Spirited Away Fan Fiction ❯ The Return ❯ Yubaba's Headquarters ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I groaned and shifted my head upwards, and slowly everything came into focus. Yubaba sat at her desk, writing. The green heads were gone. My lips were dry and hard, but I managed to get out a whispery, "Let me work here Yubaba." She kept writing, not seeming to notice me. I stood up shakily and licked my lips and said in a louder voice, "Yubaba, may I please work here?" She glanced up. "You can't possibly be serious. You left and caused me tons of gold, and now you want back in? Think again." I looked around, thinking of a way to get her to let me have a contract. Then I remembered. "MAY I PLEASE WORK HERE?!" I yelled. Yubaba stared at me with the most hateful look I had ever seen, but before she could reply, a rumble came from somewhere close. I smiled and she opened eyes widely in shock. "Alright, alright, fine, you can work here! But if you yell one more time, you will be a lump of coal!" I nodded in agreement, and a pen and contract flew toward me. I signed my name at the bottom, and it flew back to Yubaba. She glanced at my name and, running her hand over the characters, said, "Your new name will be Sen. You got that? Now, answer me Sen!" "Yes Ma'am!" I yelped. A voice came from the doorway. "You called, Yubaba?" I turned and saw Haku's face, only an older version. He glanced at me wide eyed, and then Yubaba said, "This is Sen. Show her around and get her paired with someone." He nodded, and beckoned to me. I followed him out into the hallway, and to the elevator. In the elevator, we hugged for a moment, and then he asked, "Chihiro, why have you come back?" "I thought something was wrong… I had a dream about it," I replied. "Tell me about your dream later, when we have time. Everything is going to have to be the same as last time you came, because Yubaba will hurt you if it isn't. Lin will be more than glad to take you as a helper." I nodded, and then we stepped out of the elevator, hand-in-hand.