Sorcerer Stabber Orphen Fan Fiction ❯ Velvet Flames ❯ Denial ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
:: Velvet Flames ::

Sorcerous Stabber Orphen

Disclaimer: I don't own Sorcerous Stabber Orphen or any of the characters mentioned.

Rating: PG

Pairings: Krylancelo+Azari, Hartia+Krylancelo, Childman+Azari/Azari+Childman, eventual Orphen/Majic

Warnings: AU, possible shounen ai

Notes: Yay! Another chapter! With an actual PLOT! *sweatdrop* Even if it IS part of the real series' plot . . . But . . . It's fun anyway. ^^;

D-chan has more stuff to recommend this chapter! Umm . . . First the animes Fruits Basket (SO cute and sweet!) and Gravitation (shounen ai~!). And then the ending theme for Gravi, "Glaring Dream." ^_^ I have it on repeat now. *cackles*

Have fun~ minna-san~!




Krylancelo hastily finished his dinner, ignoring the odd stares from the students around him. He could practically feel Hartia shooting him questioning glances, but everyone knew better than to ask. An excited Krylancelo meant a boy that would literally explode if someone tried to get in his way of what he wanted.

"Excuse me," he said suddenly, jumping to his feet. With barely a nod, he dashed from the room and out into the hallway, leaving his classmates baffled.

Even with his excited demeanor he was troubled. Oh, sure, he was vaguely worried about exactly how to approach the situation with Flameheart, but the way Azari had looked at him before disturbed him. Something was making her eyes spark as though ready to light fire. This wasn't the usual ambition she always showed. This was something frightening.

Apprehension had long since settled in and it was slowly giving way to anxiety and tension. Suddenly Krylancelo was determined; he would tell her tonight or never! He wouldn't let her get a single bit of her research done until he said what needed to be said.

His heart pounding for a whole new reason, Krylancelo reached the staircase that lead up to the girls' dormitories. He started up, legs already tiring from the run and now the climb, but it wasn't THAT far.

He was so busy trying to calm himself that when the piercing scream shattered the complete silence of the hallway, Krylancelo nearly fell back down the stairs.

He inhaled sharply. "Azari?" Panic flooded his senses as he scrambled up the rest of the way. "Azari!"

He reached her door, hesitating as whimpers of pain emitted from inside. "Azari?" he called, unsure whether to answer. When she didn't reply, he slowly pushed the door open. "Azari, are you--"

He broke off, eyes widening as he took in the scene before him. Disbelief flooded the sienna-coloured orbs as his body did exactly the opposite of what his brain told him to do; he ran forward.

"Azari, you didn't--?!"

"Don't look at me," she gasped, hunched over in a rather awkward position. "Krylancelo . . . " She took a shuddering breath then screamed so loudly that his hands flew up to cover his ears, eyes fastened in horror as her body began to twitch and writhe, changing shape right before his very eyes . . .

"AZARI!"



The first thought that passed the boy's mind when the explosion took place was, 'Krylancelo-sama!'

The force of said explosion was very strong, knocking the small frame of Majic into a wall. He yelped upon impact, a dull pain starting to make his back throb. Screams could be heard all over the place: in bedrooms, from hallways, outside . . . Everywhere.

Majic scrambled to his feet, hands shaking horribly. Something bad was going on . . . He had to make sure Krylancelo was safe! He couldn't just give him the ring and not try to protect him, even if Krylancelo had no idea it was his and no matter how weak he was. He had to!

"Krylancelo-sama!" he cried amidst students flooding the hallway. He searched frantically, but saw no familiar messy brown hair or sienna-coloured eyes. Most of the students out here didn't even have a pendant.

Somehow he found himself shoved back onto a staircase. The place was in total chaos; he had to move quickly to avoid being trampled by the girls flooding the stairs.

Something clicked in the abnormally perceptive child's mind. Azari wasn't here, and neither was Krylancelo. He hadn't caught a glimpse of either of them. Maybe, possibly, they were together somewhere?

Panic overrode logical thought. 'What if Krylancelo-sama and Azari-san are hurt somewhere?! What if they can't get out and the entire tower collapses on them?' The very concept made him gasp. It wasn't a single gasp, but several, quick and short ones until he threatened to hyperventilate.

'I have to find them!' Without thinking, he went straight up the stairs, fairly shrieking at this point. "Krylancelo-sama! Krylancelo-sama!"

"Majic!"

He turned, startled, just in time to be caught by the wrist and jerked in the opposite direction. "Come on," Hartia was yelling as Majic struggled. "We have to go outside!"

A strangled cry escaped Majic's throat. "But Krylancelo-sama--!"

Hartia hesitated, looking pained as he was torn between getting Majic to safety and going back to find his dear friend. "I--"

The matter was taken out of his hands, literally, as Majic's left arm was taken in a new grip. "Go," the soft voice of a young teenager said. "Find him. I'll take care of Majic. You, too," he ordered as Hartia ran off immediately, grabbing a nearby girl. "Come ON."

"Rai-san," Majic said weakly, suddenly very tired. The situation was out of his hands. There was nothing he could do but get away like everyone else.

The moment they reached the graveyard just outside the school, the little girl with them burst into tears. "My bunny's back inside!" she bawled. "I want her back!"

"Hush," Rai snapped in an unusually taut voice. The little girl fell silent, though she sniffled a few times. Majic looked up and saw that his normally neutral face was white, his single eye glancing at their surroundings as though he wished he were somewhere else.

"Rai-san?" Majic asked softly.

Rai shook his head slightly, making Majic realize for the first time that the older boy's face was exposed. His hood must have fallen off while they were running. "It's nothing," he murmured.

"But--"

"There are just bad memories here," he snapped again. Majic cringed and fell silent. He wanted to apologize, but was afraid of another reprimand. Instead, he could only wonder what was happening inside. He bit his lower lip, praying to whatever God or gods there were that Krylancelo and Hartia were all right . . .



Hartia finally came to a stop just outside the doorframe. Eyes wide with disbelief, he slowly stepped into the room. "Krylancelo?" he called softly.

The figure standing in the midst of rubble didn't move. Mahogany-coloured eyes were wide and unfocused, pain glimmering behind them. It came as a shock to him, then, when Hartia touchedhis shoulder gently.

"Azari," he whispered at last. "She . . . She couldn't have . . . She didn't do that, did she?" Hartia was pinned with a desperate gaze. It made him uncomfortable and sad; he'd never seen Krylancelo look so vulnerable.

He didn't wait for an answer. He simply looked back down at the ground. On the stone glimmered a silver pendant, the chain having snapped from some sort of strong force. "Right," he murmured, eyes glazing over. "It wasn't her, not at all. Azari would never do something so crazy, Azari is normal, completely normal as any of us . . . "