Tokimeki Memorial Fan Fiction ❯ Toki Days ❯ Intimate Encounter; Flashbacks ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Toki Days
 
A Tokimeki Memorial - Happy Days Crossover / Slightly AU, Romance, Comedy, Drama, Parody
 
by Sailor Enlil
 
Tokimeki Memorial: Forever With You story with a flavor of Happy Days
 
 
Synopsis: Shiori Fujisaki starts her 2nd year in Kirameki Highschool with vague memories of her childhood. On the first day of school when she arrives at the gate, Rei Ijuuin, the Principal's grandson, makes his usual grand entrance via a limousine and cheering girls, a routine he's gone through since junior high. However, a new male transfer student in a black leather jacket arrives as a passenger on a motorcycle, and when he removes his helmet, he's dashingly handsome with a greased hairdo and carries himself like a debonair gentleman, effectively drawing the girls away from Rei. Meanwhile, as Shiori looks at him, she gets a nagging feeling in her heart that there's something strangely familiar about him.
 
 
Tokimeki Memorial is property of Konami; Happy Days is the creation of Garry Marshall and property of the American Broadcasting Company
 
 
Chapter prologue
 
(Morning, Sunday, April 6, 1997, near the Kid's Park)
 
Fonzu is jogging on a beautiful Sunday morning. He's always stayed fit throughout his teenage years. Incidentally he passed by the kids' park when someone called to him.
 
"Um, excuse me!" called a girl's voice.
 
Fonzu looked around, and at the park's entrance he noticed a girl with short green hair in gym clothing. Looking around some more, there was no one else in the area.
 
"Yes you, Fonzu-kun!" said the girl, perhaps in response to his action.
 
"Oh, good morning! You must also be in Kirameki High I assume?" asked Fonzu.
 
"Yes! I'm Nozomi Kiyokawa." said the girl.
 
"Nice to meet you Kiyokawa-sa-"
 
"Um, just call me Nozomi!"
 
"Okay, Nozomi-san"
 
"You sure are working out early."
 
"Oh, just staying fit like I always have."
 
"Wow!"
 
"You're pretty early yourself."
 
"Uh, yeah. I'm always training."
 
"Really?"
 
"Yes! I'm in the Swimming team so I gotta keep in shape! I do so by running 50 kilometers every morning."
 
"Woah! That far eh? Good for you. Well I gotta move! I have to get going with my routine now."
 
"Okay. Maybe we can see each other at school?"
 
"Sure!"
 
"Ja!"
 
"Ja!" said Fonzu, continuing with his morning jog.
 
"Waaa! He's just as cool as everybody says!" thought Nozomi as she gazed on Fonzu's retreating form.
 
 
 
Opening Theme
 
Nichi, Tsuki, Toki Days
Ka, Sui, Toki Days
Moku, Kana, Toki Days
Tsuchi, what a day
Groovin' all week with you
 
These days are all,
Tokimeki (Those Toki Days)
These days are all
Share them with me (Itoshii)
 
Sayonara grey sky, hello aoi.
When I hold you it's so sugoi.
Feels so right, it can't be wrong.
Rockin' and rollin' all week long.
 
These days are all,
Share them with me (Those Toki Days)
These days are all
Tokimeki (Itoshii)
These Toki Days are yours and mine (These Toki Days are yours and mine), Toki Days
 
Opening Theme Ends
 
 
 
Chapter 3: Intimate Encounter; Flashbacks
 
"You met Nozomi Kiyokawa this morning!?" said Yoshio in surprise.
 
"Yeah! Just a chance meeting. I mean I was working out as usual taking my morning jog." replied Fonzu. They were at their hangout, Aoi's Drive-In, with Yuko, Yumi, Potsu, and Shiori having an after-breakfast snack to start the day. "Anyway what's the big deal about her?"
 
"Boy you haven't been up to speed with who's who around at Kirameki High." commented Yuko. "She's the best female swimmer of the school!"
 
"Really?" asked Fonzu.
 
"Yep. In fact she's so good she actually competes in the men's events!" said Yumi.
 
"Woa! She must swim like a torpedo!" remarked Fonzu.
 
"You could say that." said Potsu.
 
"Say Fonzu-kun?" said Shiori.
 
"Yes Shiori-san?"
 
"Aren't you joining any clubs yet?"
 
"I'm still thinking about it. Back in junior high I didn't join any clubs either."
 
"Huh?" everyone gasped.
 
"Well, I just didn't want to be tied down. Actually I practiced with the clubs' activities on a volunteer basis, like a guest member. I'm kinda used to that."
 
"I see." replied Shiori.
 
"Well I have to take off soon." said Yoshi.
 
