Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ The Incredible Beast ❯ Chemical Crisis ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

EPISODE FOUR
 
Days turned to weeks, and weeks turned to months…
 
Poor Garfield had traveled a great deal around the country. Hitchhiking to new cities to either search for a cure for the Beast, or just seek a small job to earn some much needed money.
 
It really was disturbing and very lonely for him. Living from day to day, moving from place to place. Assuming new identities and being on the run from Jackie and Jillian and their corrupted reporter fathers.
 
He did however make a few good friends during his travels, which he was very sorry to have to leave… especially if they discovered the truth about him. They did have pity on him and refused to tell anyone, including the reporters and their daughters about what they knew regarding the Beast.
 
Garfield was starting to feel hopeless, as if he would probably never find a cure for himself, but as a young-man of science, he wasn't willing to give up. His very social-life, as well as the safety of the world depended on it.
 
Today… he was in a place called Gotham city, a region miles and miles away in another county of America. He had taken up a job at a video arcade. Sweeping floors, collecting the coin-boxes… just about all the basics that there were.
 
Garfield found it intriguing, as he had never spent much time in an arcade before. He was strictly a guy who preferred to study instead of slack. Despite all that, he certainly was doing well…
 
“That's my boy…” said his supervisor, Mr. Penguin. He was a short plump man, with long beak-shaped nose. “You keep this up and just maybe I'll let you take a whole collection-box full for yourself.”
 
Garfield smiled, “I'm just happy to help out is all.”
 
Then, one afternoon, Garfield noticed a lot of teenage kids were gathered around specific game at the back of the arcade. It was a motion-captured martial-arts game where instead of sitting in control seats, or using remotes… the players stood on panels on the floor and the game characters would copy their battle-styles as they moved their bodies.
 
Garfield couldn't resist and walked over to see what was going on. He was just in time to see some poor kid get beaten. “Aw, man… I was the best fighter in my club.” he groaned as he got up and walked off the platform. “Good game, bro…”
 
The other guy, who beat him, was about the same age as Garfield was. He had black hair, he wore a black leather jacket, and heavy thick sunglasses over his eyes. He also had a very strict look on his face and all the people in crowd were talking about him.
 
“That guy's won forty-nine straight games.”
 
“He's so cute…” a lot of school girls would coo.
 
Finally, his next opponent climbed up onto the platform. He was all dressed-up like a street punk, and he had three friends in the crowd cheering. “Get the pipsqueak.”
 
“Crush him!”
 
“Flatten him Phil…!”
 
Obviously, Phil and his friends were a bullying gang. THE ILL'S they were called. Phill, Gill, Bill, and Jill; The Ill's that and of course they licked to make a mess of things like making people sick.
 
Now they had their sights set on the other guy on the platform. “Just you wait, “Yo' Robin…” Phil sniggered, “I'm going to clean you up, and then clean you outta' here…!”
 
The Ill's all cheered on for their boss, but the other young-man just smirked, “Hmm…!”
 
“Hey…!” snapped Phil, “What are you laughin' at?”
 
“Just that you talk like such a little kid.” he mocked at him.
 
“Oh yeah…?”
 
“Yeah…! Now then… you only have one minute to try and beat me. If not… then beat it! Got it?”
 
Phil just laughed, “Forget about one minute, and just give me one second to teach you a lesson you won't soon forget, Rich-Boy!”
 
The boys chose their players and the fight began. At first it looked as though Phill was going to win. His character beat the other guy's character down to the last eight of his hit points… and that was when the other guy sprung into action.
 
He was really skilled at kung-fu and karate; he even did an aerial back flip and still managed to stay on the platform. Before anyone knew it, Phill had lost as if he had just taken a one-shot KO. “No way…! He beat me… he actually won.” Phil sneered.
 
That was the fiftieth win that day, and the guy decided he'd had enough. “Hey… you get back here!” Phil snarled at him. The other Ills tried to hold him back. “Hey…!” snarled Bill, “No one disrespects our boss like that.”
 
“You got some nerve, dude…” snapped Jill.
 
