Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ The Second Chance ❯ Green eyed monsters not needed ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I do not own any of the characters from tenchi muyo and i am not benefiting from
any profits. The only character i own is Tsetsuke Natamaru i give no permission to
anyone to use my character without permission.

Chapter 3: Green eyed monsters not needed.

Ryoko and Tsetsuke woke up before lunch, and headed to the dining room. For the first time ryoko made introductions. “ Everyone this is Tsetsuke Natumaru a very good friend of mine, “ she announced giving him a little push forward. She started down the table, “ That’s Kiyone and mihoshi they work for the GP, Princess Ayeka and Sasami from Jurai, Honorable Katsuhito and Nobuyuki, and this is Tenchi,” she said fondly when she said his name. Hearing the tone of her voice on the last name, both men looked at her. Tsetsuke studied her as if looking for the answer to an unspoken question. Tenchi’s gaze softened just a bit, and felt immensely better about the scene he’d seen earlier assured that she still cared for him. At that last thought tenchi paused to question himself, when had he come to depend on her feeling for him just a little disturbed he pushed the thought away before he really started to probe what it could mean. “What?!” ryoko said blushing pink touching her face trying to find what they were both staring at. Ayeka raised her hand to her mouth, “Ahem….lets eat this delicious meal that Sasami has cooked before it get’s cold,” she said primly. Normally Ryoko would have harassed ayeka by now but she decided to let it go because tsetsuke was here. Everyone got seated and started to eat, “ Miss Sasami this food is delicious you are a very good cook,” Tsetsuke said turning towards the little princess. Blushing prettily Sasami waved her hands in front of herself,” oh thank you but you can call me sasami the miss is way too formal,” she said smiling at tsetsuke. Ryoko looked over at him, ‘ it’s been so long I forgot what being with him is like’ she thought turning to focus her attention across the table at tenchi who seemed to be lost in his own world. ‘ and then theres tenchi my new love , but now ….’ “unnnh.” ryoko grunted in frustration grabbing the attention of both boys without noticing. Ayeka fumed inside ‘what had that devil woman done to Lord Tenchi to make him look at her like that. The woman was planning something she just felt it. After lunch Tsetsuke and ryoko approached tenchi, “Uh tenchi….” she began fidgeting a bit. “Would it be okay if Tsetsuke stayed here with us?” she asked. “ i would pull my own weight, I can clean and help in your fields,” tsetsuke said. Tenchi waved his hands in front of them and laughed, “ my father ,grandfather, and I already decided that we had room for you.” “Arigato,” ryoko said turning towards the door. Both boys started to speak at the same time, “Ryo…” tenchi said. “Okana would you show me around, I haven’t seen anything except that lab,” tsetsuke said. Ryoko’s face lit up, “come on there’s so much you would like,” she said as she dragged tsetsuke out the door. Tenchi felt disappointed and a little angry, he had been about to ask ryoko if she wanted to go for a walk. He had wanted to talk and ask her a few questions about tsetsuke. Ayeka frowned a bit as she watched tenchi stare after the pair. She decided to use this time to her advantage, “ Lord Tenchi would you like to take a walk with me?” she asked. Tenchi looked at ayeka and wiped the disappointment from his eyes. “sure,” he said with a smile and the two walked outside. “ look here and look here!!!!” ryoko said as she pulled tsetsuke behind her. Pointing out the trees and the lake she moved to drag him somewhere else. “wait,” tsetsuke said yanking back on her arm, “whats this?” he asked pointing to funaho in the clearing. Pulling her after him towards the tree stopping suddenly in front of it. Taken off guard by his sudden stop ryoko slammed into him. Turning quickly he caught her against him, “uh….” he said as he held her close. Blushing ryoko pushed back away from him, and turned towards the juraiin tree. “It’s a tree of juraii, the seedling from the legendary prince yosho’s ship he planted it here after the….after I,” she began leaning into the tree unable to finish her sentence. “So it’s true,” tsetsuke said quietly. Looking down at the earth ryoko nodded her head imperceptibly. Moving around in front of her he asked the question that both of them dreaded. “What happened on Genesarai?” he asked. Meanwhile down by the lake Tenchi and ayeka sat on the dock. Tenchi stared distractedly at the water as ayeka sat quietly by his side. “It’s a beautiful day is it not lord tenchi,” she said delicately trying desperately to bring his mind back to the present. “hmmm….It sure is ayeka,” tenchi said raising his hand to scratch behind his head. Biting her lip preparing to say something else she turned towards tenchi to find him gone. “ I’m sorry miss ayeka but I must get back to my chores,” tenchi said reaching his hand down to ayeka to help her up. Ayeka reached up and took his hand, soon they were both approaching the house. Then tenchi was off to the fields, and ayeka was off to the kitchen to start on the chores of the day. Looking down upon all the inhabitants a small ship watched the members of the masaki house go about their business. The dark figure selected the screen with ryoko and tsetsuke and brought it closer. “ Tsetsuke Natamaru your time will come you can run but you can’t hide,” the figure said throwing back their head the stars glinted off of steel colored eyes as they laughed evilly.