Vampire Knight Fan Fiction ❯ One Of A Kind (Zero Kiriyu) ❯ Level E ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]

As Ceres and Zero walked, it started to grow dark. The sky had turned into a beautiful cerulean blue as the sun was reached into sunset. Zero glanced at her many times. He felt his heartbeat sped up. It was his blood thirst. He gripped his throat as his breathing began ragged and hoarse. Zero fell on his knees. His vision dangerously blurred.
 
“Zero? Zero!”
 
He looked up. He couldn't see who he was going to answer back but it was obvious who. After all, she was the only one with him. He coughed out blood, still feeling the sting of his blood lust. He felt a hand on his left shoulder and then on his chest, steadying him fro falling. Zero could feel the blood within her veins pumping around her body.
 
“G-Get away!” He strained
 
Zero pushed her away and tried to use what was left of his strength to pull himself together and get to his dorm before something bad happens. His head spun around and around like a ferris wheel and it drove him insane. He had no idea his blood thirst was so needy and strong. Then vision completely disappeared and he felt his body fall on the hard concrete.
 
“Zero! Zero, wake up! Zero…”
 
Zero could no longer hear her voice. It startled him. He opened his eyes to find himself falling into an abyss of darkness. Everything seemed to stop for a moment. Zero felt himself standing on top of nothing, just wandering around his empty head. He saw a figure floating when it's back turned away form his. He instantly recognized who is was.
 
Shizuka Hio
 
Why do you look at me with such hateful eyes? Do you wish to kill me, my cute Zero?
 
You can not kill me. We are forever bonded by a forbidden bond. Killing me will only kill the humanity in your heart.
 
Zero stood dumbfounded. He was angry and filled to the rim with the thirst of revenge but He stood there doing nothing but stare at the women's back. Maybe because he wasn't looking at her face. And maybe because it didn't sound like her voice. It sounded familiar but he didn't know who. Within a second, she stood behind him, near his neck. He wanted to move but he felt his entire body frozen solid. His breathing be ragged when she placed her icy cold lips on the nape of his neck.
 
Stop it!
 
………………………&# 8230;…….................
………………………&# 8230;…….................
“Zero? Hey, wake up Zero.”
 
His eyes shot wide open. The first thing he saw was Ceres's beautiful golden eyes concerned about him. He saw that Yuki was on the other side, that she was the one who called his name. Yuki smiled, so reassured that Zero had woken up from his nightmare. Ceres stared at him, still concerned. She placed a hand on top of Zero's forehead. Both Yuki and Zero looked at her weirdly. After a couple of seconds, she lifted her hand off and placed it upon her forehead. Her expression showed her that she was thinking.
 
“You don't feel sick… but just in case,”
 
Ceres used to fingers and found Zero's pulse in his neck. Zero's throat clammed up and tighten up. He felt a surge of hungry through it stomach. Yuki watched intensely, waiting to see if Zero's vampirism side would soon take over. Zero fought the urge to drink her blood by shutting his eyes closed. He could feel her blood through her veins just by her fingertips. She quickly removed her fingers.
 
“I'm sorry Zero, for making you feel uncomfortable. But her pulse is quicker than normal, did you have a bad dream?”
 
“… Yeah”
 
Zero sat up, at the same time, Ceres stood up as well. She turned to face the window. The moon shone bright this night. The rays of light bounced off the clouds, illuminating the stars as well. Ceres looked back and smiled.
 
“I see. Well I better be going. Wouldn't want to get in trouble by the school's perfects.”
 
She started to walk away, apparently quicker than normal, as though she was scared. The door creaked open then closed softly. Zero stared down at the floor. Why do I feel so sad? He continued to stare at the floor, wondering why he felt a strong jolt in his gut. Meanwhile, Ceres was already walking out of the building. When she placed his fingers upon his neck, Ceres felt the strong vampire blood running in his veins. She also felt the strong need to drink her blood as well.
 
“Level-E…”