Vampire Knight Fan Fiction ❯ One Of A Kind (Zero Kiriyu) ❯ Tears Of Fear ( Chapter 7 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Beasts who take the form of a human being…”
 
Ceres slightly turned her head to face the reflected moon shone across the windows. Then shook her head and continued to go to her dorm. Now, she realized that everyone in the Night Class was a vampire and Zero Kiryu, was a vampire who will fall to a Level E Vampire.
 
Daybreak broke opened but the skies had no intentions of showing the bright, warm sunlight. The skies were a pure gray background with faded clouds or darker clouds. It was going to rain or worst, there might be a thunderstorm. Ceres woke up much earlier than she had anticipated. The school showers open up at 7:00 A.M. but she had waken up at 6:15. She walked toward her window and saw the unpleasant sky. Ceres had her hand on the window and instinctively gripped tighter.
 
Class began and continued on until the last period. It went by unusually fast for her. Every now and then, Ceres kept glancing at the clock hung above the door and the clear, unprotected windows. Her heartbeat sped and she felt her chest get tighter and tighter by the minute that she couldn't take it. Ceres raised her hand, hoping the teacher would quickly call on her. And he did.
 
“May I go to the bathroom?”
 
“Yes, go on ahead.”
 
She knew she could not take her school items with her. After all, there would be no point as to bring her school items with you if you are going to the bathroom. She quickly crossed and felt so cold as to skip out of class but it was this tighten feeling in her chest that made her do it. Zero felt her distant aura pass him from behind. He sharply gasped and turned his head slightly and saw her pass without that same kind feeling. She's not going to the bathroom.
 
The bell rang, indicating that class was finished. Still, Ceres had not come back. But it seemed that no one but Zero noticed it. He had noticed during all the classes, she was acting rather peculiar. Even during lunch, she would not leave and insisted she's stay in the classroom. Zero gathered her belongings. He decided he was going to skip his job. He knew that most girls here wouldn't like to be wet though it was only drizzling mist out there, not really pouring. He looked everywhere for Ceres, but not the girls' bathroom of course, he couldn't for… obvious reasons.
 
Zero knew he had wasted his time to try and find her but he kept going on. There was one place he didn't look at and it seemed the less likely place that Ceres would be hiding in. It was the stable that kept Lily, his horse, in. It started to lightly drizzle but not huge droplets of water. Since he had to go past the Nightdorm to get to the stable, he noticed that no one was there, only the Night Class and all their unaccredited glory. He snared at them and continued on. He stepped inside and found a shadow petting Lily. Ceres?
Lily seemed unusually tamed. Most of the time, if not all the time, Lily would be wild and untamed. But that was only if Zero himself wasn't around. Even around Yuki, Lily went off on her. But seeing Lily so calm in the midst of a strangers company, she seemed relaxed and calm. He could make out the shadowy figure. It was Ceres after all. Lily saw Zero at the stable's doorway and neighed in his direction. Ceres abruptly turned around but then relaxed. She smiled a small smile.
 
“Hello Zero,” she spoke, “is this your horse?”
 
“I guess you can say that,” He replied.
 
Zero came near Lily and began petting her too. For a moment, Zero felt as though he was in another world, one with only him and Ceres petting Lily. He didn't pay attention to the other horses sleeping or the fact that the rain had quickly became droplets and not drips. Within the moment, he felt… happy. But it was a small moment for thunder crackled and Lily jumped from shock. He held her reigns and whispered it was all right. He looked beside him to find Ceres on the floor, in a semi-fetal position, covering her ears and whimpering. Lily shook her head out of Zero's hands. She bent down with her neck and started to brush her hair lightly. Lily was reassuring her. Ceres picked her head up and held Lily close to her.
 
“Ceres… are you by any chance scared of thunder?”
 
Though the answer was obvious, Zero felt as though he wanted to make sure, to confirm it. She wobbled her way to stand up correctly. She needed help from Lily and to make sure she didn't fall, Zero had also helped her up. Ceres clutched her arms close together and held her shirt as though she could feel her heat in her hands. There was a weak smile on her face and more the Zero looked at it, the more it seemed forced.
 
“Huh-huh. That's why I skipped class and tried to find a place where it could at least keep me from minding myself that there was going to be a thunderstorm.” She whispered, “I'm sorry.”
 
Ceres clutched tighter. Her eyes were getting so watery that she couldn't see yet the tears didn't fall. She couldn't see Zero. All she saw were blobs of color. She felt a hand on top of her head and lightly ruffling it, like you do when you ruffle a young child's hair. The tears fell and slid down on her cheek and then she could finally saw the more detailed blobs of color. It seemed that it was Zero's hand.
 
“Don't worry about it.”