Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ /The Chronicles of Pain: Doon's Story/ ❯ Chapter Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author’s Note: Hey everyone! I’m sorry, but there will be no Titans mentioned in this chapter. A short part of this chapter (as mentioned in the last one) will be written from a new character’s (one I made up myself) viewpoint. This chapter will basically be learned about them and their significant past. I think I’ll keep her name a secret and reveal it later. So since this one isn’t going to be very long (I don’t think), I promise to update soon afterwards. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: I do not own the Teen Titans, but I do however own Doon’s character. ~Chapter Three~ “Enter Doon”  

 

 

My name is Doon. I am cursed with this power of mine. I wish I were dead, and my dirt-bag father thinks I deserve to be. I am going to tell you the story of how I killed my mother with my powers, lost my father’s love, and earned the “slave” name of Doon. This is my story. My chronicles of pain.

__________________________________________________________________ ___________________

A little girl of about four with brown hair and aqua blue eyes came running into a country home. She ran up to a beautiful woman. She was in her early twenties and she had the hourglass figure, long, flowing brown hair, bright emerald green eyes, and a smile that could make anyone’s day brighten instantly upon seeing it. She saw the little girl run in with her hands cupped together. She opened them to show the woman what was inside.

Out flew a brightly colored ulysses butterfly, with bright blue in the center of the wings and chestnut brown around the edges. The older woman and the girl watched it flutter out the window.

“Mommy, will I ever be as free as that butterfly?”

“Definitely sweetheart, you can be as free as you want, just as long as you don’t let anything hold you back.”

Doon nodded and gave her mother a hug before running off into the fields again.

_________________________________________________________________ ____________________

A few years later, Doon was at the age of eight. It was Christmas Day, and her family and herself were sitting in various chairs around the tree. They were just beginning to open the presents now. Doon had two siblings. Nate was a boy of ten, brown hair, jade green eyes, and very tall for his age.

Sara was a girl of five, also brown hair, and olive green eyes. Their father was now sitting next to their mother, his arm was around her and they were smiling at their excited children. He was the other blue eyed family member in the room. His were a deep sapphire blue, he had clean cut brown hair, and he wore a very kind expression on his face, he always did.

They ripped open the bright wrapping on their presents. Sara got a doll. Nate received a basketball. Doon got a pad of paper and a large set of writing and coloring utensils. Sara got a Barbie, Nathan got another Game Boy game. Doon got a hair beading set. Same old gifts. But what happened after everyone was done opening all of their presents was the special thing. Her mother took her aside and gave her a small box.

“I know your getting older honey, and I wanted to give you something that you can use whenever your in trouble of any sort. You can always think of me when you see it, and it’ll be like I’m there to help you. I didn‘t want to give it to you in front of everyone else so I wouldn’t hurt anyone else’s feelings. It‘ll be like a secret between us, ok? ”

“Ok. Thank you Mommy.”

“Happy Christmas dear.”

Doon opened the little box before going to bed that Christmas. The contents were a beautiful silver necklace with a emerald crystal at the end, the color of her mother‘s eyes. The crystal had silver wings coming out the sides of it. There was a piece of paper at the bottom of the box. She picked it up and turned it over. It read:

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

-Psalm 23:4

It had a picture of Jesus on the bottom of the paper, under the verse. The cross was on one side of him, heaven shining down on a flock of lambs was on the other. Her mother had written a message in the middle of the verse and picture.

For my sweet little girl,

I know that you won’t stay little for very much longer, and that you’ll have many trials ahead. But face them with hope and courage, with God.

Love, Mommy

When the little brown haired girl went to bed that night, she tied the necklace around her neck, and vowed to never take it off.

___________________________________________________________________ __________________

Her mother’s name was Ariana Dupree. She was a very sweet loving woman who always put her family before herself. Her husband, John Dupree, loved her more than anything in the world. His passion for her was unmatched with anything else. He loved his children dearly, but never to the same degree as he loved Ariana. She was his world, his universe, his life.

