Twilight Fan Fiction / Twilight Fan Fiction / Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Untitled: A Leah Clearwater Story ❯ Chapter 10 ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 10
 
After Shelly fell asleep in one of the Cullen's guest rooms, the family gathered in the dining room for a serious discussion about what Shelly's rescue really meant. The group was torn between whether or not they should tell Shelly about their immortality.
 
“She will figure it out anyway.” Bella said surprisingly on our side, “If she continues to see Seth she would have eventually come over and put the pieces together.”
 
“What about the Volturi?” Rosalie said, “They will not be pleased and this will put us in danger yet again.”
 
“She would have to be turned at the very least.” Jasper said solemn.
 
“No!” Seth said heartbroken. He knew his fate might be worse than mine to love someone you will never be able to be with. Then again, what if by some twist of evil destiny, Seth imprinted on someone else? All of his love for Shelly would be lost. It would tear her in two to realize she changed her life completely for nothing.
 
“Leah brings up some valid points.” Edward said telling the others of my thoughts, “We should leave her human temporarily until we are sure of some things . . .We should be able to anticipate when the Volturi decide to get involved and we will make that decision when the time comes.”
 
“At least she is safe now.” Esme said relieved.
 
“Yeah safe in a house full of monsters!” Emmett pointed out and laughed at the irony of the situation.
 
I laughed, too. I was still upstairs with Shelly. Even though she was fast asleep, I still felt worried and anxious for her. I could hear the Cullen's fine from where I sat and it seemed my thoughts were being well represented. I felt no need to travel down the stairs. I yawned; apparently, the adventures of the night had taken their toll. I went to Nahuel's room, but he wasn't there. I saw the light on in my room.
 
“Hey,” I said. He was sitting on my bed with his homework surrounding him. Within the blink of an eye, he was standing in front of me.
 
“How is she?”
 
“Fine” I sighed, “She complicates things for the Cullens, for all of us actually. But if she is going to be staying here, I think she has the right to know.”
 
“That's logical.” He said picking me up and placing me on the bed. He cleared his papers and sat beside me. We both sighed in relief.
 
“Hours drag by extremely slow when you are not with me.” He said smiling and putting his arms around me.
 
“You know, I was thinking the same thing.” I smiled and kissed him on the neck.
----------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------------------
We offered Shelly a drink before we hit her with the information. She did not know what was going on, so, being the “goody goody” she is, she refused the drink. However, after Jacob, Seth, and I phase in front of her, she took us up on our offer. After she got the initial shook of her boyfriend and best friend being big wolves, she had to tackle another huge discovery.
 
“VAMPIRES!!” Shelly looked horrified and took another sip of her beer, “and Giant Dogs!” she laughed a nervous laugh.
 
“Shape shifters” I corrected her sitting beside her on the couch.
 
“So let me get this straight, vampires and shape shifters saved me from my crazy uncle?” I nodded, they all nodded.
 
“So, Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny are both real and evil? The world makes perfect sense.”
 
“We shouldn't have told her.” Jasper said extremely annoyed, “Now, we will have to move and . . .”
 
“No, don't leave!” she said. She seemed more terrified of our departure than the fact that we were monsters.
 
“Nobody paid me any attention before you all moved here. Now, I have everything I ever wanted . . . You can't help what you are.” Shelly said coming to that conclusion quickly; “Thank you for saving me. Your secret is safe with me.” She said addressing all of us.
 
“Great another human!” Rosalie huffed.