Spirited Away Fan Fiction / Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Ninja'd Away ❯ A Day Off ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Ninja'd Away
by Lauren Bermudez
disclaimer: i don't own naruto or spirited away but i wish i did T_T

Chapter 5 - A day off

Team 7 was currently waiting for their sensei, again. Kakashi never liked to come early, and he always had some lame excuse for it.
Naruto was muttering something to himself, his eyes gummed together with sleep. Sasuke was standing in a corner, alert and watching. Sakura was fuming at her late sensei.
The door slid open.
"YOU'RE LATE!"
Kakashi looked up from his book. "So sorry! I had to meet some people and bring them-"
"LIAR!" Inner Sakura: Why the heck is he always late? One of these days, I'm gonna get my hands on him....
Kakashi smiled from under his mask. "No, really. I had to meet some people. They're going to be joining you today for your mission." He moved aside. Aki and Chihiro waved at them from behind him.
Sasuke fell over. Everyone looked at him, and he blushed a little. (a/n: OMG sasuke blushed, the world is ending!) "They're coming with us on a mission??"
Kakashi raised his eyebrows. "Yesss, and you better be polite to them." He looked around "all of you."
Sakura looked ecstatic at the fact that Aki would be coming with them.
Naruto, however, didn't even register the fact that Kakashi had arrived, because he was still sleeping quietly on the floor. Kakashi decided to wake him up. He leaned close to Naruto's ear, and shouted "THE RAMEN RESTRAUNT IS GIVING AWAY FREE-MEAL PASSES!"
Naruto jerked awake, his eyes open wide. "HUH?! WHERE ARE THEY! FREE-MEAL-" then he realized everyone (well, almost everyne. aka a certain dark haired boy) was laughing at him. "Ah.. Kakashi-sensei!" then he saw Chihiro and Aki. "oh, hi Chihiro-san! hi aki!"
"You know these two?" Kakashi asked, not bothering to look up from his book.
"You bet we do!"
"Sakura? Sasuke? You know them too?"
Sakura beamed. "Yes! I know Aki-kun! .... And Chihiro-san!"
"... Don't ask" Sasuke said dryly, remembering his fight with Chihiro the previous day. Chihiro giggled, and he looked at her. She winked at him and Sasuke felt himself blush again.
Naruto looked around. "Okay! Let's go!" He ran outside, and everyone followed.
"WAIT!" Kakashi looked around. "But I haven't told you your mission yet!"Silence.
"Ah well. They deserve a day off."