The guy just kept his sneering face. “You guys should talk…” he snapped. “You have some nerve make fools of yourselves each and every day. Talk about Pathetic.”
 
“Ha? What'd you say?” snarled Gill.
 
“That's enough!” snarled Garfield. “Break it up or I'll have you all thrown out…!” The I'lls decided to cut a break and split. The other guy approached Garfield and sneered at him, “You know… I didn't need your help. I could've handled those thugs on my own.”
 
And he stomped his way over to the soda-bar, leaving Garfield feeling confused instead of angry; he wasn't supposed to be getting angry anyways, or else…!
 
 
The Ill's met in the alley behind the arcade and Phill was kicking the tons out of a dumpster. He was taking his defeat from that Robin guy pretty rough. “That kid couldn't have beaten me.” he growled for the umpteenth time. “He must've cheated!”
 
“Uh… boss…” said Bill, but Phil didn't even turn around, and simply said, “Shut up!” and he continued to attack the dumpster. That is… until he heard the sound of someone with a familiar voice clear his throat.
 
“Mmm-Kmm…!”
 
All four of the Ills started to quiver in fear. A short, plump man was standing in the shadows, and flipping a coin, and smoking with a long cigarette-stick. “I'm an easy man… I can take a few things.” he spoke deeply to the punks. “But it makes me sick to my little bird stomach to work with the likes of street kids like you.”
 
He went on telling them that he was growing sick and tired of their failures to perform a specific task involving the kid the called Robin. “Boss look… we're sorry but--”
 
“You're always sorry…” snarled the mystery man. “But get this into your heads. “My shipment's coming tomorrow evening, and I want to make sure it gets through before that guy Wayne gets it. If I don't get it, or if you guys mess up again… well then… you guys are really going to be sorry! Got it?”
 
The Ills agreed and their boss left. “Man… that guy needs his feathers clipped.” snapped Jill.
 
“Focus guys!” snapped Phil. “If we want to get our piece of the action, we gotta' keep focused on Robin.”
 
Bill nodded, “If he starts to get suspicious of the boss's secrets, he'll go and tell Big Bruce, and we'll all get the jip!”
 
Gill shuddered, “Dude… don't even get me started.”
 
Still, keeping mind what they had to do, the punks ran off to be nasty to other people.
 
 
Later on, as the arcade went into slow hours, Garfield was told to clean up by the soda-bar, and that's when he noticed that same guy who was rude to him was still sitting there, half through his first soda, and looking a little grim… as if he didn't know how to smile.
 
Garfield decided to ignore him, but that's when he caught sight of him. “Hey…” he said, “Look… about how I acted before… well, sorry. I'm just not having a good day.”
 
Garfield understood and accepted the apology. “My name's Dick by the way…” he replied, “Dick Grayson… but everyone just calls me Robin.”
 
“I'm Garfield… Garfield Ganlo.” He lied about his last name.
 
Robin then got the suspicion, “You're not from around Gotham are you.”
 
“Oh, no… I only got here a few days ago. Just need to earn some extra money.” Garfield answered, and then he realized. “Say, you said your name was Grayson?”
 
Dick playfully rolled his eyes, and reached into his jacket. “Yes…” he answered, and pulled out an old circus-poster, “And yes… I was one of the Flying-Graysons.”
 
Garfield remembered hearing about those folks on the news some time ago. They were all trapeze artists in the circus, and unfortunately there was a problem. The wires were cut deliberately by crooks, and poor Robin, who wasn't in the act at the time, watched in horror as his whole family plummeted to the hard floor with no safety net and died.
 
Robin explained that he was brought up by Gotham's tycoon, and millionaire. Bruce Wayne and had lived with him ever since. “We work like business partners, and I have to help out with his incoming shipments of supplies every other day or so, but lately… things haven't been going too smooth for either of us.”
 
Garfield began to wonder if this had anything to do with why he was looking so down. “I've heard that Wayne Enterprises is being accused for drug-handling.” he said.
 
