Vampire Knight Fan Fiction ❯ One Of A Kind (Zero Kiriyu) ❯ Jealousy ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Ceres then made her first move. Then Zero made his move and realized that it was a mistake. He cursed under his breath which caused Ceres to look up then look back at the board and saw that Zero made a mistake. It was her turn to move her red piece/pieces but she paused.
 
“Do you want to re-do that move?” Ceres asked, “It's okay, you know.”
 
Zero glanced at her. Suspicion took over but she held an innocent look, or maybe an uncaring look. He nodded back ad re-did his move. And the game continued on. There was many of the basic get-to-know questions like “What's your favorite color” or “What do you like/dislike”. Toga-sensei gave the entire class a 15-minute free time. It seems that most people either playing the checkers game or talked.
 
Ding-ding!
 
Class was over and everyone cleaned up their area and packed up. It was the end of the day. Ceres was collected her stuff until realized that her bracelet was missing. Instantly, she grabbed hold of her wrist and thought about what happened to it. A flashback of Aidou-senpai taking hold of her wrist the first time they met made her realize that he took it.
 
Zero saw her expression as he was getting ready for his part-time job as the school's guardian or perfect. She held a such a sorrow expression, as though someone she knew had died.
 
“Hey Ceres! What's wrong?”
 
Ceres's head shot up and slightly turned to face Zero. She nervously smiled or maybe even sadly smiled and shook her head.
 
“It's nothing. It's just that I think Aidou-senpai took my bracelet,”
 
“So? It's just a bracelet, you can buy another,”
 
Her eyes trailed off and was staring down at the desk in front of her. She started collect her school supplies.
 
“I wish I could do that but my mother gave me it before she….”
 
She couldn't finish her sentence. Her sight was slightly blurred and she shook it off. Even so, she knew Zero would understand. Zero regretted saying it. He saw that she was on the verge to cry. Had it affect her that much? Zero, then, remembered that she could see Aidou when they come out of their Moon Dormitory.
 
“Hey. You might be able to get your bracelet back, you know,”
 
Ceres looked up, hopeful. She got her stuff and followed Zero out the door. Even if she could buy another that looked remotely similar, it wouldn't be the same because her bracelet is made out iron from the moon, which is why it gives off a silver glow at night. Ceres saw many girls crowding the entryway of the Moon Dormitory. The doors opened and she saw Aidou-senpai waving at his fans. Ceres was entirely confused by ignored.
 
Aidou waved his adoring fans girls. Everyone else came out the door and more and more screams and cheers came along with them. Aidou smiled and looked around until he saw Ceres. She was the only one who was farther away from the girls. He smiled and ran toward her.
 
“So, have you fallen for me?” Aidou joked
 
Ceres smiled and giggled until something hit her face. She saw the bracelet that her mother gave around Aidou's left wrist. She gasped, her eyes focusing on it. Aidou saw what she was paying attention to, his bracelet.
 
“You like it?” Aidou teased, “I just got it, today.”
 
“Can I have it back, Aidou-senpai?”
 
“How do I know its yours?”
 
“My mother gave it to me before she… passed away,” Ceres whispered, “it's the only thing I have that reminds me of her.”
 
Ceres clutched her heart, as though she can touch and sense its sad beats. Aidou felt terrible sorry for taking it. He saw her eyes had a glassy look, like she was going to cry. He took her bracelet off and took her arm and placed it back on her arm. He held her arm still, gazing at the bracelet but also feeling the need to wrap his arms around her.
 
“I am sorry, Ceres.” Aidou apologized, “If I knew, I would've….”
 
“It's okay Aidou”