Vampire Hunter D Fan Fiction ❯ Huntress of the Night ❯ On the way ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A cloudy sunrise peered through the curtains. Owen woke up, sat up and stretched. He looked around, D wasn't around and neither was Alexiel. He wasn't surprised. Alexiel was always the one to wake up before him; and from what he had heard, D was not the type to sleep in either.

As if he cared.

He got up, got dressed and headed downstairs. D wasn't anywhere to be found. He thought that was pretty typical. Alexiel was finishing up tightening her boots. What D thought was right about that white dress. Because in the day, Alexiel wore a black tank top, tight black leather pants that Owen thought would be impossible for any living being to pour themselves into. And finally knee-high black leather boots with a 2-inch thick heel.

//Black must be common for vampires and dunpeals I guess// Owen thought to himself. //Either that or Alexiel really wants to put someone in his/her/its grave//

Owen always guessed at things every time he saw the huntress. What he wondered most about her was where the hell does she hide most of her weapons? In fact anyone would wonder about that if they knew how many weapons she carried.

Alexiel always carries her long sword on her back. She has two blade boomerangs, three sets of 20 poison darts, two simple wood handled daggers, and a 13 She walked over to the hunter, her face as expressionless as his. "The vampire that kidnapped the two kids is Lillian's distant cousin Drake. So far Rolland is unharmed but we have no other news about Amelia."

D said nothing and let Alexiel continue.

"I know a shortcut to his little hideout. But we better move quickly if we wish to catch him - because this one always changes his whereabouts every three days. Owen and I are taking the path along the river; you can go wherever you want but we suggest you come with us you can cover more ground quicker. But make no mistake D; we're only doing this once. You are still our competition. Any questions before we depart?"

"Only one."

"And what's that?"

"Who is Lillian?"

Alexiel paused for a moment. "Not many people know of her, not even me. She is rumored to be the second cousin of Meier Link but like I said we don't know. She was also rumored to have fallen in love with a pathetic blacksmith who risked his life to save his infant child from my father. But the child was also killed that night as well."

"You're sure of this?"

"I learn what I can from rumors..………………………R 30;.. You never know when the information may come in handy."

Alexiel headed back inside to get Owen. D stood in place for a few minutes thinking over what she told him, then he mounted and waited for the other two. When they came out they headed west following the river. D followed them. Owen glanced one eye up at the tall dunpeal.

"Heh... what did my partner say for you to come along?"

D didn't respond. Owen looked over at Alexiel, she didn't say anything either. She just kept her eyes focused on the road.

"Uhh...…………….. tell me again how long would it take if we took the long way to get to Drake?"

Alexiel narrowed her eyes at the blue haired boy. "For the last time, it would take about seven days to get to our destination."

"Ohh. Right. I won't forget this time."

*~*~*~*~*