Spider Riders Fan Fiction ❯ Chain of Command ❯ Buguese's Resolve ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 4- Buguese's Resolve
Buguese had been busy speaking with Mantid and checking upon status of various people and things. Apparently, Stags still had not reached Nuuma. Grasshop had formed a new plan to steal the Spider Rider's Oracle Key, which both Buguese and Mantid had severe doubts would be successful. But, it would at least humor Mantid, so that was why he approved it.
Now that all was taken care of, it was time to find Aqune again. As much as Buguese wished for Aqune to be obedient and get to work as she was told, he didn't expect it, so the first place he looked for her was the cliff where they spoke earlier. She wasn't there though.
“Perhaps some of what I said to Aqune sunk in,” Buguese stated. “She might be back chanting to the Oracle. Doing so does seem a bit meaningless, but eventually that will be a key in saving us.” Regardless, when Buguese arrived there, Aqune was nowhere to be found. All that he did see was Beerain.
“Looking for someone?” Beerain questioned teasingly.
“Yes Beerain,” said Buguese. “Have you seen Aqune anywhere? She seems to have disappeared.”
“Aww… you can't take your eyes off of her for even a few minutes,” Beerain continued, cringing to herself.
“I just need to know where she is,” replied Buguese. “As my subordinate, she's my responsibility.”
“I think I have the answer,” said Beerain, amused. “A certain commander had a personal interest in our precious human. I overheard Cicadon speaking with one of his soldiers and I suspect that he might know where Aqune is.”
“What kind of `interest'?!” Buguese shouted back. “And where can I find that worthless imbecile?”
“That's a bit harsh,” replied Beerain. “I think his interest in her is sort of cute. You're not jealous, are you?”
“Aqune wouldn't just go with him on her own free will. I can barely control her,” Buguese responded.
“That's true,” said Beerain, pretending to sound perplexed by the situation. “What if she's been kidnapped?”
“If Cicadon has done anything to Aqune, he will not live to tell about it,” Buguese declared.
“I suspect there will be some casualties then,” Beerain answered. “I'd wish you luck in disfiguring Cicadon and his friend, but I don't think you'll even need it. He thinks he's superior to you, but I know better. There's nobody greater than you, Buguese.”
“You're right,” said Buguese. “But you're certainly respectable as well, Beerain. Thank you for your help.”
“Um… you're welcome,” said Beerain, satisfied to get a compliment from him out of that. Maybe her plan was working better than she thought.
Buguese left immediately. He found a messenger bug chirping contently nearby and grabbed it.
“I need you to help me find Commander Cicadon,” ordered Buguese. “And Aqune.”
“Pipipipi,” the bug ankowledged. He whizzed away and soon enough returned to Buguese, chirping out a reply.
“Good,” said Buguese. “Now leave me at once!
He borded his flying platform to navigate the fortress more quickly. “Enjoy your victory while you can, Cicadon,” Buguese commented to himself. “Because when I find you, you will most certainly regret everything you've done.”
Cicadon and his ally, at the time, were with Aqune in a small room within the fortress. Eventually, Aqune regained consciousness. She had an idea as to what happened, but was still unsure as to just what the potion Cicadon released did to her powers. She tried to sit up, but had a great deal of difficulty doing so.
“It seems that thing hasn't fully worn off yet,” commented Cicadon. “I'm impressed that it worked so nicely, actually. Maybe the one who gave it to me isn't so bad.”
“Who gave it to you… and just what did it do?” Aqune wondered.
“I don't think that person would like it if I gave away the details,” said Cicadon. “Let's just say that this is mine and forget about it. What matters is that you've become powerless thanks to it, I have you now and there's nothing anyone can do about it.”
“What about Buguese?” asked the soldier.
“Oh yes, there is him,” said Cicadon. “I suppose he'll probably show up. In fact, I was hoping he would. But when he does, I'll defeat him as I planned to from the start. Then you will truly be all for myself.”
He approached Aqune's paralyzed body and bent over, kissing her.
“No,” said Aqune.
“Oh well, it's already been done,” Cicadon stated. “But you know, it would be nice if you warmed up to me a little, considering you're going to be mine pretty soon.”
Aqune moved her eyes toward her wrist. “Portia,” she thought to herself. However, she did not have her manacle.
“We had to take that from you,” added Cicadon, realizing what Aqune was trying to do. “No hard feelings, but then you could fight back.”
“Look!” yelled the soldier is surprise. A shadow loomed behind him.
“Then how about you fight me, Commander Cicadon?” came a voice.