Spirited Away Fan Fiction ❯ The Return ❯ Into the Tunnel ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The wind sighed softly on the trees, making them stir. In front of me stood the statue, and behind that, a tunnel, a black hole. It's kind of funny how that small stone sculpture had scared me so much as a child. It looked something like a monkey. Taking a deep breath, I took one last look at the human world. Then I put one foot in front of the other, slowly walking forward.

* * *

I skipped across the stones, and turned, taking one last look at the world that I loved so much. I patted the small frog's head as I walked past. And then, I was in the market. A warm wind touched my skin, but I shivered. Something was scaring me. I wasn't changing, but… well, it was a nagging feeling in my gut. I began to run, hoping my heart knew where I was going. My feet finally stopped at the bridge, where the frogs were about to come to their positions. One frog looked up and I hid threw myself behind some bushes along the side railing, praying that I would be safe. I was wrong. The frog sniffed the air, called over the others, and they crowded around me, almost drooling. They began arguing about what they should do with me, and they took a vote. It was decided that I would be taken to Yubaba. I kicked and fought and screamed, wanting anything than to go to Yubaba's headquarters, but I was growing very sleepy…