Vampire Knight Fan Fiction ❯ One Of A Kind (Zero Kiriyu) ❯ Secrets ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Ceres smiled a sincere smile toward Aidou. Aidou felt like he didn't deserve such kindness. After all, Ceres knew that he didn't mean any harm, but still...
 
Fifteen feet away from their position, Zero stood there watching. He felt slightly angry but he did not know why. He watched Aidou smile back and continued toward the school. Ceres waved good-bye to him. He also saw that she held a forced smile. But why was she forcing herself to smile? All the rest of the Night Class students came out. In order including Aidou, it was: Aidou, Akatsuki (Kain), Ruka, Senri (Shiki), Rima (Touya), Seiren then Kaname.
 
As always, there was an hint of hatred for one another between Zero and Kaname with a slightly unnoticeable glare from Zero. Kaname smiled it off. Yuki bowed politely saying her usual. Zero glanced up and saw Ceres's shocked and somewhat mad expression cover her face as though it was a mask that couldn't be taken off. His eyes followed to where she was staring or glaring at. Kaname?
 
Ceres saw someone she should've never seen in the first place. Pure-blood Kuran Kaname. She noticed that he also saw her and smiled a sad smile. Though her eyes glinted with hatred, she twitched a smile and bowed politely.
 
“Hello Natsumi, it's a pleasure to meet you again,” Kaname said politely.
 
“You as well Kuran,”
 
Kaname passed by her. His eyes had shown her something she never wanted to see again. Her heartbeat sped up so quickly, it caught her by surprised. She quickly turned to him as he was walking away from her. Her eyes were widen with tears lining up to fall down her cheek. What? Why? How?
 
“How did you find out?” She whispered.
 
He stopped in his tracks. He stood there for what seemed to be hours and hours. He turned his head but not completely; his body was still in place, not moving. Ceres stood there staring at him. Wondering why he had the eyes of sorrow and pity. She blinked many times and shook her head, trying to force her tears from not coming out.
 
“Word gets around. I'm sorry for being so cruel to you.”
 
Ceres looked up and saw him already walking. She forgave him. But it wasn't his fault. Ceres knew that she would've done the same thing but still…
 
She felt a hand touch her shoulder. She twitched and jumped a little. Ceres turned around and saw Zero. He had a concerned look. Ceres smiled and shook her head, hoping it was enough to reassure him that she was okay. She guessed it was enough because he sighed.
 
“Do you want me to walk you to your dorm?” Zero offered.
 
“Yes. Thank you.”
 
She smiled at him. Zero seemed phased by her sudden change in attitude. In a minute she was glaring with hatred then she was near verge to tears and next she is smiling like the happiest person in the world. It didn't bother Zero though. In fact, he found it amusing. In the corner of his lips, he twitched a smile.
 
What is this girl? Or better yet, who is she?