Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Inverted Providence ❯ Oh Shit ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Inverted Providence
Chapter 4: Oh Shit
 
Edward smiles at me, “You know…vampires are cool. But I still like you. You're not getting off the hook that easily.”
 
“W-What….what do you mean?”
 
He leans over and molds his lips against mine. At first I seem to melt into it. At least that is till my mind kicks back into gear.
 
I lightly push him away and climb out of the car. Edward follows suit, “Bella what's wrong? Don't you like me?”
 
“I…yes…But I don't want to hurt you.”
 
A smirk curls onto those lips of his, “I won't let you hurt me.”
 
The angel on my left shoulder says that I should walk away and never see him again, to protect him. However, the devil on my right shoulders demands that I let him closer. Now which should I choose….?
 
His hand latches onto mine before I allow him to pull me into his arms. I tilt my head up to stare into his emerald orbs.
 
How beautiful they are…
 
Before I know it our lips connect again. As he pulls away for air I rest my head on his shoulder.
 
Not ever in a million years would I feel this way for a human boy.
 
“Hey now I'm not just a normal human!”
 
My eyes widen and I back away from him. “W-How did you know what I was t-thinking?”
 
A light pink creeps onto his cheeks, “Well…I can read minds…usually it's hazy and I don't get the right information. But I can see yours perfectly when I touch you.”
 
Oh God…I didn't just screw myself over…I screwed myself over royally.
 
A weak chuckle floats around me. “I'm not going to tell anyone Bella. But could you do me one thing?”
 
I grin shyly at him, “Sure, what is it?”
 
“Don't leave me.”
 
I stare at him, not sure how to respond. It's a good thing my brain is still working.
 
“I wouldn't have it any other way.”
 
Edward grabs my hand and pulls me into his arms once more. Our peaceful moment isn't long lived though. It never seems to be.
 
“Edward get away from her!”
 
I'm shoved to the ground with a heavy body on top of my own.
 
Good thing I'm not just a vampire.
 
I kick this thing off of me and hurry to my feet. Finally taking in my attacker I notice the gun in his hand.
 
“W-What does that do?”
 
The man glares at me with onyx eyes, a hint of red bleeding into them. His onion skin only complements his equally white shoulder length hair.
 
“It has the ability to stun any mythological creature known to existence, thus giving us hunters the chance to kill it.”
 
This hunter doesn't even wait. He pulls the trigger with deadly speed…and deadly accuracy.
 
“Caius stop it!” yells Edward as he grabs a hold of the predator's arms.
 
The bullet rips the fabric of my shirt at the waist just as I dodge to the side. I turn my gaze back to the cruel man.
 
“Bella get out of here now!”
 
“No I'm not leaving you here with him.”
 
“Damn it get in the car and leave!”
 
Not wanting to do anything out of line I get in my car. With the flick of my wrist I'm down the road and a minute away from my house.
 
That Caius guy is so dead when I get my hands on him. Em said there were hunters…but not ruthless ones that kill everything with a mystical scent!
 
I slam the car door and hurry inside. Instantly I hurry upstairs and grab emergency bags that each of us stowed away due to the constant threat of cold-blooded hunters.
 
Without hesitation I slide back into the vehicle and drop it off as far from the abandoned mansion as possible. With ease I let my vampire aura float around to as many spots as possible before heading off. That way when the tracker comes, he'll have to take every route till he finds me.
 
Em meets me at the door. “What's wrong Bell?”
 
“A man named Caius was at Edward's…he's a hunter. His friends should be close by.”
 
My brother sighs before disappearing upstairs to inform Alice. Heaving a sigh I throw myself down onto a chair.
 
Now that I told him how I feel…I can't see him. How expected is that? But Caius knew Edward there's no mistaking it. I just hope…he's not one too.
 
“Oh Bell I'm so sorry!” Alice throws her arms around me. “That's awful, but don't worry we'll be out of here in no time and we'll snag him up.”
 
I let a smile replace my frown. “Did Rosalie already come here?”
 
“Uhuh and the surprising thing is; they're both handling the change easier than normal. So I suspect we'll be leaving within the week, a month at most.”
 
We just got here though…how can we be leaving already. This just isn't fair…I think I love him. After centuries alone with just family…one longs for companionship and now that I've found it…