"Oh? Where are you going Saotome-san?" asked Fonzu.
 
"Remember Kisaragi-san? After I returned her handkerchief, she asked me to go with her to the library today!"
 
"No! Really?" asked Potsu.
 
"Yep! So I gotta go otherwise I'll be late!"
 
"Okay! Take care!" said Yuko.
 
"Better not be a jerk onii-chan!" piped Yumi.
 
"Hey!" barked Yoshio.
 
"Enjoy yourself!" said Shiori.
 
"Sure! Bye!" said Yoshio as he left.
 
"I think he and Mio are gonna have a good time." said Fonzu.
 
"You think so?" asked Yuko.
 
"I know so."
 
"He sure got lucky, but then again you had some hand in it to Fonzu-sempai." said Yumi.
 
"Heyyy! I was only helpin' him out when he was in trouble. Kisaragi-san just happened to be there and much of the luck, and work, was on Saotome-san." said Fonzu.
 
"So what shall we do today?" asked Potsu, as they finished their refreshments.
 
"I have to admit I haven't seen Japan much since I arrived here. What's a good place to go to for someone who hasn't been here before?" asked Fonzu.
 
"How about the amuzement park?" suggested Potsu.
 
"Hey! He's familiar with that. It has to be something unique to Japan!" said Yuko.
 
"How about Kirameki Central Park?" suggested Shiori.
 
"Hmm, yeah, that's not a bad idea." said Yumi.
 
"What would I see there?" asked Fonzu out of curiosity.
 
"It's beautiful there," said Shiori wistfully. "The Cherry Blossom Trees, the harbor, the grass..."
 
"Well, sounds good to me. Why not?" said Fonzu.
 
"Well then let's go!" said Yuko.
 
(Later in the morning, Kirameki Park)
 
"Haaaahhhh! It's beautiful here as always!" said Shiori, twirling around and enjoying the atmosphere.
 
"Yeah it sure is!" said Fonzu, looking around the place, but not without occasionally glancing at Shiori, without her noticing.
 
"What shall we do here?" asked Potsu.
 
"I wanna ride a boat!" said Yumi.
 
"Hmm, that's not a bad idea." said Yuko.
 
"Fonzu-san, Shiori-chan, you guys coming?" asked Potsu.
 
"Hmm, I think I'd rather stay here and enjoy the breeze." said Shiori.
 
"You don't mind being by yourself?" asked Yuko.
 
"I think I'll keep her company" said Fonzu.
 
"Huh?" gulped Shiori, taken aback.
 
"Ohhh you want to spend some time alone together eh?" teased Potsu.
 
"Heyyy! I'm just being polite here. It's not right for a lady to be all alone and unguarded now!" said Fonzu as Shiori began to blush.
 
"Well, have fun you two!" said Yuko.
 
"Yeah! Enjoy yourselves." said Yumi, as she, Yuko, and Potsu left for the harbor leaving Fonzu alone with Shiori.
 
"This place must be really special to you isn't it, Shiori-san?" Fonzu asked Shiori.
 
"Um, yeah. I have lots of memories about this place." answered Shiori almost bashfully. She took a few steps onto the grass and then sat down, while Fonzu followed and sat in front of her facing her. "I used to come by here with my parents every spring just to have fun together."
 
"You must be really close to them."
 
"Yeah, but my father passed away when I was 9."
 
"Oh, I'm sorry to hear."
 
"That's okay. It was a long time ago, but I do miss him."
 
"But you still come here even with that painful memory?"
 
"Yes. It's quite relaxing here, so I don't mind coming here alone. Although-" Shiori paused.
 
"Hmm? What is it?" asked Fonzu curiously.
 
"Ahahaha. I-it's nothing!" Shiori answered.
 
"Um, okay. You know? I bet your father would have been proud of you given how well you're doing in school."
 
"I guess. My mother had me pushing hard ever since he passed away, since she wants me to have a good future."
 
"I'm sure she wants what's best for you."
 
"Yeah." said Shiori, who's face turned a bit neutral.
 
"Um, I hope you don't mind my asking, is something bothering you?" asked Fonzu with concern.
 
"Huh?" said Shiori looking surprised.
 
"You looked kinda out of it."
 
"Oh, it's nothing. Really."
 
"Okay, if you say so."
 
"Um, actually, well-" Shiori began.
 
"It's okay. If you don't want to talk about it I understand."
 
"It's just that, I just felt something was missing in my life. I just don't know what."
 
"I see. I kinda feel the same. You know searching for something important but you have no idea what you're looking for?"
 
"Yeah." Shiori answered, now looking intently at Fonzu. "What's happening to me? Why am I drawn towards him? It's not like he's special to me..." thought Shiori. Then something appeared in her mind, like a person's shadow who's hand was reaching out to her. "Uh!" she gasped.
 
