Vampire Knight Fan Fiction ❯ One Of A Kind (Zero Kiriyu) ❯ Sincere and Unwavering Eyes ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Zero saw how her eyes were nervous. He scoffed at the thought of her finishing the whole worksheet if he couldn't. He saw that Yagari-sensei was surprised and yet not surprised at the same time. He saw him pick up what seemed to be the key.
 
“Tell me what you got,”
 
She said what she had on her paper. Zero stared at her with widen eyes and it seems so did everyone else. Yagari-sensei gasped and asked if she could bring her paper up. Zero saw his expression and wondered if she had the correct answers. Yagari-sensei took the paper. It seemed like he was checking them once more. Yuki and I exchanged glances; we were both surprised and shocked.
 
“Alright, good job”
 
He handed her the paper back and she went back to her desk. Ceres felt content that she had gotten it correct. She tucked the worksheet away in her black folder. But she also felt a small but maddening pain at her side, as though she was shot. Yagari-sensei told everyone to work besides the person next to them. Ceres's hopes fell into a pit. She had no friend and yet she was supposed to work with someone.
 
Zero glanced beside him and found the new girl. He heavily sighed and felt as though it was inevitable to not work with her. He started to walk toward her up he sharply stopped. He smelt the scent of pure, sweet blood under her ivory skin. His breathing became heavy and fought the urge to drink her blood. He sat in the seat that was one seat away from her. Ceres looked up and saw the unusual boy.
 
“Oh, hello. Are you my partner?”
 
“Yeah… let's get this over with,”
 
Yagari-sensei passed out a board and pieces, but not just a regular board, a checkers board. A student yelled out if they were played checkers. Yagari-sensei replied with a simple, “If you want to do worksheets for the remainder of the class then be my guest.” Many students yelled out or booed a no and played their game of checkers. They separated the pieces. Ceres being the red pieces and Zero the black pieces.
 
“Before we start, may I ask what is your name?”
 
He looked at her eyes and saw something that made it less difficult for him to breath. He saw the same sincere and unwavering eyes Yuki had always kept on him. But he also saw sadness and pity, for him. Ceres looked at him, the real him. She saw his life in those amethyst eyes. It reminded Ceres of her own life.
 
“ My name is Zero, and your's?”
 
“My name is Ceres,” she smiled.
 
They started to play. The first match was won by Ceres then the second one was won by Zero and the next by Ceres and the next by Zero. The 5 match came and it was Ceres's turn to move her piece. She hesitated to touch at first then looked up to Zero. Zero looked at her, confused.
 
“How about a deal?”
 
Zero looked at her with focused eyes, trying as though to decipher her thoughts on the deal. He hesitated to answer a yes or no. So instead, he asked her what she meant by deal.
 
“It's nothing bad or anything. I was just wondering that if every time I take one of your piece or vise verse, we would ask a question to get to know each other,”
 
Zero thought through it.
 
“Sure,”