Sorcerer Stabber Orphen Fan Fiction ❯ It's in the Blood ❯ Chapter 17 - Teaser for It's in the Family ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: The usual, I don't own any of the characters in SSO.

This is set after Sorcerous Stabber Orphen: Revenge. This is based off the Anime only and the English ADV versions at that. Warning Spoilers!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Thank you for reading Part one of my Saga. Here's a short teaser from part two of the trilogy. This is also posted on FanFiction.net the story id is 1415509.

To set the stage, our heroes have met someone from Cleo's past.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"So, how has my pretty-but-annoying little fiancée been doing?" Devon asked trying to pull her into his arms.

Orphen and Cleo responded simultaneously, staring at him in disbelief.

"Devon!!!" Cleo cried, as she pushed away avoiding the embrace.

"Fiancée?!?" Orphen snarled, glaring at the intruder.

"Oh, gee, she must have forgotten to tell you. My sweet girl is so forgetful. We've been engaged for years."

"Devon, shut up!" Cleo said in exasperation.

"Cleo, what the hell is he talking about?" Orphen demanded, focusing on her.

"Not now, we'll talk about it later." Cleo shot back at Orphen before turning to Devon. "Devon, what are you doing here?"

"There's a lot of reasons, but I don't want to go into them here. Let's get you home. We'll discuss everything there." Devon reached out to grab Cleo and pull her back towards him, away from Orphen.

In unison, Orphen and Cleo both exclaimed, "That's it!"

Fed up with the intruder's manhandling of Cleo, even as he ignored his own, Orphen pulled her behind him and cast, "Sword of Light!"

Cleo shouted at him, "Stop it! Don't you remember my father's letter?!?" She frantically moved back in front of Orphen, just in time to reflect the spell as it came back at him.

As it touched Cleo, the spell was reflected back to Devon and went back and forth between the two of them. Alarmed, Orphen realized the spell was gaining strength as it volleyed back and forth between the two Hunters. While Devon was able to maintain his position, the force of the spell was pushing Cleo back a few inches each time it connected.

Orphen yelled "Move it!" to Hartia. Majic, hearing the commotion, acted on the second part of his orders and `ported Alik to the far side of the clearing, next to a pair of saddled horses. Polikapi and Leki, also moving out of the line of fire, bounded after them, knowing they hadn't `ported far.

Once everyone was clear, Orphen grabbed Cleo just after the spell bounced off her and `ported them away before the spell came back again.

With nothing to stop it, the spell slammed against the cliff, creating a huge crater. It took several minutes for the dust to settle enough for the combatants to see one another again.


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I hope you enjoyed this short snippet from It's in the Family. I'm including here a shameless plug of another web site where I have this story posted and the beginnings of another, which started as a One Hour Challenge. This site is Destiny's Gateway Romance Fanfiction Archives at http://www.destinysgateway.com. There will be a mailing list associated with this site just for Orphen and Cleo pairings, but it's still under construction.


Thank you for reading the whole thing. I hope you enjoyed it.