Vampire Hunter D Fan Fiction ❯ Untold Knight ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

As D rode along the road leading toward Grayson's castle he spotted a black mare just standing in the middle of the road. Slowing his mount he dismounted and carefully approached the beast who in turn ran up, and shoved her nose into his chest knocking him back a pace. He rubbing her forehead D noticed a large black diamond in the middle of the mare's forehead that seemed to glow when the moonlight touched it.
 
Slowly backing away the mare's figure blurred and faded away to a woman in a loose ragged black shirt, and a loose black tank top. Her eyes met his as black pools that seemed to have their own stars shining back at him.
 
"What are you?" Questioned D suddenly uncertain of the situation.
 
"I'm an elemental." Her lips never moved but the wind carried her voice.
 
"Explain. . ."
 
"I'm one the few who are chosen by the planet to carry one of its wonders as a power." Her voice came again on the wind as she chuckled visibly. "You're confused. . . In time though I'm sure you will understand."
 
"What is your name?" asked D.
 
The woman disappeared into a swirling mist of smoke, but her voice came over the wind in a whisper with his answer. "Anathros. . ."
 
The name sound far to familiar for D to feel perfectly comfortable with the situation already as it was. Though he had little time to worry as the castle loomed up before him frightening his mount into rearing up without warning, and almost throwing him off. With a growl of frustration he brought his fist down on the beast's head, and it calmed.
 
Dismounting he entered the castle heading straight for the burial chambers. Grayson's body was no where to found with in the room, and D turned to leave when Catherine entered blocking his exit.
 
"Get the hell out of my house!" Catherine drew her sword and her eyes went black with a small fire burning up through the middle of her eyes. Her hair flew wildly on an unseen wind the swirled around her kicking up the dust.
 
“An elemental.” He hadn't realized he'd stated it out loud until Catherine froze lowering her weapon, and her power subsided.
 
"What do you mean?" Catherine asked as the Anathros entered the room clapping lazily before leaning casually against a nearby wall just behind Catherine.
 
"You are so slow Catherine. You took a short cut and he still beat you here." Anathros leaned against the wall and looked straight at D with a mischievous grin. "She would be the leader of the my kind. The element fire."
 
"I know nothing of this!" Catherine spoke slowly as D sheathed his dagger.
 
"Catherine, listen to me young one." Anathros was laughing hysterically as she continued. "By birth child! By birth!" Anathros' stomach began to hurt from laughing so hard and she carefully restored her calm. "Your mother received the power of the fire element and passed it onto you." Catherine face was still puzzled. "Are you telling me you know nothing of these creatures? Your father never explained anything to you?"
 
"I've... never... never heard of such creatures.”
 
"Excuse me but where is the girl you took from the village?" D sternly interrupted.
 
"What?" Anathros yelled in shock. "Oh! You mean me. I don't really think it was against my will. I went willingly. It really does get boring after awhile, and I figured Ryu would catch the hint."
 
As the trio warily rode back toward the broken down castle near the village Catherine kept watch one the hunter for anything suspicious. She found herself hoping he'd do something that would give her a reason to kill him on the spot, but found that he was keeping everything about him neutral.
 
The sound of an explosion caused their mount rear up in fear, and a bright blue beam of light shot up into the sky nearby. Without a word of explanation Anathros spurred her mount in the direction the beam originated cursing loudly.
 
It took little to no time after ducking into the woods to enter a clearing where a crumble heap of what Catherine assumed was a human lay curled up in a ball. Jumping down she rolled him onto his back with Anathos' help and cautiously looked over him.
 
"I thought I recognized the light." Anathros hit the man upside the head angrily. "Ryu you big idiot! Don't ever do that again!"
 
"Hi." The man spoke sheepishly cracking open one sandy brown eye. Running his hand over his sand colored hair he then proceeded to shake his head ridding himself of the dirt that had gathered there.
 
