Spider Riders Fan Fiction ❯ Chain of Command ❯ The Magic's Repurcussions ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 5- The Magic's Repercussions
“Buguese…” said Aqune. She tried to sound happy about seeing him, because she was, but she barely had the energy to say that much.
“There you are, Aqune,” stated Buguese. “Just what did this fool do to you?”
“He used some kind of… magic vial…” Aqune began. “Whatever was inside it… made it so I can't use my… power and… paralyzed my body.”
“When will it ware off?” questioned Buguese, though his statement this time was directed toward Cicadon.
“Not sure,” Cicadon replied. “This was the first time I tried it and I'm pleased it worked so well! But anyway, let's not dwell on the little things like that. I'm sure my girl will recover eventually. But for now, she'll be distracted from the pain, as she'll be enjoying the show of the century; the defeat of her mentor at the hands of his successor… myself. I anticipated you arrival anxiously.”
“So you're still trying to get on the Big Four?” Buguese questioned, a bit amused by that statement. “You really are as foolish as I remembered. I was going to mutilate you in a slow and painful death, but I think you're simply too pitiable to receive such a treatment. I'll speed it up a little.”
“You can't stop me,” said Cicadon. “I've waited too long for this and I will not lose to you, especially in front of my girl.”
“Aqune belongs to me!” yelled Buguese, holding his sword in front of his face threateningly.
“See, it's that arrogance that makes me hate you so,” Cicadon responded.
“Our disputes give you no reason to take claim of and kidnap Aqune,” Buguese replied, trying to keep himself calm. “Now, it disgusts me to even see your face, so I'd rather not chat idly with you anymore. That being said…” He then swung his sword at Cicadon.
Cicadon darted out of the way. He would not allow himself to be defeated in one blow.
“Impressive,” said Buguese. “But as expected, you have still proven to be foolish.”
“Why does dodging your blow make me a fool?” asked Cicadon cockily.
“Because you evaded yourself right into a corner,” said Buguese. “And now you can not escape!” Buguese dealt Cicadon another blow, striking him on the shoulder. Cicadon fell to his knees and clutched his wound in pain.
“Now, again!” Buguese yelled. His blade clashed with Cicadon's body.
“I… must… win…” Cicadon said, forcing himself up from the ground.
“You still wish to face me?” Buguese asked in a mix of surprise and contempt. “Well then, you will suffer the consequences!” He lifted his sword above his head, preparing to deal one last powerful blow.
“Wait!” called Aqune, somewhat listlessly. “Don't… kill him.”
“But why?!” Buguese yelled back.
“Because… even if he's my enemy… I don't think anyone really deserves to die.” Aqune replied.
“If you insist on holding onto such philosophies I can't stop you,” replied Buguese. “But for a warrior, that kind of code is clearly unfitting. Then again, Cicadon is a disgrace to warriors, so if I did kill him, it would probably be doing him a favor.” Buguese glared at Cicadon hatefully. “You were fortunate,” he stated. He then fired a blast of energy out of his blade, injuring Cicadon further.
“Gah! Cicadon-sama,” the soldier yelled.
“I was trying to ignore you entirely,” Buguese said to him as he walked up to Aqune. “We're going to leave now,” Buguese said. “Are you able to move?”
“No,” said Aqune, her voice softer than usual.
“Very well then,” said Buguese. He bent over to pick Aqune up.
“Bug…uese, thank… you,” said Aqune.
“Aqune, I can't help but notice,” Buguese began. “You seem even weaker than you were before. How are you feeling?”
“Tired,” Aqune replied. “Wait… my manacle,” she added.
“Right,” said Buguese, going over to grab it. “Oh, and Cicadon, if you ever so much as think about going near Aqune again then I will show you no more mercy.”
Buguese then focused his gaze on Aqune again. Aqune was getting paler and so Buguese was becoming even more concerned. Regardless, he headed back with her in his arms and for a lack of better ideas, bought her to his room. He watched Aqune attempt to lift her head. However, she failed in this and it swung back down. She shut her eyes as well.
“Aqune!” yelled Buguese in concern. However, she didn't respond. Buguese, in frustration, placed her down on his bed. “There is definitely something very wrong with you and I intend to rectify it in any way possible!”
He was very pained to see Aqune in this state. Maybe it was a good thing that he spared Cicadon's life though, he thought. Cicadon would have some serious explaining to do.