Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Inverted Providence ❯ Always ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Inverted Providence
Chapter 7: Always
 
Energy springs up inside me as a faint pulse beats inside him. I heave Edward up into my arms and rush him into one of the back bedrooms. Gently, I place him down onto the mattress and hurry back to quickly dispose of Demetri's body.
 
Without a second to lose I wrap the bloody frame up in a sheet and leave it to do with later. As I rush back to Edward I mentally brace myself for the task ahead. Hovering over him I pull his wrist to my lips and sink my fangs into them.
 
Hopefully I can get the venom into his blood stream quick enough to save his life.
 
Time rolls by and I don't take account of it. As I step away from his body I can only hope it begins to work soon. That way I know if I did it correctly or not.
 
Patiently, I take a seat on the floor next to the bed. Even though vampires can go long hours by staying still, these human tactics have grown so accustomed it's as if I am one. Or at least I can convince myself of it.
 
-_____Next Day_____-
 
A groan slips out from Edward's lips and his eyes clench shut. I hurry to his side and begin whispering loving words into his ear.
 
Things like; “It'll be okay” or “I'm here for you” or the occasional “I love you”.
 
His hand shoots out and grabs the mine in a vice like grip.
 
I know the pain he's going through. Unlike me, he's keeping his hurt inside and as they say “taking it like a man”. Not that that ever does any good.
 
Within a matter of moments orbs reveal themselves to be the color of a red rose instead of a green apple.
 
“B-Bella…what…what happened to me?”
 
“Demetri shot you. So I had to turn you.”
 
He forces his controlled gaze to his bloodied wrist. “What about Demetri? What did you do with him?”
 
“I…”
 
“You killed him right?”
 
I merely nod, not sure if I can contain composure. I've never killed a human before and I didn't even want to start. But a life was on the line that could never be replaced. His on the other was corrupt and can easily be replaced by another ill minded evil.
 
“Thank you…I tried to fend him off but. I guess he was escaping by the time you came back.”
 
“I'm sorry I took so long, if I hadn't…maybe…”
 
He smiles up at me, “If you hadn't then we'd both be dead…or you'd be deader than you already are.”
 
I smile back at him and sit down on the edge of the bed. Edward wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me close. I let my head rest on his chest.
 
“Aren't you hungry Edward?”
 
“Actually…I'm not.”
 
I lift up and look him straight in his now dark caramel eyes. “I could've sworn your eyes were red. Which means you're thirsty but…I guess I was wrong.”
 
I lay back down and we sit in a peaceful silence. No one could wish for a better moment with the one they love. To know that they're alive and that you were the one that saved them…such a great feeling.
 
“Bella…I will always love you.”
 
I tilt my head up and peck his lips, “I will always love you too. But, maybe we should get out of here. Do you think Aro is still going to surveillance the mansion or my house?”
 
“Most likely your house so let's go to the mansion first.” I nod and stand up so he can get up as well. “What did you do with the body?”
 
“I buried it outside.”
 
“Okay…”
 
With that said and done I lead him back to the mansion. All the lights are shut off and it appears as though no one is inside at all. Cautiously I enter the structure and glance around. Deeming it safe I send him a thought to follow.
 
But he doesn't move.
 
“Edward what's wrong? I sent you a thought to come on.”
 
“I…I don't know. I can't hear your thoughts.”
 
I stare at him, probably more surprised than he is. I didn't want this to happen. Silent communication is best in tight situations. Despite the fact that I didn't like him listening in…I kind of wish for it to be back.
 
“We'll figure it out. Come on.” he says as he jogs be back to the real world.
 
Striding into the house nothing makes a sound. Rounding the corner to move into the living room, I hurry to the light-switch in instinct.
 
Before I can get the light on I hear the frightened screech of a person.