Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Inverted Providence ❯ Abnormal ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Inverted Providence
Chapter 8: Abnormal
 
The bright light envelops us as I stare at the sight before me. Alice stands next to the couch and stares at Edward. Unlike a normal vampire he appears to be…less solid and more…like water vapor.
 
“Ed-Edward what's w-wrong with you?”
 
He turns to me with frightened eyes, “I don't know.”
 
Em strides down the stairs and gapes at Edward's appearance. “Wow what happened to you.”
 
Edward narrows his eyes and before any of us can blink he appears behind Emmett. “What do you mean what happened to me? Bella turned me, that's what happened.”
 
I step forward cautiously, “Um…did you just teleport?”
 
He doesn't answer but looks over his shoulder and smiles wide. “Jasper, Rosalie you're okay!”
 
Alice holds her head in the palm of her hand. “We need to get out of here now and go see him.”
 
Rosalie quirks a blonde eyebrow, “Who are we going to see?”
 
Emmett strides easily toward the door, “To see a man who can help us determine Edward's power.
 
“Won't he be mad that I'm not a human anymore?” questions Edward.
 
I twist a strand of hair around my finger. I don't want to answer that question. But I do anyway. “No not as long as you don't go crazy and make us kill you. We have a strict vegetarian diet that doesn't include humans as a meal.”
 
Alice walks out the door and we all follow obediently. This will be interesting.
 
-_____________-
 
All of us climbed in the cars and began driving north in the direction of his house. It's been so long since I've seen him. He's always been like a brother to me well besides the fact that he married my biological sister. I haven't seen her in forever because I went to travel with Alice and Emmett.
 
The small house sits in the mountain side as if it wants to hide from sight. Stepping out of the car Edward practically stays put within five feet of me, probably since he's all new to this. Either way I lead everyone to the door and knock swiftly.
 
“Bella are werewolves a vampire's enemy?” questions Edward.
 
“Uhuh, why do you ask?”
 
“There's one right behind us.”
 
Spinning around I let a smile curve onto my countenance. I run forward and latch my arms around the neck of the mighty russet creature. I bury my face in his fur and laugh lightly.
 
I step back from the wolf to give him space. Within an instant he morphs into that of my brother-in-law. He appears to be 25 but he's only 16. He has pale skin but with a small amount of color to it. Long raven hair is pulled back into a ponytail and his dark eyes are rimmed in a vibrant gold.
 
“Bella what are you doing here?”
 
“Not much I'd like you to meet Jasper, Rosalie, and Edward,” I say as I motion to each in turn before spinning back toward the three I had named, “and this is my brother-in-law, Jacob Black.”
 
“But we need her help on deciphering Edward's power. It's a very strange one.”
 
Jacob nods and leads us into the home that appears small but is large on the inside as it expands into the mountain. “Bella's here and she brought friends!” he bellows into the rooms.
 
Without hesitation my sister glides into the room as if she were floating. Her soft yet warm vampire skin is just as strong but holds the ability to blush and burn. Her curly brown hair falls slightly past her shoulders and match her chestnut eyes. At 17 she's highly intelligent even for a vampire and she's just as unique.
 
I embrace her in a hug, “It's so good to see you again. I'm sorry it's been so long. But some things have happened.”
“It's fine, now where's the one I need to examine.” I lead her to Edward and she smiles more. “These vampires are very well stable for becoming one so soon.”
 
Edward flinches back from my sister's outstretching hand. I whisper to him that it'll be okay and he stands still. Renesmee places a hand on the side of his face.
 
Jasper glances at me, “What is she going to do?”
 
Alice leans her head on his shoulder. “She takes down the mental barriers and finds what she's looking for.”
 
“Will it hurt or damage anything?” questions Rosalie.
 
Jacob laughs out loud. “If it did we wouldn't let her do it, now would we?”
 
At this both Rosalie and Jasper zip it shut and let Renesmee work her magic. Within the time frame of five minutes she pulls her hand away. The second contact ceases Edward collapses back into my arms.
 
Jacob shakes his head and picks Edward up into his arms. “Come on newbie let's get you three situated in the back.”
 
He takes them into one of the guest rooms, most likely, before coming back. Renesmee leads us into the large living room where we all take a seat.
 
“I told them he's just sleeping but I don't think they bought it.”
 
Renesmee glances at the hands in her lap. “He's had such a horrible life. But he still is at peace with the vampire kind.”
 
Em leans back into the couch, “So did you find out his power or not Nessie?”
 
I don't think I will ever like the nickname Jacob gave her. But it is cute in its own way. Just have to live with what your dealt I guess.
 
She nods wearily, “So many memory walls I had to go through. I'm lucky I found it at all.”
 
Alice practically falls off the edge of the seat, “So what is it?”
 
“He has two actually…It's a very rare power. I think it has only been documented once…but no one has controlled it yet. He's the first…” I nod to her to continue and she does. “Edward has the ability to turn into a sort of mist, thus allowing him to teleport as well so it is called Mist Teleportation.”
 
Em raises an eyebrow, “Well that's abnormal.”
 
“What's abnormal?”
 
All our eyes turn to the doorway and spot the three friends. Edward steps forward to sit by me on the loveseat.
 
“I asked, what's abnormal?”
 
Jacob chuckles lightly, “You are man.”
 
It takes a second for that to sink in before more questions probably start popping up in his head. But before he has a chance to answer them I step up to the plate.
 
“Your power is Mist Teleportation. No one has had it before.”
 
Renesmee nods, “Yes the last person that had it died.”