Robin nodded, “But it's not true!” she sneered as he pounded his hand on the counter. “Wayne Enterprises has never once shipped, nor handled any illegal drugs before… not its entire legacy. But now even Bruce himself can't seem to prove it.”
 
“Our chemicals have been poisoned, or been uncovered to be filled with cocaine, pot, and weed, but we don't know where it's all coming from.”
 
Robin went on explaining that if things didn't start to turn up soon, if they couldn't prove they were being set-up… Bruce would be trialed and almost certainly sent to prison. “Wayne Enterprises could get shut down, and I'll most likely lose everything all over again.”
 
Garfield was beginning to understand Robin a lot. His situation was just like him. He lost his family, but a kind man was willing to put up with him… just like Rita did for Garfield when his parents died.
 
He was starting to wonder if there was anything he could do to help out, but before he even had a chance to ask, Mr. Penguin came back to inform the boys, “We're closing… everybody out.” Then he instructed, “Come on Garfield… get with your cleaning, I'm not paying you to chat off all day.”
 
Garfield sighed. “Yes, Sir…” and he picked up his broom and carried on sweeping up the floors, while Robin had no choice but to get up and leave. He really was looking bummed. All this trouble, and he hadn't an idea of what to do to help things.
 
Garfield hated to see him looking so down, but what could he do about it. Yet, as he was sweeping up the floors he realized there was a small patch of white powder behind the counter.
 
He looked around to make sure that nobody was watching. He bent down and gently scooped up a pinch of the powder in his fingers and gave it a little sniff. “Wha--?” he sniffed it again, and realized it was cocaine.
 
“What would cocaine be doing here…?” he thought. He then began to wonder if perhaps somebody had cocaine on them and dropped a little of it while they were in the arcade, but who…?
 
Just then, he heard Mr. Penguin coming, and quickly got back to his work, and before he knew it, it was closing time, and Garfield had to head back to his motel for the evening. His mind was still racing over what he had found in the arcade.
 
Not many people had been near the Soda-Bar that night. Just him… Robin… and Mr. Penguin himself. Who could have brought the cocaine in…?
 
 
As he walked down the streets, he suddenly ran into the Ills on a dark street. “Well, well… look at what we got here.” Phil sniggered.
 
“If it ain't the little broom-boy who didn't know how to mind his own business.” Jill sniggered.
 
Garfield's eyes narrowed, but he was careful not to let them get to him. “What do you punks want now?” he asked.
 
The Ills sniggered, “What we want is to give you a little bit of a warning…?” snarled Bill as he socked his fists, but Gill held him back, “No, no, stupid.” Bill felt disappointed known that they wouldn't be fighting.
 
All four punks approached Garfield, “You keep your distance from us Broom-Boy… or you may find yourself missing a limb or two.” and then they all walked off into the night.
 
Garfield was a guy who never tolerated bullies, not even during his days at Murakami High. No bully ever tried to pick on him and he hadn't gotten his revenge. He chose brains over brawn any time, and that was his rise to invincibility.
 
As he turned to walk up the street, he noticed from the spot where Gill had been standing, there was another small dash of that powder, and a small green leaf or something like that.
 
He recognized the leaf sample anywhere. “Weed…?” and the powder looked exactly like the stuff he sampled in the arcade. It had to be more cocaine. This lead Garfield into thinking that maybe the Ills were somewhat involved with the situation regarding Wayne enterprises.
 
 
When Robin got home to Bruce's mansion… Alfred the butler had already had, “Your dinner prepared for you Mr. Grayson.”
 
“I'm not hungry…!” Robin sulked, and just wandered off to his room. He never felt this bad since his parents died, and now it was if the nightmare was trying to repeat itself.
 
Just then, there was a knock at the door. He thought it was Alfred, but it was really Bruce himself with a freshly delivered pizza. “Alfred tells me you haven't eaten yet.” he said.
 
Robin didn't respond, but it soon became clear, “Guess my feelings are that obvious.”
 
