Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ /The Chronicles of Pain: Doon's Story/ ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author’s Note: Nothing really to say. Enjoy! ~Chapter Two~ “A Mysterious Broadcast and A Shadowy Savior”  

In the morning all of the Titans woke up and ate breakfast together. They really were getting to be good friends. Beast Boy and Cyborg both loved videogames and loved to challenge each other. Starfire was fond of watching them when they played, but she liked it even more when Robin was there.

They both liked each other and loved to spend time with one another. But neither of them could build up the courage to say anything to each other. Cyborg had already met a girl he secretly loves, Bumblebee. BB and Raven also liked were growing fond of each other, even though Raven pretended as though he annoyed her.

But enough about love interests. The Titans finished up breakfast and got dressed into their uniforms. What came next would not be fun, it would be grueling training. By the time they were done, it would be time for dinner.

They headed up to the roof where they practiced teamwork in dire situations. They each jumped off the roof and were saved by each other as if they were themselves, then citizens. It was a dumb activity according to Beast Boy, and he demonstrated it by having a horrible attitude all practice long and letting his “citizen” fall extra long.

Next came the obstacle course. This was probably the hardest part of training. Battle drones, gun turrets, and many others devious enemies were positioned strategically in this course according to the specific Titans’ powers and abilities. Raven and Starfire had both flight and ground based courses. Cyborg had a blast-em and rock-em sort of course to tackle. Robin’s specially modified test made good use of his acrobatic skills, but also of his personally made gadgets. Beast Boy’s was the hardest to engineer. It tested his main animal forms, plus.

After they had all gone through their own courses multiple times, they were tired. But that wasn’t the end of it. Next came weight lifting, strength testers, treadmill running, and stretching activities. These exercises were also modified for each of the Titans.

After training, they were exhausted. They fell onto the comfy couch in the main room of the Titans Tower and rested from their long day. BB grabbed the remote and switched it to a channel with a baseball game playing on it.

“Turn over to the news for a second.” Robin requested.

Beast Boy grudgingly reached for the remote and flipped over. They all watched the T.V. screen in shock of what appeared on it.

There was a shadowy image of a man sitting in a chair, his face and body weren‘t able to be seen by the Titans. He was facing forward towards the team and had his hands folded on the table in front of him.

“Hello Titans. I will be bringing you the evening news today. This just in: my robot clones are armed and positioned at city hall ready to blow all of downtown to bits and pieces. There appears to be citizens still in the area too. Oh, such a shame you‘ll be too late to save them. Unless of course you do this humble newsman a favor.”

Robin snarled at the T.V. while all the other Titans looked on, grim expressions written on their faces.

“What do you want? Don‘t try to ignore me, because I have a powerful urge that you can hear me you sadistic bastard.”

The man on the T.V. wagged his finger as if scolding a child.

“Tssk, tssk Robin. Don’t lose your temper with me just yet.”

That voice is so evil, but yet so mysterious. Robin thought.

“I want only one thing. To see your team’s talents.”

Robin pondered for a moment before he responded.

“That’s sounds extremely suspicious, and a little too easy.”

“I assure you, I just want to see what the Titans are made of. I urge you to put on a little display for me quickly, or risk dangerously lowering Jump City’s population.”

Robin glared at the figure on the T.V. before he seemed to make his decision.

“Fine, we’ll do this for you, but one thing in return.”

“Hm… very well, I’m listening.” the figure replied.

“What’s your name?” Robin asked.

The figure hesitated for a fraction of a second, then replied.

“That will come soon enough Robin. Right now, I would make sure your precious city is safe.”

And with that the T.V. shut itself off. Robin was the first to speak.

“We’ll discuss this later. For right now, let’s get downtown.”

####################################################### ##############################

So the Titans took off towards downtown. What they found down there was definitely not a happy community. Everything was thrown askew, parts of street and building could be found everywhere they shouldn’t be. A large group of people were standing together, surrounded by a bunch of metal drones standing in front of them in all directions, forming a steel fence around these helpless citizens.

The Titans, all of them this time, leapt into action after Robin said his line. They all carelessly attacked the robots. They were so tired from the hardcore training session they experienced earlier that day, they were being reckless in their attack strategy. Starfire noticed Raven levitating a piece of building towards a section of drones, which had a person in the middle of their group. She rushed into action and deflected the object with a powerful string of energy bolts. Raven realized why she had done this and nodded to Starfire, as if telling her that she would be more careful next time.

Robin also noticed the Titans becoming weary and careless. He called them together again and told them the errors of their attacks.

“I know we’re tired and our minds are on that strange man, but we’ve got to focus team. These are people’s lives we’re dealing with. We can’t let this city down. Let’s pull ourselves together so we can go home and figure out these mysterious villains.”

The rest of the team nodded and ran back into the battle. Robin couldn’t help notice that there was a cloaked figure up on one of the shorter rooftops. They were crouching down, observing the battle. As soon as he had noticed them, they looked towards him. They locked eyes for a what seemed like an eternity, but it was actually only a few moments before the observer stood and leapt off the other side of the rooftop they were on. Robin, now thoroughly confused, regained whatever focus he had left and ran into battle.

&&&&&&&&&&&&& ;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& ;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& ;&&&&&&&&&&&&&

There were metal parts scattered all through the streets around the area. There had just been a brutal battle; Teen Titans vs. An Army of Metal Drones. Once they had finally managed to defeat all of these robots, they were exhausted and covered with sweat. They all breathed heavily and leaned up against a building.

“Good job team, that was a challenging battle, but we came out of it on the top.”

His mind was still wandering to that cloaked figure. Their eyes, they were a very intense emerald. They radiated so many emotions, but mostly a deep pain. Robin didn’t know how he could read their eyes’ emotions, they were just so strong.

But his mind was quickly taken off these things when he noticed that one of the drone parts, a hand, was crawling on its own towards them. It reached Cyborg’s feet and dropped a piece of paper on the ground. Cyborg bent down and picked the paper up before kicking the hand away.

He read it aloud to the rest of the Titans:

Excellent job, dear Titans. Your fighting techniques have true potential. However, that doesn’t mean you don’t need work out the, “kinks”. Such as the fact that you don’t work for me…yet. Or that you are quite the goodie-two-shoes and, dare I say it, innocent. But those things can be worked out soon enough. I would like to meet with you, one on one. Of course, if you refuse this offer, something very unfortunate will befall Jump City. Now the brave heroes can’t let that happen, can they? Warehouse 7, Midnight, Saturday   Sincerely, The News Anchor  

Cyborg handed the note over to Robin after he was done reading.

“So it’s the same guy. I think we should check it out guys, it may give us some clues as to who this guy really is.” He paused, reluctant to ask his next question. “Did any of you happen to notice a cloaked person, up on the roof tops?”

They looked at each other and they all had the same look on their faces.

“No friend Robin, but maybe you have just imagined this cloaked person…”

He looked down at the ground.

“Listen, we’re all tired and all we want is some sleep, am I right?”

Everyone nodded.

“So I think we should head back to the Tower and get some shut eye, ok?”

They all murmured approval and they headed off. Robin was still thinking about the person the entire way home. The emerald eyes were still engraved into his tired mind as he lay his head down many hours later and fell into a fitful sleep.

Author’s Note: Hey, sorry for the really short chapter, but I felt it needed to end there. Different viewpoint for next chapter. Read and Review please!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

&n bsp;

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

&n bsp;