Spider Riders Fan Fiction ❯ Chain of Command ❯ The Kidnapping ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 3- The Kidnapping
Any brief clarity that Aqune had in her mind earlier was lost now. Her talk with Buguese had reminded her of all she was troubled by as of late. Perhaps what was troubling her most of all now was that it was Buguese who had tried to comfort her earlier. Aqune only saw this as a problem because he was the cause of most of her problems and still, she was happy about the fact that he cared for her. It bothered her that she could feel so strongly toward him in both positive and negative ways.
Upon hearing someone coming up behind her, Aqune jumped in surprise, being forced into a temporary break from wondering about Buguese. Then again, she knew it was a possibility that he could've been the person who showed up.
“Buguese?” she questioned.
“Not quite,” said a voice. “I am Cicadon, an Insector commander and future Big Four Member. Have you heard of me?”
“No,” said Aqune. “I have minimal contact with anyone other than Buguese or Mantid-sama.”
“That's a shame,” said Cicadon. “But typical. However, I know you well. More rather, I'm quite fond of you. However, I understand that you belong to the almighty Buguese.”
Aqune blushed nervously. “I-it's not like that,” she replied. “I am simply in the service of Buguese.”
“So then, you're a victim of his tyranny too?” questioned Cicadon. “That just might make this easier on you.”
Aqune looked at him in puzzlement.
“I'm going to eliminate Buguese and take his place,” Cicadon replied. “And as for you Aqune, you are going to be mine.”
“What?” Aqune questioned, staring at him.
“Go ahead, try and stop me,” said Cicadon.
“If I have to I will, but I don't even understand you,” said Aqune. “You want to get rid of Buguese because you're in love with me?”
“That's only half the reason I want to get rid of him,” Cicadon corrected. “I have a personal vendetta against Buguese. And come to think of it, I wouldn't call my feelings for you `love' either. Perhaps addiction, lust… but love is too powerful a word.”
“I… will stop you,” said Aqune. “I'm a Spider Rider.”
“You can't,” said the soldier, who had also entered the room. “Don't you know that Cicadon-sama has an advantage over you? Even with your power, you won't escape him.”
“It's as my companion put it,” said Cicadon. “Although, I feel I should give you a choice first. You can attempt to fight me… and fail miserably, or you can go to my side willingly.”
“Well that's not much of a choice,” the soldier pointed out.
Aqune backed away, worriedly. Where was Buguese, she thought to herself. And then, Why was she suddenly hoping Buguese would show up and save her?
“So you said you'd try and stop us,” the soldier continued taunting. “Go for it!”
“I… right,” said Aqune. “Oracle's might!” she then transformed. “Spider Rider!” she declared.
“And what next? Are you going to use you oh-so-amazing abilities on us?” declared the soldier.
“I think you should stop picking on her,” suggested Cicadon. “You may not like humans, but she is my girl. Or rather, she will be very soon. I guess it's time to try this out.”
Cicadon unveiled the vial.
“What's that?” asked Aqune.
“You'll see,” replied Cicadon. “It's my first gift to you. I'm sure you'll like the second one better though, whatever that may be.” He then pulled off the stopper to the bottle. From out of it a cloud of dust emerged, which surrounded Aqune and then subsided into the air. He shut it up again soon after.
“What… was that?!” Aqune struggled to say. The immediate effect was that she was reverted back into her normal state. But Aqune also felt weakened. “I… can't move,” she thought to herself. “B-Buguese… where are you?”
“You're the most essential part of the scheme, Aqune,” said Cicadon. “Now that I've subdued your power, I hope that you realize how serious I am about this. However, I will give you one last chance to surrender and join me willingly in my plans. If not, then I will have no choice but to sieze you myself.”
“N-no… I won't!” Aqune replied.
“Oh well then,” he said. He punched the weakened Aqune in the stomach, knocking her out.
“Great job, commander!” said the soldier. “Promotions, here we come.”
“Yes,” said Cicadon. “Soon they will. But first, we have to wait for Beerain to play her part. Also, we have to make sure we're ready for the fight against Buguese. My biggest enemy will finally fall.”
“Oh, I know all of that,” said the soldier. “So, I guess we should take the human now, before anyone else finds out about this.”
“That is correct,” said Cicadon. “I'll handle that though, since she is mine now.” He picked up Aqune and left, satisfied by his new proximity to victory.