Bruce understood Robin ever since they had met, and no matter how much he tried to cover it up by acting all tough and sensible, his fear could still be seen. “Don't worry… I got every investigation out searching. We'll nail whoever's behind all this.”
 
Robin felt slightly better, and realized he'd need his full strength to help with that special delivery coming tomorrow evening. “I'll take that pizza now.”
 
Bruce smiled, and left him to chow down.
 
 
The next day, Garfield went to work at the Arcade, and he asked where Mr. Penguin was. His assistant told him that, “Mr. Penguin said he won't be in today. He's got some important business to attend to. Something about picking up some delivery at the airport…”
 
Garfield decided to just go about with his work in any case. It was a quieter day at the arcade, even with kids out of school for the summer, but that didn't mean that he couldn't work just as hard.
 
As he worked, his mind was still focused on Robin. He wondered if he was feeling any better, or if he and Bruce Wayne had discovered any leads to help uncover the mystery of who was trying to overrun Wayne-Industries.
 
Just then, he heard police sirens outside, and lots of people speaking in near-panic. He walked outside, and asked the first person he saw, “What's going on…?”
 
The guy told him, “The police are headed for Wayne-Industries. Something really big's going on up there.”
 
Garfield was most worried about Robin, but he couldn't just leave work like that, and he didn't have to, because I almost no time at all the news broadcasts were jamming with breaking news about the assumption that Wayne-Industries was indeed guilty.
 
The reports had come in that Bruce himself was also finding it really hard to come up with any evidence that could prove his innocence, and therefore he decided to go in peace.
 
Garfield was really upset now, “So you heard too…?” asked a voice from behind. Garfield turned and saw Robin standing at the door, and he was looking more upset than Garfield was.
 
In fact… he looked as though he was ready to kick a hole right through the wall. Robin was however happy to say that the police didn't take Bruce in, yet! Even though he offered to go quietly, “They're giving him one last chance…” he said, “The shipment of chemicals that I'm picking up is going to be at the airport tonight. If we can prove that Wayne-Industries are not responsible, we can lose the lawsuit.”
 
Garfield was glad to hear that, “But how are you going to prove that?”
 
Robin explained that he had a plan, and he was going to head to the airport right now. Even though the shipment wasn't coming until about seven-o-clock, “I'm going to wait there all day, and I won't let anything slip past me.”
 
He tipped his shades, “I'm going to get to the bottom of this once and for all!” then he left, through the open doors, but he didn't realize that the Ill's were standing right outside and heard his every word.
 
As soon as dick hit the roads on his bike to go collect the pickup-tanker, the Ill's followed him in their mean-looking car. Garfield saw them, however, and he could tell from the looks in those punks' eyes they were up to no-good.
 
Luckily it was time for his break, so once he informed Mr. Penguin's assistant, he took off after them, and even got a cab to take him to the pickup-lot.
 
 
When Garfield had gotten there, the cab driver took a short cut. Robin wasn't there yet, but he could see the Ill's care parked in shrubs behind the wired-fence, but no sign of the Ill's anywhere. He was certain that if they had seen him they would just… pop out of nowhere and try to get at him.
 
Suddenly, they did! They were hiding inside a truck-trailer, while no one was looking. “Surprise, broom-boy!” snapped Jill.
 
All four of the punks surrounded him. “Looks like someone's a little hard of hearin'.” sniggered Phil, “We told you to keep out of our way, Ganlo!”
 
Garfield was starting to feel a little freaked out, “Look…” he said, “I know you guys are up to something involving Robin and I think you know more about the Wayne-Industries mishap than anyone else does.”
 
The punks laughed, “Maybe we do… and maybe we don't.” Gill sneered. “The point is… you're starting to know something you're not supposed to know.”
 
“Mmm-Hmm…” snapped Jill, “According to our bylaws, we gotta' punish you.”
 
Bill was all giddy with joy, “Does that mean we can beat him up now…?” he asked. The others, even Garfield looked him with the look of stupidity. “Shutting-up now…”
 
Garfield was in for it now, and just as the Ill's tried to rush him, “Hey…!” called a voice. It was Robin, there to pickup his tanker-truck. “Leave him alone!” he snarled at the punks.
 
