Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Teen Titans High School Musical Christmas special ❯ Nobody Cares! ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWO
 
Vic, Dick, Kori, and the Goths all met up in town still shopping for things to decorate the dance with. Kori even wanted to take a look at some of the new dresses, but Dick wasn't allowed to see…
 
“I hate it when she does that to me…” he joked.
 
The Goths were not impressed. “Just give me blue…” Raven hissed, “Lovely, depressing, blue…!”
 
Kato liked the idea. “I love it when you speak that way…” he flirted with his girlfriend with a wicked stare. Raven smiled back at him, and then she grabbed him a pulled him into a kiss.
 
Vic shuddered as it almost looked like worms, sucking each other's ends. “Those guys really need some help…” he whispered to the others. Dick and Kori agreed.
 
After a while they all decided to get some grub, and Vic knew the perfect place. “Mega Meaty Meat.” he said with glee. “The only place that's got all meat, all the time.”
 
Dick and Kori heard of it, but the never actually ate there. Kato knew one thing though. “They don't have anything but meat, with the exception of bread for the sandwiches. They don't even have soft drinks.”
 
Kori and Dick sweat-dropped in shock, but decided they'd check it out anyway.
 
 
Much to their surprise when the arrived and took their seats at the counter. “Garfield…?” asked Kori.
 
Garfield rolled his eyes and shrugged his shoulders, “Surprise! Surprise!” He said with sarcasm. “Yeah, I'm working here.”
 
Dick couldn't understand it. “I thought you were a vegetarian…?”
 
This was true, Garfield felt very strongly about animals, and how they were part of what made the world go round. He wouldn't eat animals or things that came from them like Milk or cheese, and even eggs. He was all about the Tofu.
 
Still, the others ordered their food, and Vic really ordered hearty. “Let's see-- I'll have eight number-threes. Five number-twos. Two number-ones… and a diet soda.” but much to his surprise, “Actually, we don't have soda. Only meat.”
 
Kato was right, and so Vic decided, “Well then… make it a cup of meat-juice.”
 
Nevertheless, Garfield gave the friends their food. “Are you the only one who works here?” Raven asked.
 
Garfield motioned around indicating there was no one else. Just him and the owner, and manager, Bob, who was passing-by inspecting Garfield. “Hey-Hey-Hey! That's what I like to see…” he said with an unusually big grin on his face. “You're good kid, Gar… keep this up you'll get a bonus in no-time.”
 
Garfield smiled at his boss and carried on with his work. Raven raised her sandwich to her face, and then she stopped when she gazed at the place's mascot; a giant steak with goggling-eyes. “Okay… I can't eat. Not until that THING stops staring at me.”
 
“It's Meat-tastic.” the mascot cried out.
 
Dick enjoyed his steak, but, “Garfield, are you sure you can really work here? I mean… doesn't this place seem a little weird.”
 
Garfield showed him one of their products. “We have fries here that are made of meat. YES! This place is weird and while I hate the meat, I need the money. It's the only job I could get.”
 
Then he picked up a mop and bucket, and put a cloths-peg on his nose. “Excuse me…” he said with his voice clogged by the peg. “The proficiency of the facilities calls to my immediate attention.”
 
The others raised their eyebrows, which forced him to repeat the phrase, “I gotta go clean the washrooms.” then he was off.
 
Garfield was a hard worker, and to Bob, “He reminds me of me. Back when my spirit was crushed by the man… and now, I am the man. Heavy!”
 
 
About an hour later, Garfield finished the bathrooms, he stopped for a moment to gaze at his face in the mirror. He grabbed the skin round his eyes trying to straighten out the bags under his eyelids, “Dude… it's getting worse.”
 
Still, just stretched out and got back to work, and would you know, Terra was out there, with Jackie, and Jillian. “Oh, no…!” he groaned.
 
Right as he got back to the counter, the girls started to tease him. “Hey, Jill… look at that.”
 
Jillian sniggered, “Looks, like Brat-Boy's got the hots for the meat.”
 
Garfield didn't bother to respond. They pulled the exact same jokes at him everyday since they found out he got the job. It was getting old. “Come guys… leave him alone.” Terra said.
 
They ordered their steak-sandwiches, and while they weren't looking, Garfield did something sneaky to two of the sandwiches… then passed them to the girls. “Gee… thanks Garfield.” Terra said sounding a little shy.
 
“Whatever…” Garfield said sounding low.
 
