Tokyo Mew Mew Fan Fiction ❯ 5 Days to Fall in Love ❯ Wednesday: Part I ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

R_S: Here's the last chapter I have prewritten. I'm sorry to say that I have yet to write the rest.
 
EarthyGreen: Thanx, I'm glad you like it so much!
 
Mew Lizzy: OKAY!!! (Don't have a seizure on me, jeez.)
 
Starfire and Sakura: Wow, that was… just, wow! I feel bad about how long I had to wait before posting, but at least she'll be okay now… right?
 
aku-san: I'm not sure how I did either! ^_^' I just hope you're dumbstruck in a good way.
 
Unchainedvixenbabe: Wow, I'm so honored! I'm really glad you like this fic so much; I worked really hard on it. To be perfectly honest, I've never read the manga. This is a product of the 4Kids dubbed anime. ^_^'
 
Tiqua: I'm SO sorry, but my updates have been cut down to once every 2 weeks-1 a month. SORRY!!! -Blush- no, I haven't been kissed. I don't date all that much and I choose wait rather than just give lip to some I'm guy not or only remotely attracted to. We should start a club, the `Nevuh Been Kissed's!! -Crickets Chirp-… or not. I'll write a soon as I have time. (Finals, yech!!) Thanx!
 
Tlad: Thanx, I thought it would be a good idea to keep the story lighthearted-ish.
 
Hoshiko Megami: Thanks!
 
Tensui: Thanx, I'm glad MxI is acceptable in this story!
 
Amme Moto: Oh dear, -hands AM icepack- be careful sweetie. And of course I dedicated that chapter to you? You earned it! ^^
 
Kelso: Wow, thank you so much! N' I'm glad you're not a liar. ;)
 
MoonLightObsession: What, just 4?!?! … Just kidding! ^^ Thanks a lot!
 
Mew Lemon: Thanks for the great review! I'm glad you like it so much.
 
redmage17: Wow, that may have been my best review yet! Thanks a lot!
 
Mew Mew Elarai: Thank you. It's nice to finally find someone who doesn't exaggerate about how well someone writes.
 
Miharu Nakashima: Yay! Thankies!
 
 
5 Days to Fall in Love
Chapter 5
 
Wednesday-
 
It was ice cold outside, as she dodged between trees. Her teammates did the same. A huge shadow loomed over the Earth, cackling maniacally. Three figures about her size stood by it. A city appeared within their view.
 
Team Mew Mew dodged into deserted Tokyo, running through side lots and alleys. They came to a dead end. Spinning around, the three figures from before stepped into their path. It was the three aliens: Kish, Taruto, and Pai. They smirked evilly as two Chimera Animas came behind them. The five attacked.
 
Retassu and Minto each had their hands full, an unusually powerful Chimera Anima for each. Poor Minto… she had to fight Mickey again. Retassu had ended up fighting Francis. Keiichiro and Ryou were already dead. Zakuro didn't know how she knew, she just did.
 
Kish was torturing Ichigo, kissing or groping her before throwing her into a wall or hitting her with all the strength he possessed. Purin was crying, fleeing Tarurto's anger. He was throwing deranged playthings and toys at her while she did her best to dodge them.
 
Pai stepped forward, drawing her into his arms. Leaning down to her ear, he whispered, “Pretend to fight me.” And kissed her cheek. She complied, and they fought their way into a different ally, out of view from the others. He stopped attacking her, in order to run over and passionately kiss her full, rosy lips. After a minute, he wanted to keep going, however she stepped back.
 
“What about my friends? I need to go help them.” Pai nodded.
 
“I understand. Let's get up to the roof.”
 
“Why?”
 
“This way we can jump down and pretend to fight. After a couple of minutes I'll feign unconsciousness and you can help your friends.” He went to jump, but stopped when she called out to him.
 
“Pai,” the alien turned to her, “Why are you bothering to pretend when you're not really going to fight? Once we defeat Deep Blue, you'll be a hero.”
 
“Zakuro,” he took her face in his hands and kissed it, “it's complicated. I don't want to leave my team to suffer once Deep Blue's gone, I need to stay by them.”
 
“I know what you mean, I could never do that to the girls either.” He smiled and kissed her again, before they made their way up to the roof, and went through with his plan.
 
She was just about to deliver the `finishing blow' when, suddenly, everyone was forced to look over at Deep Blues towering shadow. Not even the aliens were able to refrain from gazing at him. He put his hand out and three gigantic waves of blue energy flew outward in a circle.
 