***************************

"Uh.. Sakura? Can you let go of me?? I'm not really sure I should go...." He stared back to Chihiro giving her a little smile, but she just frowned at him and looked away. Aki sighed. 'Oh no... she's gonna be mad for a while'
"Come ON, Aki-kun! It'll be fun!!"
Chihiro glared at Sakura, who was dragging poor Aki into the large building. She marched up to the boy with the olive green eyes. "Sakura -san... I have something I have to tell aki privately... if you don't mind..." She Êdragged Aki out of hearing distance.
"Aki?" she hissed. "what are you doing?"
Sasuke and Naruto were watching from nearby.
"Apparently, Sakura is taking me shopping..."
"Ah.." Chihiro suddenly noticed Naruto.... somehow she didn't see Sasuke.
Aki narrowed his eyes at her. "What is that supposed to mean?"
Chihiro crossed her arms. "Nothing."
"What do you mean nothing?"
"I mean that if you're going to the mall with Sakura, then I'm going to the mall too!"
Sasuke overheard her, and tried to listen, wondering who she was going shopping with.
Aki looked suprised "Oh? With who?"
"Naruto!"
'Dammit! She even chose the dead-last over me!' Sasuke thought. He balled his hands into fists and shoved them in his pockets, trying to look preoccupied. He tried to look soooo preoccupied, he didn't realize he was staring at an underwear store. A GIRLS underwear store.
Hyuuga Neji suddenly waked up to sasuke and whispered , "My eyes can see through the walls.... andÊtons of girls are changing" Sasuke looked confused forÊ minute, and then realizedÊwhat he was staring at... He turned around to explain to neji... but the white-eyed boy wasÊnowhere to be seen.
ÊNaruto, meanwhile, sensed danger. That girly type of danger. And a catfight. The only sure-fire cure to any girl fighting was ramen. Then again, ramen was the only cure for Naruto. He slunk away quietly, unoticed.
"Naruto!! Come and go shopping with me! ^-^" Chihiro searched with her violet eyes for the blonde ninja. He was nowhere to be seen. Then her eyes snapped onto Sasuke. She suddenly had a better idea...
"Oooh, hey Sasuke-kun!" She smiled shyly at him, emphazing the "kun" in a reallly cute manner so that Aki would hear. "Do you wanna go shopping with me?"
Sasuke couldn't help him self. He smirked at the other boy. "Whatever."
Chihiro smiled and grabbed his arm. Glare. Invisible blue lightning flashed between the two boys' eyes. Glare. Sasuke smirked again and let him self be dragged. Aki glared at Sasuke's back and Chihiro turned aruond to stick out her tongue.
'So that's her game..'Ê Aki decided to play along
"Sakura chan" making sure that he said it in a really flirty and cool manner, "I'd love to go shopping with you"
"REALLY?!" Sakura looked happy. Inner Sakura x1,000,000,001: OH YEAH!
Aki walked with Sakura to the Food Court... little did he know... Chihiro was there.
She saw Aki/Sakura walking a little bit near them and said loudly, "Sasuke-kun, can we go get some ice-cream?" She made cute puppy-eyes at him, and Sasuke tried his best not to say anything- he didn't trust himself at the moment. He closed his eyes and nodded. "Yes! You're the best, Sasuke-kun!" Chihiro said happily and walked over to the stand.
Aki frowned. "Sakura-san, do YOU want to get some ice-cream?" He smiled at the pink-haired girl hanging on to him.
Sakura blinked. "Oh, yes, Aki-kun!"
Aki and Sakura ran quickly to the stand before Sasuke and Chihiro could get there.
Aki opened his mouth to speak to the vendor. "Aki, you dropped something," said Chihiro slyly.
AKi looked, but there was nothing there. Chihiro, meanwhile, had took their place in line. Aki's jaw dropped. She had never acted this way. Chihiro winked and blew a flying kiss at him and then rested her head on Sasuke's shoulder, who was currently blushing madly.
It was Aki and Sakura's turn, "Hello" said the vendor pleasantly. "What would you like today?"
Aki turned to Sakura. "Do you have any flavor in particular that you like?"
"Lemon!"
"Okay, one lemon please."
The vendor looked sadly at Sasuke/Chihiro's retreating form. "Sorry, but I just sold the last one to the nice pair in front of you."
Chihiro turned around and stuck her tongue at them again.
"Right," said Aki, very annoyed.
"Uh, Aki-kun? It's okay! It doesn't have to be lemon. I'll have the strawberry," she added quickly.
The vendor gave it to her. Sakura was just about to pay, but Aki smirked and said loudly, "It's okay, Sakura-CHAN. I'LL pay for you."
Chihiro flinched a bit but didn't turn around. Sasuke seemed to have lost it all together, being that he was as red as a tomato.
"Sasuke-kun... let's go to the flower shop!" she said, playfully tapping him on the forehead.
Sasuke shivered. The way Chihiro had poked him had brought back a memory of a certain brother of his...
"Ch-Chihiro..s-san? I think I n-need to go s-somewhere!!" He couldn't believe how pathetic he sounded. 'Damn Uchiha! Pull yourself together...' He swallowed and said coolly, "We can come back another time."
"Alright, Sasuke-kun! I need to go somewhere too! Right... now..." she added in a poisoned tone. Chihiro turned around and glared daggers at Aki, who paled. If looks could kill... Aki would be dead 1000 times over.
Sasuke hurried away to find himself a quiet place to pull himself together.
Chihiro casually walked over to Aki and Sakura. "Sakura-san?" Chihiro's voice was supirsingly calm. "I know this really cute place where they sell candy and trinkets and things! Wanna come?"
Sakura britghtened. "Sure, Chihiro-san! I'd love to go with you!"
The two girls walked away arm-in-arm, leaving a very disgruntled Aki behind them.

***************************
[An hour later]

"Chihiro-san, that was so much fun!"
"Yeah! I can't believe how much we spent in one day!" Chihiro and Sakura were walking home after an hour of shopping, girl talk, and bonding. They headed towards the hotel where Chihiro and Aki had rented a room. [a/n: hotels in their village? iono?]
"Bye Chihiro-san! By the way... there's something on your door!" Sakura called.
"Ja ne Sakura-san!" Chihiro frowned and put down the many bags she was carrying. She took the note and read it:

Went for a walk. Sorry about today.
Forgive?
-Aki


Chihiro looked up, misty-eyed. "Iie. I feel so bad!"
"About what?" said another voice. Chihiro turned. Aki was standing there, looking very moody.
"Aki! I'm so sorry!" Chihiro hugged him tightly, much to the boy's suprise.
"OW! CHIHIRO, GET OFF ME!" Aki said, trying not to yell as Chihiro just hugged him tighter, but looking pleased all the same.
Chihiro looked at him very seriously, then grinned. "You have something you owe me, mister!" She pinched his ear. "Say it, you fool!"
Aki gasped "I'M SORRY I'M SORRY! JUST PLEASE LET GO!"
Chihiro smirked. "That's better!"
"Ino-chan? Shika?" Chouji poked his head into the scene. "Ah, that's weird. I could've sworn they were arguing in here..." He disappeared again.
Aki and Chihiro were "...?"


********************

HAHAHA! gah. what a mess i have here. jeez. may i mention how MUCH i love Shikamaru-kun? Hehe...
Sasuke: What about me?
Me: What do you mean what about you? BE QUIET!
Sasuke: WAAAH!
Me: STOP CRYING! or i'll set my itachi on you!! *reveals a caged up itachi*
Sasuke: AHHHH! GOMEN!!! LAUREN-SAMA! THE GREAT AND ALMIGHTY! BEAUTI-
Me: *clamps hand over sasukes mouth* thank kami, that was annoying... tell them sasuke...
Sasuke: *voice muffled* Please review!!