This only made the Ills laugh. Now they could take out two birds with one stone. “Get them both!” Phil shouted. Bill and Gill went after Robin, who put up his dukes, while Jill and Phil stayed to get Garfield.
 
Jill had quickly leapt behind Garfield, and held him by the arms. This let Phil ram punches straight at his face and gut.
 
Robin could see that he was in big trouble, but first he had to deal with Bill and Gill. The two punks rushed straight for him, but Robin, remembering his skills at kung-fu, and karate, flip them both right over his shoulder and began to fight them… with his back turned away from Garfield.
 
Jill and Phil continued to pulverize Garfield and then…
 
SNAP!
 
Garfield had that look in his eyes again. His clothes shredded, and before long the Beast had appeared. Phil and Jill screamed, and so did Bill and Gill… Robin couldn't understand it, but when he turned round, “Whoa…!”
 
There stood a huge hulking creature, wearing Garfield's pants. Jill back away from it, but the creature had grabbed a-hold of Phil snarling at him loudly. “Put me down! Put me down!” cried Phil.
 
The creature simply threw him like a javelin, right into a pile of cardboard boxes. Then it set his on Jill. Bill and Gill tried to rush the creature, and rammed what had to be their biggest punches at his back… but that felt like hitting a brick wall with a toothpick. All it did was make the monster more angry.
 
Before Bill and Gill knew it, they were thrown over the fence, and right into a mud-puddle. This gave Jill a chance to try and attack the creature with her switchblade-knife, and she actually managed to cut a huge gash into the creature's chest.
 
The monster roared loudly as his blood began to drip out, but now he was really steamed up, and grabbed a hold of Jill. “Ow! No…! Let me go!” and he threw her like a ball right into the far back of an open trailer. She slammed into the wall and nearly blacked out.
 
“Garfield…!” Robin yelled. The creature turned to stare at him, and growled angrily. Robin put up his fists ready to defend himself, but keeping in mind of what was really happening… he didn't want to fight. “Garfield, I don't want to fight you. Can you hear me? I don't want to fight you…!”
 
Hearing these words, the creature stopped growling, and lowered his fists. This triggered him to change back into Garfield, and it didn't take him long to realize that he had transformed again and beaten up all the punks. It was also obvious that Robin had seen him…
 
“Aw, man…!” he cried in shame.
 
Robin was amazed by all this, but he had no time for details just yet. So he grabbed his Tanker truck and began to pull out. “Well, you coming or what…?” he offered him. Soon they were both on the road together.
 
Robin even offered Garfield some spare clothes from his backpack, and yes he asked about the creature. “It's a little hard to explain…” Garfield said, “But I did find out something. It seems that the Ill's are in what's happening at Wayne-Industries.”
 
Robin looked really interested in what Garfield had to say. Finally he had some leads, but from his years of being a junior-detective… “But no ordinary street gang, not even the Ills would ever want to see Wayne-Industries shut down.” Robin said. “They must be working for someone else.”
 
The boys wondered who it could've been, but there was only one way that they could be certain, and that was wait at the airport and see if anything suspicious would happen before the delivery arrived.
 
“Wait…!” Robin said, “Shouldn't you get back to work now?”
 
Garfield shook his head, “I'd hate to think of what's going happen when those Ills come too and tell people what they saw. I have to hang low.”
 
Robin understood, and now that the really thought it over, it would be nice if he had a little help. “Just as long as you don't… you know…?”
 
Garfield assured him he only had to keep his cool maintained.
 
 
After a while, the Ills came out of it, and they were pretty steamed. “What the heck was that thing?” asked Bill. “He was angrier than my dad used to be after the bottle.”
 
“Man… was that dude tough.” said Gill. “He threw us around like rag-dolls.”
 
The punks all continued to chatter away, until Phil reminded them, “Hey, listen… we got other things to worry about than some big ugly monster… we gotta get to Grayson before he ruins everything or the boss is gonna kill us!”
 
