Spirited Away Fan Fiction / Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Ninja'd Away ❯ Of Missions and Muffins ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Ninja'd Away
by Lauren Bermudez
disclaimer: i don't own naruto or spirited away but i wish i did T_T

Chapter 6- of missions and muffins



"YAMN!" Naruto yawned loudly. He had a feeling it would be hard getting out of bed after a night of ramen and feasting.
"NARUTO WOULD YOU PLEASE GET OUT HERE!!!"
Quivering under his pillow, Naruto looked to the extremely loud noise source- Sakura beating his window senseless with her vein popping.
'Inner Sakura: LET ME AT HIM, LET ME AT HIM!!'"ANY DAY NOW, YOU LAZY BUM! GET OUT OF BED AND GET OUTSIDE! NOW!!"
Not wanting to anger Sakura-the-lioness any more, Naruto hurriedly dressed and stumbled outside.
"About time! Kakashi-sensei has been waiting five minutes! WE WERE LATE TO SEE HIM BEING LATE! THAT'S BAD NARUTO!" Sakura thwacked him on the head, and Naruto cringed. An angry Sakura was something he did NOT want to see first thing in the morning. He looked around. Naruto was not suprised to see his two new friends there. He noted that they were standing kind of close, with Aki leaning against the wall and Chihiro resting her head on his shoulder.
Sasuke was there too, glaring at the twosome every so often. Naruto smirked at the expression on his teammate's face. "Well, Naruto, it seems that you decided to get up and join us," said Kakashi who seemingly appeared out of nowhere. "About yesterday, I never got to tell you guys your mission."
"Thank Naruto for that, Kakashi-sensei"
"... right. Anyway, this time you are being assigned a C-rank mission!"
Sakura blinked. Sasuke raised his eyebrows. Naruto beamed. Chihiro and Aki did nothing. [a/n: slap me for my simple sentences(+ ]
"What is it Kakashi-sensei?" Naruto asked eagerly.
"Your mission is to get a gold plated muffin to Swamp Bottom!"
Chihiro gasped and Aki grew rigid. "Swamp Bottom? But that's..."
"Yes, Lord Hokage conversed with your kage yesterday. There has been trouble with a monster demanding a gold-plated muffin..."
Chihiro sweatdropped. "Kaonashi..."
"Pardon? "
Chihiro giggled. "Uh.... this monster! I thought I took care of him, but apparently he's back to his old ways."
Aki looked bored."That useless demon? That's all we have to do?" Chihiro elbowed him in the side. "OW! What was that for?!" She glared at him. "But I didn't do anything...." he muttered.
Chihiro put on an elated smile. "We'd be happy to help, Kakashi-san! Rrright, Aki?"
"Right," grumbled the boy.
"So what exactly do we have to do, Kakashi-sensei?" asked Naruto.
"Simple. Get him what he wants." Kakashi turned to Chihiro and Aki. "I understand that his kind are completely harmless once they're satisfied, am I correct?"
"Uhhh.." Aki said slightly unsure.
"Yes, that's correct," said Chihiro.
Sakura waved her hand.
"Yes, Sakura?" asked Kakashi.
"How are we going to get a gold-plated muffin?"
"Hmmm... good point. I'm asuming that none of you know where to find one?"
Everyone nodded. "Hmmm now we have ourselves a problem."
Aki interrupted. "Um, Kakashi-san? Can I talk with Chihiro for a minute?"
Kakashi raised his eyebrows at all these "Kakashi-san"s and nodded.
Sasuke watched Aki pull Chihiro aside and start talking with her with a serious tone. He wondered what was going on between the two of them... wondered if they were more than friends... he wondered if..
"Hey Sasuke-teme!"
The said boy jumped, suddenly pulled from his thoughts. Naruto was grinning at him. "I heard you went on a date with someone yesterday! So who was it, huh? Spill!"
"Chihiro took me shopping, dobe, that's not a date," Sasuke said flatly.
"AHA! So it IS Chihiro-san!" Naruto rubbed the back of his neck. "So is there something going on between you guys? Cause I keep seeing you staring at her and stuff!"
Sasuke's heart started beating fast. 'What?! How did he figure that out? Am I being too obvious? Who else knows?!'
Sakura just leaned back and watched with an amused look on her face. She had never seen Sasuke being taunted before like this, and it was actually quite funny.
"I... don't know what you're talking about dobe."
Naruto didn't buy it. "Aww, come on! I saw you glancing at her earlier. And yesterday, when she came into the room, you fell over!"
Sakura gasped. 'Omigosh, he's right! That's more than a coincidence! Sasuke likes Chihiro! wait.. why isn't that bothering me?? hold on... How did Naruto figure that out??!'
"I tripped, just so you know... and I wasn't looking at.. Chihiro, I was..."
Naruto desperately tried to hold in his laugh as his supposedly untouchable teammate struggled for an excuse.
"...I was just... Aki! I was watching him! He seems kind of suspicioius..." On the ouside, Sasuke looked cool and calm, but he was breaking down inside. He kept asking himself the same questions over and over: Was he denying his own feelings? Did he REALLY like Chihiro? And most of all, How does Naruto know?!