Everything next happened so fast… the buildings around them collapsed and everything was so loud and hectic for about a minute. Then, everything just stopped. Coughing, she'd pushed her way out from under the debris within minutes. Noticing the lack of movement, she set to work on locating her friends. It didn't take long, but once she found them… she wished she hadn't.
 
They were dead. All four girls lay motionless, crushed by the falling city. Two aliens were strewn around them. She could've sworn they were all in pieces, but she didn't stare long enough to confirm it. She ran a few feet away, and hurled. Falling to her knees, she sat there heaving for minutes on end. Tears threatened to pour from her amethyst orbs, but somehow she couldn't cry. She was just too shaken to do so.
 
Ichigo… Minto… Kish… Retassu… god, Purin was far too young to die. Even Taruto shouldn't have had that happen, he was just a child.
 
A while later she stood up on shaky legs. She walked warily; afraid her knees would buckle beneath her. She had to find Pai. She knew he'd be dead, but she just needed to search for him anyway.
 
“Zakuro…” her head snapped up at his voice, following the sound to a light pile of rafters and bricks. Pushing it aside, she found her love.
 
“Pai… PAI!” she was so happy to see him alive, but rapidly saddened. He was dieing quickly, and there was nothing she could do for him. His eyes began to flutter closed, “No Pai, don't go…” tears finally began to rush down her pale cheeks “Pai, you can't… I care too much about you…” her sad cries were futile. She leaned down and kissed him for one last time as he died.
 
Her head snapped up as she listened to the sardonic chuckling that echoed through the destruction. Deep Blue was laughing, not just at her, but also at the death of his follower.
 
“Pathetic fools,” he bellowed, “they deserved to die, and you're next. I suggest you close those pretty little eyes now…” before she could respond, a sharp sword flew out from no where, impaling her and pinning her against the wall. Blood spilled from the very bottom of her chest and she looked up, holding her wound, as he spoke.
 
“It's really a shame to kill a group of such beautiful females… but, oh well. Sacrifices must be made.”
 
“No… no… no…” she shut her eyes tilted her head back and prepared to scream.
 
“NO!” Zakuro shot up in bed, breathing heavily. She slapped a hand to her forehead and closed her eyes. “Oh god…” she got out of bed shakily and ambled over to her bathroom. After throwing some cold water on her face, she returned to her bedroom.
 
“It always has to come back…” she mumbled aloud, before glancing at the clock. It was 1:38. Sighing she fell back onto the bed. She wouldn't be sleeping for a while. A sudden thought hit her: the dream hadn't felt quite as real, not been nearly as terrifying as usual. Deciding she was probably just getting too mature for nightmares, she daydreamed for a few hours before falling into a restless sleep.
 
Meanwhile
 
(An: I'm going to make them extremely OOC in order to create the setting of not only a team but close friends, nearly brothers, as well.)
 
Pai entered the kitchen to see Taruto and Kish up to their usual activities. The only differences were that he was usually up before them and this time they'd stopped to stare at him as he entered.
 
Kish had his nose bandaged up, obviously broken. The work was done extremely crudely. Pai was usually the one to know about dressing wounds, not Taruto, who had only seen it done. The one of the first things he'd have to do after asking Kish for forgiveness is fix Tart's mess.
 
He chose not to say anything as he fetched his breakfast, before taking his seat at the table. Taruto wanted to say something; it was painfully obvious to the older male, however he was holding off. The kitchen was silent, except for the sounds of eating. Finally, the lavender alien decided it was time for something to happen.
 
“Taruto, please leave.” His words left little to no room for argument, however the youngest boy ignored them.
 
“No.”
 
“Tart-” he started, but was cut off.
 
“Taruto.” Inwardly, he winced. That was cold.
 
Taruto, I need to speak with Kish.” The redhead opened his mouth again, but never got to say anything. “Alone.”
 
“But-”
 
“Taruto get out. Now.” Although shocked by Kish's harsh words, he complied and left the kitchen. There were a few moments of silence, after which Kish spoke. “Well? What do you want?” there was silence. Kish opened his mouth once more.
 
“I apologize.”
 
“If you- wha?” the green alien was flabbergasted, Pai not being the type to admit defeat first… or at all.
 
“My actions were brash and uncalled for, you only had my best interests in mind. I shouldn't have lost my composure and punched you like that.”
 
The older one hadn't met his gaze the entire time, but Kish didn't bother him about it. He knew doing this was a major blow to his ego and having to look him in the eye would only make things worse. Behind the slightly open door, Taruto watched wide-eyed with an open mouth.
 
“… I'm sorry too.” Kish sighed. Pai's eyes grew slightly larger in shock and the other male explained. “I shouldn't have started ragging on you about her, especially since I'm doing the same thing. Besides, you're a big boy, you can make your own decisions.” The two boys' gazes met and they silently accepted each other's apologies. “And,” Kish drawled sheepishly, “I don't blame you for hitting me after I called her a slut. I probably would've done the same over Ichigo.”
 
