Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Yet With Passion Replete ❯ The Party ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The air hung with a certain fragrance as Alex gazed over the room. Drunken revelers stood talking, roughing each other up, making out, or any other drunken activity before him. The best `Drag-Queen' he knew, BeastGirl's daughter Mara had dragged him along to this `hip' party so he could be a designated driver. Selene also helped bring him out of his room for the night.
 
Around 11:05, however, his best friend Ian showed up to join the party, having had to do something with his mother. He hung out with Alex for a few minutes before a drunken girl walked over and took him out to the pool area.
 
Surveying his surroundings for the thirtieth time that night, he saw the two couples in the two separate corners of the room, and the third on the first landing of the stairs leading upstairs. The two 19-year olds beating each other up for no reason aside from the fact that they were slapping each other on the back, which turned to shoving, which turned to fists flying.
 
The groups of talkers who sat on, stood behind, or reclined against the aged sofa in the middle of the room. Various beer cans and plastic cups littered the floor, and wallflowers clung to the walls. Alex himself stood away by the door, holding and occasionally sipping the clear soda in his cup, which he was lucky no one had tried to spike it with vodka or some sort.
 
From time to time Selene, Mara, or Ian would wander in aimlessly to grab another beer or find someone, but then wander back right out again. Curiously, some dark-haired boy about a year older than Alex eventually led Selene upstairs. She was giggling and obviously drunk. Would Alex intervene? No, why ruin her fun?
 
As Alex watched, more and more people became involved in the drunken brawl and the two original fighters were lying on the coffee table and couch, passed out with bruises visible on both. Now several people were fighting for no apparent reason, including girls as well.
 
When Mara approached the fight herself, a look of excitement in her eyes, Alex stepped forward and directed her away, keeping her out of it. The last thing he needed was explaining to Terrence why his little girl was covered in bruises and scratches while he was on duty.
 
After a while Ian returned and stood and talked to him as they both watched the fight. Ian's speech was only slightly slurred.
 
“Five hundred thousand bucks on Katie making it out alive or dead, buddy.” Ian hung off of Alex, pointing with a free hand not holding beer to the fight.
 
“I only bet when things are in my favor, so no takers.”
 
“Aww, c'mon…c'mon, c'mon…C'MON. Live a little.”
 
“I think you've had too much to drink, you never could hold your alcohol. I'm cutting you off.”
 
“Hey barkeep, keep the brews coming!” He shouted at nobody, making a jerky motion with his arms, and fell to the ground. He laughed. “Whoopsie, look who fell down! I did, I did!”
 
Alex rolled his eyes and helped his friend up. It was close to 2:00 so he rounded up Mara from out by the pool and he waited with her and Ian for Selene to come down. When she finally did it was almost 2:45, and they all headed out the door, three out of four of them drunk.
 
On the way to the car, a sleek black Jaguar drove up to the driveway and a brown-haired woman their age got out and took Ian from Alex.
 
“Came to pick him up, thanks for bringing him out.”
 
She took him away and piled him into the backseat of her car, then got in and drove off.
 
Alex eventually got Selene and Mara into his car, then took out the keys and got in the front, then drove them all away, heading back to the Tower.
 
He tried focusing on the road like he should, but he was having trouble. All he could think about was the brown-haired beauty that took Ian away from him.
 
He didn't even get a name.