**********************

Meanwhile, Chihiro and Aki are deep in discussion...

"Chihiro this is really bad!"
"Why? I get to see Granny and No-face again!"
Aki looked away, no longer smiling. "I can't explain... it's like... remember what I told you right before you left?"
Chihiro gazed off into space. "How could I forget..."
FLASH
"...But I can't go any farther. Just go back the way you came, you'll be fine. But you must promise not to look back, not untill you've passed through the tunnel..."
END FLASH
"This is part of it... you're not meant to go back... just like you couldn't look through the tunnel, it would erase everything that you worked to change." Aki sighed, and a tired look shadowed his eyes. "Once you passed Yubaaba's test and her contract broke, another one formed." He turned to look up at Chihiro. "By agreeing to take the test, you were agreeing that if you passed, you would never be able to come back..."
Chihiro's eyes went wide. "What will we do?"
"I don't know. Swamp Bottom is not part of Aburaya, so we can still return there. But knowing that monster friend of yours, he probably wandered back to the bathouse..."
Chihiro looked down at her shoes. "This is all my fault..."
"Oh Chihiro, don't--"
She put her hand over his mouth, blocking his words. "No. I'm going to make sure that we get through this. I'm not going to let Itachi get you!"
Aki reached up and moved her hand away, startled at the fire burning in her violet eyes. "Fine, we'll go on this mission with Kakashi and the others. But there is one problem... even if Swamp Bottom is not part of Aburaya, it's very close. Things can get weird if you stray too far..."
"Don't worry, I'll be careful!"

**********************

Chihiro and Aki came back to the others to find Naruto laughing his head off, Kakashi reading his book, Sasuke with a confused look on his face, and Sakura shaking her head sadly.
"Umm." said Chihiro.
Team 7 turned their heads to look. When they saw the twosome, Naruto smirked and Sasuke turned pink.
Kakashi looked up from his book. "Hello. Finished talking?" Aki nodded. "so you're coming with us?"
It was Chihiro's turn to nod.
"Hey Kakashi-sensei," Naruto turned to look at his teacher with his big blue eyes. "how are we getting to whatsitsname?"
Kakashi hesistated, "... Well Naruto, you see..."
Aki interrupted him. "It's called Swamp Bottom--"
"--and we're getting there," said Chihiro grinning, "by train."


YAY! we're finally done with the sixth chapter... things are starting to get interesting.
Anway there are a bunch of suprises in the next chappy.
And one question is answered: Does Sasuke finally get his first [well, second if you count Naruto XD] kiss?!

Preview:
Sasuke finally found his voice. "*******?"
"Shhhh." She had come even closer.
"What are y-you do--" but he was cut off. His eyes widened.
Aki, ****** and Naruto stared at the two of them.
****** pulled away, smirking. "Heh heh..."


R&R!! thankee(: