Vampire Hunter D Fan Fiction ❯ Huntress of the Night ❯ First Attempt ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The hunters traveled all day and long into the night. For all the while the only voices of complaint were Owen and Lefty. Owen complaining that they should stop to rest; and Lefty complaining for Owen to shut up.

"This is ridiculous Alexiel, we should stop to rest for tonight," Owen groaned again.

"We wasted enough time resting at your father's Inn last night. I don't even know why I listened to you," the huntress scolded. "We keep going. You can rest if you want but if all of us rest we lose our chance on getting those kids."

"Bitch."

"You should know by now that has no effect on me."

*~*~*~*~*

The sun peered through the trees of the early morning and the three were still on the move. Soon they came across an old, abandoned-like mansion. D looked up, as did Alexiel. Both sensing dark energies.

"..………………Is this it?" D asked.

Alexiel closed her eyes, concentrating on the dark energy. Her eyes then jerked open after hearing a young one's scream. Then her face went stern and nodded.

"Yes..…………the kids are still safe but not for long. But be careful, some Barberoy are guarding the kids."

"Are they together or separate?" Owen then questioned.

"Separate. Amelia is up in that room," she points to a broken window on the far left. "And little Rolland is held captive there," she then pointed to a curtain shaded window. "I'll go and get Amelia, you two get Rolland."

"H-hey! What about the Drake??"

Alexiel said nothing and headed inside.

Owen looked up at D. "Makes you wonder what her brother is like huh D?"

D said nothing and dismounted and went in too.

//Okay. Screw you too Dunpeal.//

*~*~*~*~*

D looked around while heading towards the room where young Rolland Simmons was captive. The place was extremely dark, the candlelight wasn't much help. Owen got lost somewhere but he didn't bother to stop and look for him. He stopped once he reached the door. He could hear poor Rolland crying in fear and two other demonic voices laughing at the boy.

//Only two?// D thought.

He opened the door and he was right. Only two Barberoy. Rolland was huddled up in a dark corner as if to hide himself from the monsters.

"Hey! What are you doing here!?!?!" one of the Barberoy hissed.

"…………...I'm here for the boy....………….."

"I don't think so Dunpeal," the other one stood up. "You'll have to get through us first! And we won't let you pass without a fight!!"

D lifted his hand up to reach for his sword, just when one of them charged towards him at a speed faster than Alexiel. It extended the claws on its hands and lashed out at D, hitting him in his shoulder. And like a reflex, D swung his sword through it and split its stomach into two. But that didn't stop it. When its bottom half hit the ground the top half remained hovering, and soon sprouted another pair of legs. The creature then bicycle- kicked D several times in the face. D retaliated by cutting off its legs again then cutting its head. When D looked up the other Barberoy creature was gone..…………………..along with the boy.

*~*~*~*~*

Alexiel climbed the flight of stairs and up to the door of the room. She heard nothing but the voice of a seductive female of a Barberoy, trying to talk to the girl.

//I don't believe this will be any trouble since there seems to be one// she thought, //but then again I'm not that cocky//

Alexiel pulled out one of her Kriss blades and reached for the knob and slowly turned it. She felt a jerk on the knob and the door was pulled open. Alexiel's eyes widened in surprise at the Barberoy woman in front of her.

"Y-you! But………………...how?"

*~*~*~*~*

Owen shook with every step he took. He got lost by not following D like he was supposed to. He cursed himself for it too; he even cursed himself for being such a chicken when something that had to deal with vampires.

You see, Owen wasn't really a vampire hunter to begin with. He was just a beginner; Alexiel was schooling him for several days before they got the task. He still knows very little about vampires but he is a genius with the Barberoy. But his knowledge never got him out of all of the dangers he has been in. //I'm so pathetic// Owen thought bitterly to himself. //I never should have asked Alexiel to train me//

(Flashback)

Owen was up on the roof again. He watched the clouds pass by over his head as he waited for that huntress to begin to leave. Alexiel came out after a few minutes and headed towards the woods. Owen sat up and jumped off of the roof and ran after her.

"Hey! Miss! Wait a second!!!!" he shouted.

Alexiel stopped and turned around.

"Hey.…………………I was wondering --- what kind of huntress are you? You never said."

"Because you never asked before...……………………and why would you want to know what type of huntress I am?"

"Well...because if you are what I think you are.……………………..I want you to train me."

Alexiel's face was stern. She examined Owen with her eyes. He looked healthy, strong, and he had devotion. He was up to something.

"Vampire huntress..………………………no w why do you want me to train you?"

"Because I want revenge --- my sisters were taken away from me by vampires………………...please miss………………....I'll do anything.."

"..…………………&# 8230;..Are you sure you wish to do this? Being a hunter of anything, especially vampires, is a very difficult life. With very difficult training. Once you start hunting them you cannot stop until either you are dead or they are..."

Owen nodded, "Please? Will you train me?"

Alexiel nodded, "Very well..."

(End flashback)

Owen removed his glasses and wiped his eyes. Before he put his glasses on again he could feel something moving about in the hallway, and it wasn't him. Once he put his glasses back on he grinned.

"You're late……………....."

*~*~*~*~*

A lexiel broke the glass of the window, picked up Amelia and jumped out, landing perfectly on the ground. D was already outside waiting for her.

"They took Rolland…………………." D said.

"Drake was nowhere to be found inside. Amelia says we might have some problems."

"Why is that?"

"Because they did something to him...." Amelia said hiding behind Alexiel.

D said nothing and mounted his horse, "Where would be Drake's next hiding spot?"

"Hold it D, we're not going anywhere. We have to go back and get Rolland--- "

Alexiel then began to look around.

"D?..………………….Whe re's Owen?"

*~*~*~*~*