"Woa! You okay there?" asked Fonzu, now looking worried.
 
"Um! Yeah I'm okay." said Shiori, facing down a little and feeling embarrassed.
 
"You need anything? A drink or something?"
 
"No no! I'm okay! Really!" replied Shiori waving her hands in front of her.
 
"Well if say so." said Fonzu. "I wonder if she's starting to remember..." he thought.
 
"Hey guys!" called out Potsu.
 
"Oh! You guys back already?" asked Fonzu, turning around to see Potsu, Yumi, and Yuko walking towards them.
 
"Yeah! The boat was fun! You should have joined us!" said Yumi.
 
"Maybe next time Ichigo-chan!" said Fonzu.
 
"Ig! Why are you calling me that?" asked Yumi feeling irritated?
 
"Well, I just feel it suits you well, considering what's on your shirt." said Fonzu, indicating the stawberry on Yumi's shirt. "Besides I think you're pretty sweet." he said, flashing his trademark smile.
 
"Uh, well, okay." said Yumi, surprised at how flattered she feels about his comment that would normally make her pissed.
 
"Woa! Are we seeing a new Yumi-chan here?" teased Potsu. "Maybe she doesn't mind being cute from now on?"
 
"Mou! Shut up Potsu-sempai!" shouted Yumi, tackling him to the ground. "Only Fonzu-sempai can do that from now on!"
 
"Okay! Okay! Okay! Lemme go!!!" squeaked Potsu.
 
"(Sigh) She still has her quirks." commented Yuko.
 
"It's like she doesn't want to grow up." said Shiori.
 
"Nah, I think she's fine the way she is. Quite fun to watch to actually" joked Fonzu, as Potsu struggled to get out of Yumi's submission hold.
 
"Alright break it up you two!" said Shiori.
 
"(Whew!) Remind me to bring an oxygen tank." wheezed Potsu.
 
"Hmph!" grunted Yumi.
 
"I think we've had enough excitement for today. How about grabbing some lunch?" asked Fonzu.
 
"Good idea!" said Potsu.
 
"Yeah come to think of it I'm starved." said Yuko.
 
"Yeah me too!" said Yumi.
 
"Um, I'll pass. I need to go home." said Shiori.
 
"Huh? I thought you were free for today!" said Yuko.
 
"Actually I just remembered something."
 
"Guess it must be important. How about I walk you home?" asked Fonzu.
 
"Oh! Uh, that's okay! I can manage on my own!" said Shiori suddenly.
 
"If you say so then." said Yuko.
 
"Sorry guys! I'll see you all at school!" said Shiori.
 
"Okay, see ya!" said Yuko.
 
"Take care!" said Potsu.
 
"Bye!" said Yumi.
 
"See you around, Shiori-san" said Fonzu.
 
"You too. Bye!" said Shiori, then headed towards the park's exit.
 
"So, what happened between you two?" asked Yuko.
 
"Nothing much, we just talked" said Fonzu.
 
"About what? Hmm?" asked Potsu.
 
"Oh, she had a lot of memories about this place alright. I feel sorry for her though, since she lost her father." said Fonzu.
 
"Oh. Yeah." said Yumi. "Poor thing."
 
"She seemed to take it well though" said Fonzu.
 
"Well shall we have some lunch?" said Potsu.
 
"Yeah! Let's chow!" said Yuko.
 
 
 
Ending theme
 
Sayonara grey sky, hello aoi.
When I hold you it's so sugoi.
Feels so right, it can't be wrong.
Rockin' and rollin' all week long.
 
These days are all,
Share them with me (Those Toki Days)
These days are all
Tokimeki (Itoshii)
These Toki Days are yours and mine (These Toki Days are yours and mine), Toki Days
 
Ending Theme Ends
 
 
Chapter Epiloge
 
Shiori walked home in deep thought.
 
"What was happening back there? There's something strange, almost, familiar about him. But I've only met him a week ago. Yet still..." she stopped, staring blankly ahead of her, not even noticing the breeze blowing around her.
"What is this?" she thought to herself, as that image of a person's shadow appeared in her mind again. Only this time, it called to her.
 
"Shiori-chan..."
 
"Nani!?" she gasped, wide eyed.
 
 
-TBC
 
A/N: Notice anything? Fonzu and Shiori's moment alone together is inspired by Shiori's Spring Event in the game (i.e. when you take her on a date to Kirameki Park in the Spring). I will put more events based on those Special Events with the Tokimemo girls in future chapters (and not necessarily with Fonzu). And Shiori is starting to have a few of those visions that will trouble her. Stay tuned!