The punks, realizing that he was right, dashed for their car. They checked their trunks to make sure everything was still perfectly set up. Then they were off…
 
 
Garfield and Robin had made it to the Gotham Airport base at three pm; four hours before the shipment was due to arrive. Robin parked the tanker near the base, in an area where he and Garfield could get a good view of all the runways, every road, and what lay beyond them.
 
Robin resisted the urge to call the police. He wanted to try and nail the suspects on his own, and with Garfield. Besides, Garfield had already informed him that he couldn't let the police see him, nor the press.
 
Robin understood and respected that, it all had to be due to that creature he became. So the boys just sat, and waited.
 
Both of them made sure not to fall asleep. Especially Garfield, because he remembered that if he suddenly started to dream about the accident that killed his parents years back, it would trigger him to transform again. He couldn't let that happen again… it would ruin their only chance to help Wayne-Industries.
 
The hours seemed to last forever, but the boys stayed wide-eyed and alert the whole time, even when it began to get dark. Robin received a phone call, on his cell that the plane was due to arrive any minute by the airport-control crew.
 
Soon, Robin could see it approaching on the runway furthest from the base. “There it is…” Robin said.
 
Garfield nodded, but then he noticed something. “Look… there's another tanker truck.”
 
Sure enough, another Wayne-Industries tanker was making its way along the runway where the plane had come in. Robin realized that that was what they were looking for. “Bruce put me in-charge of pick-ups. No one else.” he said.
 
Garfield nodded, “Let's go…!”
 
Dick started up the engines and they pulled the truck out towards the gate, but no sooner did they reach it did the Ills car pull up in front of them, blocking the way.
 
“Oh no…!” muttered Robin.
 
“Now what do they want…?” sneered Garfield.
 
“All right Robin… Come out of there!” snarled Phil. “We're going to settle this score for good!”
 
Obviously Garfield realized that the Ills didn't notice he was there was well, so he decided to sneak out through he trailer back, and he slipped out of sight leaving Robin to deal with the punks. “So… you guys really are behind all this trouble with Wayne-Industries.” he sneered at them.
 
“Duh… ya' think?” snapped Jill.
 
The punks explained that their true boss wasn't happy about Wayne-Industries making all that money and send them into the dumps. “We're going to rise up in this town, just as son as Big Bruce gets the boot.” snarled Gill.
 
“Rich, rich, rich…!” Bill kept on cheering like a dork. “OH, BE QUIET, BILL…!” the others sneered. Phil then opened the truck of the car revealing their own stash of cocaine; weed… just about everything that was discovered in the chemicals at Wayne-Industries, but the stash seemed to be half full.
 
“Where's the rest of it…?” Robin demanded to know.
 
The punks just laughed at him. “Why should we tell you…?” Phil said, and then he reached into his jacket and pulled out a pistol. “You're not gonna' be around to take it to anyone even if we tell you.”
 
Robin gritted his teeth as Phil cocked his pistol, and BANG…! Shot him right in the stomach. “UGH…!” Robin went down like a bowling-pin. The Ills laughed and cheered for joy. “He's gone!”
 
“He's history!”
 
As they walked over towards his supposedly dead body, they realized that no blood was leaking out. “Huh…?” and then, quick like flint, Robin reached up and grabbed the Pistol out of Phil's hand. “What the--”
 
BAM! “D-OH Robin sent his feet into Phil's gut as he flipped back up. It turned out that he was actually wearing a bullet-proof vest under his clothes. “Wayne-Industries always provides…”
 
He then smashed the Ill's only gun on the ground, crushed it with his foot and then he was ready for really big fight. “Bring it on, Bird-Boy!” snapped Phil, and the other Ills growled loudly and rushed into battle.
 
One against four, and Robin acted as if he were eight-men with his skills. Punching and kicking the punks with such furry, determined not to let them ruin up Bruce's company…
 
 
Garfield however was already near the site of where the plane had finally stopped and the tanker pulled up. Garfield made sure to stay well hidden behind the crates and tanks that were unloaded.
 