__________________________________________________________________ ___________________

One day Doon had been playing in the forest by herself. She was still eight. It was the April after the last Christmas. Then a storm started coming in. She hardly noticed because she was having such a good time. It was going to prove to be a very brutal storm. The winds started churning and the rain was now pouring. She was starting to realize the danger when the thunder and lightning shook and boomed.

She started to become very scared and broke into a run. She stumbled and tripped a few times. Doon was now frantically sprinting to get away from the increasingly loud lightning. It seemed to be getting closer, as if chasing her. Suddenly it was right behind her, the trees were being hit and were falling down. She was terrified.

Suddenly a tree just feet in front of her was hit and she tried to outrun its path. Too late. Some of it’s heavier branches crashed down on top of her. She was pinned down to the ground, crying now. She was so scared, the loud noises were getting closer…

She screamed for help. As loud as she could, she screamed and yelled and shouted. But no one came. She gathered all of her energy together and tried to move out from under the branches. Nothing, she was only eight after all, even though she was very strong for her age. Trees were collapsing all around her and she had no idea what to do. Just then, the unthinkable happened, Lightning struck in the same place twice. She screamed in pain as the shocks flowed through her. It felt so horrible, the heat and the friction coursing all through her small body. She could feel herself dying, at least that’s what it felt like.

Finally, the pain ceased. She fluttered her eyes open. She felt very strange, like something was really different inside. She tried to move out from under the tree again. She found that she could not only move the tree, but could move the it without touching it! She was too disorientated and in too much pain to notice, until she looked above her, then it came crashing back down from it’s thirty-foot high position. Luckily someone came and snatched her away just in time.

It was her father. He had come out to get her when she didn’t return when the storm started. She fell limp in his arms. He carried her away in haste, thinking about what he had just seen.

When Doon woke up, her father was sitting in front of her. They were in a car, she was strewn in the back seat, him leaning over the armrest between the driver’s and passenger’s seats to see her.

“Are you alright sweetie?” he asked. There was a shocked tone to his voice.

“I guess so… did you see what happened Daddy?”

“Yeah, I did. You got …struck by lightning honey. I don’t know how, you were pinned under that tree, then…”

He broke off, confused. He was a scientist, and none of this made any sense to him.

“Does anything hurt?”

She thought for a moment, then shook her head no.

“It hurt so bad when it was happening, but now its gone. I feel different…”

That brought him to his next question.

“Honey, did you see what you did after the lightning struck?”

She once again shook her head.

“You lifted that tree. But you didn’t touch it, you shouldn’t have been able to lift it anyways, it was so odd…”

Doon looked at her hands.

“I did that? But I don’t remember anything after the lightning.”

“You say that you feel alright?”

“Yep, I feel fine, except for the difference.”

“That’s good. We should probably get back home, sweetie.”

She nodded. She was so confused and scared. What was wrong with her? Doon vaguely remembered getting up, then being carried off, but nothing about lifting a tree. But then how did she get up? Her father must be telling the truth, and why would he lie? Suddenly she was drained. She leaned her head against the seat again and went to sleep.

_________________________________________________________________ ____________________

Doon was now ten years old. She had lived with these strange powers for two years now. Only her and her father, John new about them; and they had decided it was better to not tell the rest of the family. She never willingly used them, she didn’t even know how. But whenever she became angry, she could feel them stirring, uncontrolled, inside of her. She could sometimes see things lift centimeters off the ground for a short period of time. She prayed no one else did.

Obviously, it was very hard living with these powers. She was constantly worried that they might be unleashed and end up hurting someone she really cared for. And that, unfortunately, is exactly what they did.

Ariana and Doon were in the house alone. The rest of the family had gone to see a baseball game. Since neither of them had any interest in baseball, they had stayed home. Ariana was in the living room, reading a novel. Doon was in a deep sleep on the couch.

They were both peacefully resting when Doon started tossing and turning in her sleep. Ariana didn’t even notice at first. Then Doon began to make more noise, muffled words. She glanced over, but thought nothing more of it. Then her little girl started to thrash violently, then she proceeded to yell. Ariana put down her book quickly and tried to wake Doon up.

When she went near Doon and tried to shake her arm, the girl thrashed and almost hit her. She backed up, very concerned now, and tried again. Doon was screaming for help. She was thrashing, kicking, hitting.

