Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Inverted Providence ❯ Beyond Boundaries ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hmm…yummy, yummy blood…inspired by the few episodes of the anime Vampire Knight I watched.
_______________
Inverted Providence
Chapter 6: Beyond Boundaries
_______________
 
Edward and I trek up to the meeting point on the mountain. But as we get there all we find is an empty tent with a blood spattered ground. With the later of the season of fall merging into winter the temperature plummets as we glimpse the last of the sunlight.
 
“Bella, where are they?”
 
“They must've kept going. In that case we go to the next one.”
 
“Where's that?”
 
Crap…I really should've pain more attention. I can't even remember where it is now. Ugh, and I'm so hungry I could eat a whole deer.
 
“That's slightly gross.”
 
Embarrassed I turn away from him, “Well if you wouldn't have been eavesdropping in on my thoughts you wouldn't have known.”
 
“It's not like I can turn it off.”
 
“No button?” Edward merely shakes his tresses and plants himself on the cold ground. “What are you doing?”
 
“Thinking…Especially since you don't know where to go and you're famished. On the other hand, I'm fine and I do know where we can go.”
 
I raise an eyebrow at this, “And where might that be?”
 
“Back down the mountain.” at that said I groan out loud. “What?”
 
“I'll go mad before we get down there…” Sheepishly I swivel back toward him, “Unless I carry you.”
 
His cheeks instantly flame up, “Um…fine…go ahead I guess.”
 
I hesitantly pick him up; one hand under his knees and the other on his back. After securing my hold I take off down the trail. As I step into the forest I stop and put him down.
 
“Okay…where is it?”
 
Instead of pointing it out, Edward takes my icy hand in his equally warm one and pulls me with him. Surprisingly enough he doesn't let go for one second. Coming up on a small, dilapidated, one story cottage his pace quickens more into a trot.
 
Inside he leads me to the dusty couch where we sit in silence. The crickets play their song as the other insects and animals join in. That is, while my thirst burns steadily at the back of my throat.
 
Edward waves a hand in front of my face. “Hey, you don't look so good.”
 
“It's nothing. I'll go out and hunt in a few hours.”
 
How stupid of me. I should've gone earlier. It's been days since the last time. No…I have strength to not rip his throat out.
 
“Yeah…here…”
 
He thrusts his wrist under my lips so I'm basically kissing his skin. The vein pulses beneath me…tempting me…begging me.
 
“N-No…I can't it'll turn you.”
 
Edward smiles sincerely at me, “I don't care Bella. Who are you any help if you can barely move without jumping on the next thing with blood in its body?”
 
I turn my eyes up toward the ceiling.
 
“Plus…I…I love you.”
 
“You c-can't mean that. We just met!”
 
He's nuts. I mean not that I don't feel the same. But is there such a thing as love at first sight? Or is there actually true love? Is it even possible?
 
“Yes, now please Bella, I'm not going to beg any more than that.”
 
I shake my head, “No I refuse. It goes against what I believe in.”
 
“You mean living as an undead? Fine, do what you want.”
 
“Really?”
 
“Yes now drop it okay?”
 
I nod and turn back to staring at the ceiling as he pulls his arm away. An uncomfortable silence settles between us. Neither of us wants to start a conversation. It'll just go south anyway.
 
Fast, but not the speed of a vampire, Edward pulls me toward him and pushes his lips against mine. The shock instantly melts away as I fold into him.
 
The nagging voice of the vampire inside me erupts full throttle. It urges me to just take a few drinks of him. It shouldn't hurt.
 
Yeah right…
 
Edward cups my chin in his hand. “Bella I'm telling you this right now. I love you and if you don't turn me right this instant, I can find a way.”
 
“That…that's beyond my limit, Edward.”
 
“I can't help you if I'm not one of you. What happens if I get killed huh?”
 
“You won't, now I have to go hunt. I'll be back in a just a little while, stay here.”
 
I stand up and bolt out the door. Glad to get away and think, if not for just a few minutes.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~
 
I wipe at the trickle of blood coming out of the corner of my mouth. I took my time finding my prey. I'll admit it. I just don't think I want to face him.
 
I love Edward as much as I would if I'd been a human and known him all my life. But I just don't want to change him. I can't…condemn him to this. On the other hand, he'd be with me forever. Then that's what I'll do…I'll talk to him
 
With new determination I race back to our temporary hide-a-way. I slow to a walk as I come up to it and instantly notice that the door is ajar.
 
I know he didn't leave. He just won't. He has no reason.
 
I sprint inside and my eyes go narrow in rage.
 
Standing in the entryway is Demetri. His dark tresses sway as he faces me. “I'm terribly sorry about all this but its Aro's orders.”
 
Demetri points the gun at me and smiles with a sad tint to it. Usually I would've given him pity.
 
I dodge the paralyzing bullet and jump onto him. Wrestling the gun away from him I aim it at his own beating heart.
 
“I vowed to myself I would protect him and you're in the way.”
 
He nods, “I understand but it is the same for me. You're in the way of Aro's vision of a new world free of supernatural beings.”
 
“I'm sorry Demetri…”
 
With a sting of hesitation I pull back the trigger and it launches itself into his body, an instant kill. His body leaks his life's liquid and I turn my attention to Edward.
 
Frantically I throw myself into the living room of this small place. No head of hair peaks above the couch and worry fills me.
 
Kneeling down in front of the sofa, I cradle Edward's body in my arms. I put my fingers to his wrist and wait anxiously.
 
This goes way past my limit of everything…of me. Please…