“I thought as much. You can come out now, Taruto.” The eldest one called, turning toward the door. The young boy came barreling out and corrected him.
 
“Tart.” The three's mouths quirked a bit, before they all returned to breakfast.
 
“… Pai?”
 
“Yes Tart, what is it?”
 
“Who was the `her' Kish was talking about?” the two older boys looked at him, before turning away. After being rewarded with silence, the youngest continued. “And he said something about doing the same thing, what did he mean?”
 
“Mew Zakuro.” Pai mumbled, afraid of reopening a can of worms.
 
“WHAT?!” Taruto fell off his chair in shock. He had to be joking! Pai wasn't the type to fall for the enemy… but, then again, he wasn't the type to joke either.
 
“It's true, Tart.” Kish continued. The young boy had many questions, but sensed that then wasn't the time to ask them. The three sat in a comfortable silence, before Kish finally decided to break it. With a wry grin, he turned to his comrade.
 
“So Pai,” he smirked, “You came home pretty late last night. And, you slept in.”
 
“So?” he narrowed his eyes warily.
 
“Well, did ya get laid?” Taruto, who had been drinking at the time of the question, spewed juice all over the table as Pai nearly choked on his food.
 
What?!” the exclamation was incredulous.
 
“Well, you obviously didn't get much sleep. What else could have happened?”
 
“I just didn't get back until a little after midnight, true, but we didn't do anything like that!”
 
“Pai,” the youngest interrupted confusedly, “why are your lips all bruised and kinda puffy?” the questioned party's eyes widened as the green alien burst out laughing.
 
“`Didn't do anything', huh?” he choked out between guffaws.
 
“Grr… so we kissed, so what?” Kish's laughter only increased tenfold.
 
“You made out with a mew!” he was writhing on the floor now; even Tart was chuckling a bit.
 
“So she wouldn't let you get any further?” he added. Pai nearly blushed.
 
“Ok, tell us the truth.” Kish ordered, done nearly wetting himself, “What happened last night?”
 
“We talked, that's it.”
 
“Did you make out before or after you talked?”
 
“… Before, but it was an accident.”
 
“`An accident'?” even Taruto didn't believe him. So, Pai reluctantly went on to explain what happened, keeping it as clean as possible. Tart left the room right after he started, too grossed out to stay. Apparently, he `needed to vomit'. Once the story ended, Kish's eyes were the size of saucers.
 
“Wow…” he shook himself back into reality. “So you're really a gentleman under the whole emotionless façade.” His counterpart glared. “Ok, so if you guys hadn't stopped making out then, do you think you would have…” he let the question hang.
 
“…” Pai's silence was all the answer he needed. Grinning, he continued.
 
“So were you getting, you know, hard?”
 
“…” Once again, silence. This time, he couldn't hold in laughter.
 
“Oh, this is priceless!” For the second time today, Kish was rolling on the floor.
 
“Shut up, it's not like you haven't done the same!” the other male dragged himself up from the floor. “What time is it?”
 
“Uh… 10:00, why?”
 
“We should go down to Earth and see if we can get any leads on Mew Aqua.”
 
“Sure… and while we're there we can take a look at some billboards and magazine covers. Who knows, maybe she's not lying.”
 
“Alright, but first let's re-bandage your nose.” An hour later, the aliens were on Earth and walking through the busy city of Tokyo. Of course, they were wearing hats to conceal their ears.
 
“Let's ask one of these weirdos where we can find some billboards.” Exclaimed Taruto, who'd been basically filled in, before rushing over to some stranger.
 
“A billboard?” the old lady smiled kindly at the slightly rude boys, “just around that next corner you can see a few in the distance.” They muttered some quick thanks and rushed off in that direction, suddenly eager. They weren't disappointed.
 
“Look over there!” Kish pointed out. They weren't close enough to see what was on them, but there were definitely a huge amount of billboards. “C'mon, we can teleport near there and take a look.” They reappeared on a rooftop.
 
“Holy crap! She's the real deal!” in front of them, on the field of billboards, were pictures of many things. About three fifths of the photographs were of Zakuro Fujiwara.
 
“Do you think we should look at some magazines?” Taruto asked.
 
“We don't need to, definitely wasn't lying…” Pai began.
 
“But we will anyway.” Kish grinned back at the two. They teleported into a side alley and walked back into the street before asking another pedestrian where they could find a magazine stand.
 