Terra decided that this was any place a better to try and say things to him to maybe let him realize how she felt. “So… Garfield… do you, like… have a date… fore the dance on Friday.”
 
Garfield stopped right where he was and clenched his fists, “Ugh!” he moaned softly. “The dance! The dance! That's all everyone can talk about…”
 
Garfield made it perfectly clear that he didn't have a date, and didn't want one because he wasn't going. “What the matter…?” Jackie mocked. “Poor, baby afraid?”
 
Jillian laughed like a hyena. “You're such a geek…! Brat-Boy!” The girls then took a bite out of their sandwiches, and noticed Garfield was smiling at them sinisterly. Then they felt why…
 
Their faces turned red and steam shot through their ears and they took off at a feriy pace. They ran all around screaming in pain. “HOT…! HOT…! HOT…!” They ran out of the place and Terra wondered how that happened…
 
“Hmm, mm…” Garfield sniggered as he pulled out of his apron-pocket a bottle of “Super Spicy Sauce” which he sabotaged the girls sandwiches with. “Paybacks are the sweetest.” Terra giggled a bit at how he performed the prank.
 
Soon, Garfield was leaving, his shift now over. Terra walked outside almost after him. She noticed he was looking just as bummed as he was every day of the year “Garfield…?” she wanted to know, “Is everything okay…?”
 
As Garfield hoped onto his moped and fixed his helmet and goggles in place-- Jackie and Jillian, returned from their spicy-episodes, were sneaking up behind him to pet him with water-balloons as payback…
 
Garfield gazed at Terra, “Why are you being so concerned about my wellbeing?” he asked her deeply. Terra was almost speechless, “Well… I--” she paused and twiddled her fingers nervously. “I'm just trying to show you that I care…”
 
This didn't impress Garfield in the slightest. “Why would you wanna' care about me?” he asked, “Nobody cares about me.” hen he pulled on the handle bars which fired the exhaust flames and smoke fright at Jackie and Jillian, covering them in smoke and causing the balloons to soak them instead…
 
Garfield turned round, knowing they were there the whole time by his rear-view mirrors. “…And I don't care about anyone.” He laughed at the two foolish girls and then drove off down the streets of the city with his cape flying in the wind.
 
Jackie and Jillian sat there on the payment coughing and hacking form the smoke, but Terra stood there looking as if she had just been crushed, even though it wasn't. She did wish he hadn't acted like that when she was offering him kindness…
 
Yet deep down, she wondered why he was acting this at all. Showing disrespect for the holidays… always looking as if he had just bitten into a lemon. Something was up with him; but what?
 
 
As Garfield drove down the streets, heading for the city limits he could see lots of stores and displays all lit up and selling Christmas specials. People singing carols in the streets. Santa's with charity collection plates.
 
Garfield wasn't so heartless… he did give a little of his pocket change to the charities, though deep down he knew he was regretting this because of some danger. Still, the Santa actor thanked him, “You have a merry Christmas now.” he added.
 
Garfield drove away and his features hardened. “Merry Christmas? Pah…! At least everyone else knows how to have fun…” he sneered under his breath.
 
(Music cue)
 
(Garfield)
 
I can't think of anything that's dumber.
To this dude, Christmas is a bummer.
 
 
He continued to drive up the streets on his way out of town, and seeing more and more things he hated on the way…
 
 
Beaming faces everywhere,
happiness is in the air
I'm telling you, it isn't fair!
I hate Christmas!

People loaded with good will,
giving presents, what a thrill
That slushy nonsense makes me ill
I hate Christmas!

I don't partake in holidays like normal people do
You can wish good will to me, but I won't wish it to you.
Humph…!

Here comes Santa, girls and boys
So, who needs that big red noise!
I'll tell him where to put his toys
I hate Christmas!
 
 
“And if you want the truth, I don't really like Thanksgiving or Valentines either!”
 
 
Christmas carols to be sung,
decorations to be hung
Oh, yeah? Well, I stick out my tongue!
I hate Christmas!

Christmas bells play loud and strong
Hurts my ears, all that ding dong
Besides it goes on much too long
I hate Christmas!

I'm sick of every holiday with all the joy and flash
And that cheerful smiling, it makes me feel like trash, yeah!

Christmas Day is almost here
When it's over, then I cheer
I'm glad it's only once a year
I hate Christmas!
 
 
He rolled out of the city, into the desert valley, and just kept right on going far, far away…