Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Inverted Providence ❯ Redo ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Inverted Providence
Chapter 3: Redo
 
Last night was horrid. I stayed with Edward for two hours and watched his mood sadden by every passing second.
 
Part of me resents Alice for taking Jasper away from him. The other part applauds her for having the guts to risk everything on a whim.
 
Stalking down the stairs I throw myself onto the couch. Sitting next to me is the one and only Emmett.
 
“What's eating you little sis?”
 
For such a tough, mindless looking brute…he's strangely in tune with feelings.
 
“He was so hurt, Em.”
 
“I guess it's a bad time to tell you that I'm taking Rosalie today and changing her as well.”
 
I feel my jaw drop and awkward enough, my breathing quicken.
 
“What do you mean?”
 
“There's rumor that the Vampire Hunters are on the loose around Washington, especially Forks. I asked Rosalie if she wanted to wait and just travel with us but she thought differently.”
 
I shake my head, “No you can't. That's too much pain for one human to handle on his own!”
 
Em stands up and strides to the door. “Sorry Bell, but I have to do this.”
 
My brother walks out the door and I wait to listen for the start of his car. As the engine dies away in the distant I sigh.
 
This can't be happening. I won't let Em hurt Edward like that. Rosalie is all he has left!
 
I yank my keys into my hand and run out to slide into my own vehicle. I fly down a shortcut and pray that I can get there before Emmett, if only to get Edward away from it all.
 
____~~~~___
 
Even vampires can get frantic and act clumsy. As I step out of the car I trip over my own two feet.
 
So much for graceful vampire...
 
Running up to the door it opens before I can knock. Edward's weary face is the first thing I see.
 
“Bella, what are you doing here?”
 
Aw, crap…I have to say something…But the problem is what to say. I can't sound crazy and end up spilling about Rosalie and Jasper, along with the fact that my family is made of vampires.
 
“Hey, earth to Bella.”
 
“Oh…um…I thought that you should get out of the house and I'm going to make sure of it.”
 
“I know you're only trying to be nice but I don't think so, thanks anyway.”
 
The door goes to close but I stick my foot in its way. “Come on Edward…I…we…we never got to finish our date.”
 
The entrance becomes accessible again. Thank goodness…
 
“You honestly want to go on another date with me?”
 
Of course I do dummy!
 
“Yeah…I guess I do.”
 
“Well what do you have in mind?”
 
Crap again…
 
“Would you mind…taking me…to that place again?”
 
A smile tugs at the corners of his mouth. “I'd be delighted too.”
 
“Okay…Well you can drive then.”
 
Edward's eyes shine as I drop the keys into his hand. Without hesitation he moves to the sparkling red car.
 
As he speeds down the road he glances at me with a grin plastered on his face. “Do you mind the speed?”
 
“No, not at all.”
 
Not like you would know. Vampires are known for their speed.
 
Edward turns it off and gets out. From here I follow him into the clearing from before.
 
The morning rays fall down on us, warming him but bouncing off of me. Emerald orbs land on me.
 
“I like you Bella.”
 
Thank God I'm a vampire! Or else I'd most likely look like a ripe tomato.
 
“I like you a lot more than you probably like me…if that makes sense.”
 
Wow...I feel like I could just melt.
 
Edward takes a hold of my hand but snaps it back after a second. “Y-Your hand is freezing. Are you okay?”
 
Crap…Crap…Crap…
 
My mouth opens to answer when a growl cuts through the air. In an instant, Edward takes off from the direction it came from, and I'm right behind him.
 
“What are you doing? We should be running away from it!”
 
“No, that sounded like something was in pain.” he states without looking back at me.
 
So we continue to run. That is till we come upon an abandoned mansion. Edward bravely keeps striding toward it and yanks the heavy door open. That's when it dawns on me.
 
This is where Alice is keeping Jasper.
 
“No! Wait Edward don't go in there!”
 
“Why not, someone could be in serious trouble.”
 
“Edward, please?” I plead with him.
 
He sighs, “I can't…I need to know,” before dashing into the house.
 
Naturally I follow after him.
 
I have to stop him. I can't let him find out about Jasper. I can't let him know that I helped. But I can't stop him unless I show him I'm a vampire.
 
The door to the room in far back flies open and Edward's eyes widen in horror. I stand behind him and try to usher him away from the sight.
 
Alice stands over Jasper, pushing him down into the bed as he struggles and screams. That's when her eyes meet mine.
 
“Bella, hurry get him out of here! I can't hold him!”
 
“But what about the secret?”
 
“Screw the secret, Jasper could kill him!”
 
Oh no, Edward is not going to get killed. Not on my watch!
 
I pick him up into my arms and run with vampiric speed to my awaiting car. After setting him in the passenger seat I slide into the driver's seat and start it up.
 
The whole ride back to his house, Edward never turned to me. He didn't say a word. All he did was stare out the window.
 
However, as I pull the car into his driveway his broken voice shatters tension.
 
“J-Jasper's alive?”
 
“No…he's undead.”
 
“W-What do you mean u-undead?”
 
“Alice turned Jasper into a vampire.”
 
I let the words tumble out of my mouth. I just can't believe that they came out.
 
“So…that means you and your brother are vampires too…”
 
Great…just what I wanted to happen. If only I could redo this day over. Everything would go differently. How could I let myself hurt him like this? That's the last thing I ever wanted to do…