“Honey, wake up!” Ariana tried to yell over her daughter’s screams. She was yelling strange words and things around her were starting to…what the…move by themselves? That’s right. The tables, chairs, sofas, pictures, everything was levitating and starting to spin together. The lights were flashing on and off now.

Ariana was so scared she didn’t notice her daughter rising to her feet or that Doon was starting to lift off the ground herself. The furniture swirled in a circle around Doon. Ariana clutched the door frame in an attempt to stay on the ground herself. She tried to reach her daughter, but she was much too far away. Doon’s eyes were glowing white, her hair was changing colors.

Something supernatural was happening here, and Ariana was terrified, something she had rarely felt before. Doon had tears streaking down her face, but she showed no signs of being sad at all. Ariana began to feel pressure, tremendous pressure all around her. She saw the glass cracking across the room. She felt a tear drop down her own cheek, maybe from the tremendous pressure induced headache she now had.

Her body hurt all over, the pressure was becoming too much. What about her little girl, was this hurting her too? If so, Doon showed no signs of it from her airborne position. The paint started to peel, the walls were cracking. The roof was breaking apart from the house. The house itself was falling apart, various items from all around were airborne around Doon.

Then, when it seemed Ariana would burst from the pressure, the windows shattered. She saw this and, perhaps stupidly, dashed with all her strength to shield her daughter. But it wasn’t Doon who needed protection, as all the glass parted around her.

The same could not be said for her mother. The glass in the huge front window had shattered, and so did all of the other windows in the room. They had rushed towards the whirlwind surrounding Doon. But they had pierced Ariana. She looked surprised and shocked when the glass first entered her heart, lungs, and entire body, but then her face twisted into an expression of pain as she slumped onto the glass covered carpet.

Her entire body bled as she died. Ariana was happy to see that Doon also fell to the floor in a state of deep unconsciousness, but she was unharmed. Ariana’s last thoughts were of her children whom she cared for more than herself, John the man she loved so much, and how she had lived a wonderful life.

__________________________________________________________________ ___________________

When John, Nate, and Sara returned home with their novelty hands and big bags of salty peanuts they were greeted with a destroyed home, a dead mother and wife, and an unconscious girl.

Nate hugged Sara when John went over to Ariana with such a painful look on his face, he might of died right then. He picked up her motionless, bloody, glass filled body and hugged her closely to himself. He cried like he had never cried before. He screamed and yelled, tears flowed down his cheeks as he mourned his wife and lover with great passion.

It took some minutes for him to calm himself down enough to check on his daughter to make sure she was alive. He found a heartbeat, and carried them both out of the house, his two other children trailing behind. He set them down softly in the grass of their large country lawn.

“Nate, go get blankets and pillows.” came John’s muffled, hurt voice.

Nate just stared ahead with empty, pain filled eyes.

“Now!” John yelled.

Nate immediately snapped out of it and ran into the house. Sara was crying a few feet away.

John turned towards her. “Sara, sweetie, come here.”

She didn’t move.

“It’s okay, come here.” he coaxed, realizing he had scared her.

She reluctantly moved into his embrace. He hugged her close and stroked her hair. She cried into his shoulder.

What monster did this to my family? I’ll make them regret this. I’ll kill them. I swear it.

Little did he know he had just vowed to kill his own daughter.

______________________________________________________________ _______________________

Yes. I killed my own mother. I wish that she could live every day instead of me. But she can’t, and he hates me for it. I don’t know how much longer I can go on like this, being his servant, begging for forgiveness inside and only receiving scorn in return, it all tears me apart. But I do know that he hates me with every fiber of his being, and that I return that hatred. Yet I still serve him, and I deep down I think I still felt some sort of love for my father.

“Get to work. Now.” His chilling, metallic voice came from my doorway.

I climbed off my blanket-bed and followed him out of the damp, dark basement, which was more like a dungeon to me. It was time to serve him, and earn his forgiveness.

Author’s Note: Ok, there’s Chapter 3. It was obviously a sad one, but I hope it didn’t bore you guys too bad. I hope I can do fast updates for this story… read and review please!