“A magazine stand?” the little boy asked. “I tink dewe's one down da bwock.” They thanked the young child and made their way over. Indeed, there was a stand selling many magazines. Walking over, Kish picked one up. The other two followed in suit.
 
“Look, `Exclusive interview with Zakuro Fujiwara inside'.” he read.
 
“`Fashion tips from world class supermodel Zakuro Fujiwara'.”
 
“`Zakuro Fujiwara: why isn't she everywhere anymore? Our speculations inside'. She isn't everywhere?” Pai asked.
 
“Oh no… uh, Pai, you'd better take a look at this!” the other two boys crowded around Taruto. On the cover of a tabloid was a picture of Zakuro with Pai's profile. You couldn't see his ears, but there was enough visible to know it was he walking her home. Inside, there was a picture of her kissing him goodnight.
 
“`Zakuro Fujiwara's mystery man'!?!?! What is this?”
 
“A tabloid, dude.” Some teenager answered Kish, “But I wouldn't listen to anything they say in there, it's all fake.”
 
“So no one believes these?” Pai asked warily.
 
“Dude, I never said that! Man, like everyone listens to those things! I'm just sayin' I wouldn't if I were you.” the boy skateboarded away. The three boys ran into an alley and teleported back to their ship, magazine salesman yelling at them the entire time for not paying.
 
“Crap… ok, here's the plan.” The three gathered together at Kish's words. “The mews have lunch at the same time. When-”
 
“How do you know?”
 
“I've seen Ichigo eat with them on some days.”
 
“… You are such a stalker.”
 
“Grr… am not! Now, as I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted,” he glared at Tart, “when they go out to lunch we attack the mews and you” he pointed to Pai, “will get Mew Zakuro to fix this.”
 
“How?” He asked, “She doesn't have any control over these, obviously. Look, I'm meeting her again tonight. I'll talk to her then.”
 
“Alright, but we have to do something. People can-”
 
“We know; people can't know we exist yet. I'll take care of it, in the mean time we'll search for leads on Mew Aqua.” They ended the conversation, stressed over the idea of their plans being ruined.
 
Meanwhile
 
Zakuro slammed herself into a seat in the small, outdoor restaurant. Crossing her arms on the table, she put her head down on them.
 
“Onee-san, what's wrong?” Minto asked as the girls crowded around their teammate worriedly.
 
“The tabloids got a picture of-” she stopped herself. They didn't know about her and Pai yet and they couldn't find out.
 
“A picture of what, na no da?” Purin cocked her head.
 
“A picture… that they doctored so it looks like I'm having a fling.”
 
“Well, let us see. I couldn't be that bad.” Ichigo half-ordered while trying to be supportive. Zakuro knew they'd think it was a doctored photo, so it was safe to show them. She threw out the magazine and there was a collective gasp.
 
“Oh my gosh, that's Pai!” Retassu exclaimed worriedly.
 
“Oh, poor onee-san! To be linked to a scumbag like him must be dreadful!”
 
“How did they make the picture on the inside, na no da?” The four uninformed girls looked inside as their friend broke out in a cold sweat.
 
“Zakuro… you're not actually seeing him, are you?” Ichigo asked slowly, afraid of what her answer would be.
 
“Of course not! I wouldn't be seen with him!” Being an actress really paid off. “Look, let's just forget about this and have lunch. I'll buy.” Suddenly, Purin gasped.
 
“Are you injured, na no da?” she asked worriedly.
 
“Just because she offered to buy us lunch doesn't mean she's sick, Purin.” Retassu attempted to explain kindly.
 
“But her neck is bruised, na no da!” They all turned toward their friend, whose hair was pulled back into a braid for school.
 
“What is it?” The four girls moved toward their friend. Unfortunately for her, the cover-up she'd used had worn off and a dark contusion in the shape of a pair of lips was clearly visible.
 
“Onee-san… what, or who, was biting your neck?” Minto asked worriedly, looking into her idol's eyes. Everyone was waiting expectantly for an answer.
 
Zakuro had to think quickly. She couldn't tell them the actual truth; they'd blow a gasket. Instead she'd just have to… bend the truth a bit. A little, itty-bitty white lie never hurt anyone… right? Ugh, that'd never work. She'd just have to get defensive… while bending the truth a little.
 
“My injuries are none of your business.” Her features grew hard and cold. “This was from the other night when I was attacked and I'd prefer not to talk about.”
 
“All right… but it doesn't have anything to do with Pai?” the green girl whispered.
 
“Of course not!” the half-wolf snapped back, “I have nothing to do with those phony stories the media loves to concoct! Now, order before I change my mind.” Each girl quickly flipped her menu open and shut-up. Soon they were sitting, munching on various types of food.
 