The crew onboard the plane stepped out, but they came out hold the pilot and his crew hostage. “What…? More goons…?” he muttered softly.
 
Then he saw the driver of the tanker step out from the truck. Garfield couldn't believe his eyes; it was Mr. Penguin. He handed the goons a briefcase full of money. “If everything holds up… Wayne Industries will be out of commission for good.” he sniggered. “That guy's been getting enough money for too long now.”
 
The goons agreed with their boss, and finally Garfield had seen enough, but he accidentally knocked a crate down when he tried to move out of the way. The goons and Mr. Penguin were startled by the crash. “Who's there…?” Penguin called.
 
Garfield ducked down behind the crates, and one of the goons was stupid enough to shot at it blowing up a small can of chemicals. The explosion wasn't very big but it did cause Garfield to fall and skid over to the gates.
 
“OW…AAAH…!” he groaned in pain, and then…
 
SNAP!
 
It was happening again. His eyes glowed, and his clothes began to rip…
 
Penguin and his men waked over closer all three of the men had guns now. “Come out and fight like a man!” Penguin roared.
 
Just then something else roared from behind a pile of empty crates. The men stepped back a little, and then… SMASH! A huge beast rammed through he crates like a wild elephant. It snarled and flexed its huge fists at the men.
 
The two goons dropped their guns and held each other screaming in fear. Penguin was also quivering in fear, and he just took one shot at the monster. The bullet did wound the beast, and caused him to bleed, but now he was really angry…
 
“Let's get out of here!” Penguin screamed, and he and his men dashed for their truck, forgetting about the chemicals, and putting their drugs in them… but the creature had other plans.
 
Penguin and his goons already fired up the motors and tried to back away, but the truck wouldn't even budge, and then they saw why… there was the creature starting at the front of the truck and holding it in place with his huge yet bare hands.
 
“He's got a-hold of us!” cried Penguin.
 
The creature, still snarling and roaring at them, began to pound the living daylights out of the engine, and then… with his monstrous strength, he tilted it right over. All three of the men were knocked unconscious.
 
As for Robin…
 
Three of the Ills were already knocked out, and Phil was rushing forth with a switch blade, but some guys just never learned. Robin jump-flipped, knocking the knife out of Phil's hand… and WHAMM!
 
Phil was down for the count. “I'm still the winner…” Robin boasted, but he said it to himself. then he gazed over to where the plane was, and he saw the creature, and the imposter-truck tipped on its side.
 
Then, before long, the beast ran off into the night, just as the authorities came.
 
 
The next day… a lot of things happened.
 
Wayne Industries was cleared of all charges, and Bruce owed it all to his friend “Dick Grayson… the best guy that I've ever admitted into my home.” He said over the news report.
 
Penguin and the Ills were arrested for sabotage, dealing in drugs, and blackmail. This put Penguin's assistant in charge of the arcade now too. Everything was going to be okay…
 
Except for one little detail… the reports of Wayne Industries had attracted the attention of Jackie, Jillian, and their fathers who were in Gotham the whole time and heard people talking about seeing the huge creature.
 
Garfield had to get out of town and fast before anything else happened, but he did receive a phone-call from Robin thanking him. “If it wasn't for you… I'd probably be living in the streets by now.”
 
Garfield accepted his thanks, and then it was time to hit the road again. He was just leaving the arcade when he caught sight of Jackie, Jillian, and their reporter fathers heading his way.
 
He couldn't let them see him. So he quickly picked a newspaper that was on the bench near him and hid behind it pretending to read it. The reporters and their girls passed by not even noticing him. “Whew…!”
 
Then he took the first cab he could signal to the edge of town, and then he was on the road again… trying to hitchhike to… who knew where.
 
It didn't matter if Gotham City, and Wayne Industries were safe. He still was stuck the way he was… a lonely young-man with a dangerous power living inside of him.
 
 
Garfield Logan is believed to be dead…
 
And he must let the world think that he IS dead until he can find a way to control the raging spirit that dwells within him.