Vampire Knight Fan Fiction ❯ One Of A Kind (Zero Kiriyu) ❯ Lighting and Thunder ( Chapter 8 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Zero was reassuring her. And Ceres knew that. Then she saw someone standing with a pink umbrella at the stable way. The hand that was comforting her was suddenly gone and back at the side of Zero. She recognized who it was. It was one of the school perfects in her Day Class. Ceres guessed her name was Yuki. She stood there, hands at her siding, and apparently…mad?
 
“Zero! You skipped out on me again!”
 
Zero annoyingly sighed and turned fully faced toward her. He explained to her that he was just trying to find Ceres to return her stuff and found her here in the stable. Lily threateningly neighed at Yuki and she instantly lost her angry and became frighten. Zero calmed her down while saying a few things like `she is nothing but a weakling, she won't hurt you.'. Yuki scoffed and turned her head away until she saw Ceres. From where she was standing, Yuki saw the drying moist tears on her face. She lost all interest and started to walk toward her.
 
“Hey, are you okay? Did something happen?”
 
“She's scared of thunder.”
 
Yuki looked at Zero and saw both Lily and Zero looking at Ceres. Yuki looked back at Ceres and Ceres gave her a small nod. Yuki felt sad for her and quickly smiled to soother her troubled self. She placed a hand on Ceres's shoulder and winked.
 
“It's okay. You're going to be alright with us!”
 
Ceres looked at her. The corner of her mouth twitched to smile. Something about Yuki's disposition was making her want to smile and the fact that in the first week of school, she already made 2 friends: Yuki and Zero. Her heartbeat felt totally calmed and she felt lighter than she used to. Just when she was about to turn the twitch in the corner of her mouth into a full smile, lighting crackled and thunder roared louder than usual. Ceres quickly spun away from Yuki's grip that she had on her shoulder and backed up to the wall. She fell and covered her ears, whimpering. She bit her lip, hoping that she could stop herself from sobbing out loud. Ceres felt her heart's beat in her ears. Then hands covered her owns causing her to open her eyes. The hands belonged to Zero. He slowly took her hands off her ears than released them. Yuki walked over and kneeled to Ceres's height.
 
“How about coming with us to the Chairman. You can stay there until the storm passes,”
 
Ceres hesitated to answer. She felt compelled to answer though, to ease them. But what could she say? She could say no but it wasn't in her nature but she couldn't say yes because she wasn't used to strangers helping her. Ceres slightly nodded. Ceres wobbled up, using the wooden stable wall for support. Yuki told her that she could, if she wanted to, hold on to Zero if lighting strikes or thunder. She nodded. Yuki held the umbrella above Zero and Ceres. It was raining hard, without lighting or thunder…yet. While they were walking toward the Day Dorm, halfway lighting flashed and the thunder roared loudly. Ceres stopped instantly and clutch onto Zero tightly. Without anything sturdy or somewhat protective, she felt terrified. Ceres was out in the open where anything could happen, good or bad. Zero saw how frighten she was. Zero saw how vulnerable she was. Zero told Yuki to keep walking. Ceres felt frozen but she felt her legs move, walking. Then a loud snap-shut. She didn't hear the pitter-patter of rain clearly, she heard it muffled by something.
 
“You can open your eyes, Ceres.”
 
Ceres slowly opened her eyes and saw painted walls, ceilings, and small lamps lighting the path. Consciously, she released her grip on Zero. She turned around and saw the rain outside the glass panels that surrounded the door. She turned back around and saw Yuki smile. She relaxed.
 
“Come on, let's go to the Chairman and ask if you could sleep over here. I'm sure he'll say yes!”
 
They soon arrived at the door. Yuki felt that no one was inside and just barged inside, smiling.
 
“Chairman! Can Cer--”
 
Yuki stopped before mid-way. Zero glared at him and Ceres stood there clueless. Kana stood in front of the Chairman's desk but turned around to face them. Yuki quickly bowed, apologizing to Kaname for interrupting his talk with the Chairman. Kaname, of course, kindly accepted it. Zero glared all the way. In fact, he was glad that Yuki did that. He noticed that Kaname was staring at Ceres. He looked down without turning his head. She had empty eyes but… why? Lighting flashed so suddenly. Ceres jerked Zero's arm and buried her face in it. She bit her lip from whimpering again. But either way, she was terribly trembling. It seemed that the Chairman, Kaname, Yuki and even Zero gazed at her. Kaname started to walk forward toward Ceres. Now everyone was staring at him. He patted her head softly.
 
“It's alright Ceres. You are safe here.”