“Ah! We have to go, you guys!” Ichigo yelped, grabbing her bag. The other girls followed in suit while Zakuro paid for the meal. Soon, they'd sprinted their way back to school and into their separate rooms. The rest of the day breezed by for the group, soon bringing them back to the café for work. Zakuro had applied more cover-up when she stopped home and had smartly taken it with her, just in case.
 
“Oh no,” Retassu squeaked, pulling her four companions into the kitchen, “it's that guy again!”
 
“What guy, na no da?” Purin cocked her head confusedly.
 
“That creepy one from yesterday.” The group looked alarmed, and appalled.
 
“Should we get Keiichiro to serve him again?” Ichigo suggested.
 
“Don't be so incredibly stupid.” Minto objected, “No, today's even busier than when he first showed up. Keiichiro is far too preoccupied.”
 
“Then what do you suggest we do?” the cat hissed back hotly. Retassu tried to squelch the oncoming argument.
 
“Please, we need to focus on the matter at hand-” her attempts were futile until an older, calmer voice spoke.
 
“Purin should take care of it.” Everyone stopped and turned.
 
“But onee-san, she's just a little kid.”
 
“Exactly,” she explained, “This guy seems to be many things but it's quite obvious that a pedophile isn't one of them. She'll be fine.” The youngest gave a determined nod and bounced out towards the man.
 
“Welcome to Café Mew Mew, I'm Purin n' I'll be your server for the day, na no da! Today's specials are Pudding Tarts and Apple Turnovers. Are you ready to order or do you need more time, na no da?” the blond smiled brightly at the scowling male.
 
“Give me da Cheesecake and Natto Tea.” He ordered rudely.
 
“Ok, your order will be out in minutes!” Purin then flounced away towards the kitchen. “Keiichiro, order up, na no da!”
 
“Good job, Purin!” Ichigo complimented, carrying in some empty plates.
 
“Yeah, you did really well.” Retassu smiled as she passed by the two, arms filled with plates of food. The youngest female quickly grabbed some of the load before disaster struck.
 
“Is it just me, or does something about Retassu seem… off today?” Ichigo cocked her head while talking to Zakuro. The waitress only shrugged, before walking away with a secret smirk.
 
“It is quite odd,” agreed Minto who'd over heard the girl's question, “she hasn't even dropped anything yet. Usually by now we'd have had to send her over to the register and Ryou'd be taking care of damage control.” Then, as an after thought, she added, “She seems so talkative and… peppy.” The redhead nodded to her companion.
 
“Perhaps she's having a good day?” the elder girl offered, once done listening in on their conversation. “Surely you can't expect her to be like that all the time. I'm sure she merely needed a self-image boost.”
 
“I guess, but when did she get one?” Ichigo wondered, finger on her lip.
 
“Last night, obviously, since she's been like this all day. It just increased tenfold since we came to work.” The third waitress answered in her usual rude fashion and as a result another fight began to brew. The third girl used the distraction as an opportunity to steal away and see their aforementioned companion.
 
Meanwhile, the very friend they were discussing walked back from serving a table, arms void of plates.
 
“Hey!” the green haired girl squeaked as she was pulled aside by a pair of hands belonging to an unseen body.
 
“Shh! Retassu, it's me.” A voice whispered harshly, tickling her ear. Her cheeks flushed as she identified her unknown `captor'.
 
“Hi Ryou.” He leaned over her shoulder and kissed her cheek.
 
“We still on for Friday?” an even deeper shade of red crept up her neck.
 
“Yeah, can't wait.”
 
“Cool, pick you up at 8?”
 
“Mhm, see you there.” She gave him one last peck before sneaking back out towards the kitchens. She was half way there when yet another pair of arms reached out to grab her.
 
“Hey!”
 
“Quiet, Retassu. What happened last night?”
 
“I'll tell you later, there's a build up of costumers that need to be waited on.”
 
Zakuro answered with a nod and the two girls slipped towards the kitchen, seemingly unnoticed. But they hadn't gone unnoticed; the blond man with spike hair noticed them leave, eyes trailing up and down their forms lecherously and examining their flouncing skirt lines as they walked in the direction directly opposite from him.
 
“So we meeuht again, guhly…”
 
He grinned, showing off his disgusting teeth. Getting up, he paid for his recently arrived food and exited the café. The rest of the day went by in a blur for the girls. Soon they were out of their work uniforms, everything was closed up, and they were ready to go looking for Mew Aqua.
 
End of Chapter
 
 
R_S: Yet another chapter from yours truly! Leave a nice review, S'il vous plaite! N' I'm sorry to say it make take a while to update.