"Your mother explained anything either, did she?" Anathros looked up to Catherine who was entirely ignoring her. Walking up behind the transfixed girl she and waved her hand in front of her face.
 
"What?" Catherine yelled suddenly coming back to herself blushing.
 
Nodding in what seemed approval Anathros smile sat down beside the younger woman. "Looks like somebody finds Ryu mruph mmup!" Choking Anathros sough to rid herself of the dirt Catherine had thrown in her mouth.
 
"It's nice to meet you, I'm Catherine.” Glancing over her she growled lowly. “That is D, he's a vampire hunter who I'm hoping is going to die an unfortunate death in the near future."
 
Leaning around Catherine to see D better he questioned the hunter. "Are you sick D?"
 
"No, I'm just being threatened by someone who can't carry it out." D replied nonchalantly as Anathros finished spitting out the dirt, and started searching through Ryu's saddle bags for food..
 
"Where is your diamond?" Anathros asked as she turned to him. With sigh Ryu held up a blue gem that glowed brightly in the sunlight. "Why aren't you wearing it?" Ryu looked at the ground shamefully. "What did you do to it?" Asked Anathros worriedly putting her ration bar aside.
 
“I explain. . .”
 
____M&M____
 
 
"You what?" Anathros yelled at a cowering form of Ryu.
 
"I lost the power. It's gone. . ." Ryu looked at the ground again.
 
"From what I hear it wasn't his fault Anathros." Catherine said. "If he was in a fight when the power left him it's obvious that he didn't abandon it.”
 
"I'll drink to that!" Everyone looked at D curiously who was clenching his left hand.
 
"What. . ." asked Anathros cautiously, ". . .was that?"
 
D reluctantly held up his left hand as Catherine approached him reaching for the glove, but D pulled it away from her. "Almighty above, you have something living in your hand!" Anathros' brow rose up in curiosity and with a waved her hand D's glove melted through his hand falling into his lap.
 
Ryu raises his hand pulling his bag into his lap. "I got the good stuff if you want to take the creature up on that idea!" Anathros snatched two off the bottles and handed one to Catherine before looking down to her's greedily. "Drink and be merry at nightfall." Ryu spoke handing one to D and took a large gulp of his own. Catherine watched Anathros do the same, and almost fall backward getting the entire bottle drank all at once.
 
Follow suit Catherine popped the top off her own, and sipped cautiously out of it. “Yum, it's really sweet. Is this wine?”
 
“You got it girl!” Ryu winked at her as she took a larger drink, and grinned back at him happily.
 
 
____(One hour later)_____
 
 
Ryu and Anathros had drunk about 13 bottles each, and Catherine close behind with a dozen. D refused to touch a drop much to the displeasure of the creature in his hand. "Let's talk," said Catherine slyly. "We will tell each other what we are, and if a vampire how we remain in the sun." Catherine glanced at Anathros who was well drink and nodded to it. “I'm a half-breed, and that pretty much explains everything. The rest, and former, you probably already know. Ryu?”
 
"I'm a. . . a Enjeru, and I was the owner of the water element. I choose Anathros to go next. . ." Ryu laughed groggily before falling backwards sprawled across the ground.”
 
"I'm a countess of noble blood, and pretty damn proud of it!” Anathros smiled proudly. "For those of you who think the night isn't an element, you're right. If you don't like it... you can plant a kiss right here!" Anathros slapped her butt playfully with her hand. "I chose the cutest guy here. . . shitaki I said that out loud didn't I?"
 
"I already told ya'll everything!" Ryu spoke with a grin.
 
"Not you moron. I was talking about the hunter!”
 
"I'm a half-breed as well. . ." D said.
 
"I'm an unidentified creature. Who wants to kiss me?" Laughed the creature in D's hand who was muted by D closing his hand.
 
Standing up Catherine shook her head in an attempt to clear it. “I'm going to go clean up at the river. I'll be right back.”
 
"I'll join. It's not safe to get near the river alone when you're drunk. . ." Ryu said standing up groggily, and stumbling after her.