Vampire Knight Fan Fiction ❯ One Of A Kind (Zero Kiriyu) ❯ Bloodthirsty ( Chapter 9 )

[ A - All Readers ]

She lifted her head slowly. Kaname? He smiled and backed up to leave some space between her and Zero. Ceres again released her grip on Zero. Yuki felt jealousy toward Ceres but she felt a small feeling that told her there was no point to feel jealousy. The Chairman seemed interested and stared at Kaname intrigued. Yuki thought it was old for him to do that to someone he doesn't know unless…
 
“Kaname, do you know her?” Yuki blurted out by accident, “Opps!”
 
She quickly covered her mouth and blushed a dark red. She was suppose to say that in her head, not out loud. Kaname chuckled at her reaction, which caused her to bow apologetically. The Chairman also thought the same thought and was extremely glad that Yuki was the one who said it and not him. Ceres looked sideways, not really paying attention.
 
“Ceres, can you go outside for a moment?” Kaname asked.
 
“Y-Yes.”
 
She stepped out the room and closed it behind her. Ceres knew what he was going to say. Kaname was going to say that a vampire saw me while walking around the city in the evening. The vampire was going to take her and drink the lifeblood from her but Kaname was behind her. The vampire stopped and bowed politely and continued his way. That was the truth and yet that was also a lie. She found the kitchen. It felt so homely that it started to remind her of her own home. Out the window, Aidou was walking toward there but without an umbrella. He had his hand up and there was something shining on his hand. It looked like ice! Ceres gasped as more ice come out from nowhere and blocked the rain from him. She started to back away from the window, hoping she didn't get caught by him. But it was already too late. Aidou saw a glimpse of her gold eyes and ran toward the kitchen. Ceres tried to sit down in the chair, acting perfectly relaxed but she couldn't. Aidou opened the kitchen door and came in wet.
 
“Oh! Hey Ceres!”
 
Ceres turned around and slightly smiled, no talking much. Aidou seemed to noticed it because he started to come near her.
 
“You alright?”
 
“Yeah. I'm just scared of the lighting”
 
It wasn't the total truth but it wasn't also a horrible lie. She was still afraid of the lighting suddenly flashing but it didn't concern her. What concerned her was that Aidou was a vampire. Thunder rumbled again. Ceres stood up and ran from the kitchen and behind the wall where the cabinets were nailed to. Ceres hasn't notice that there was a knife carelessly left at the corner of the counter underneath the cabinets and it had slashed her forearm. Ceres held her arm close to her to stop the bleeding but the pain was unnoticeably compared to her pounding heartbeat. Aidou came out and looked at her sitting on the floor, crying. He bent down, telling her it was okay but his vampiric instincts took over from the smell of her blood. He touched her hand as the blood rushed down his hand. He licked it off. Ceres stood up and backed away. Aidou then slowly stood up, blood thirsty. Both Aidou and Ceres hadn't noticed that everyone in the Chairman's office come out the office because both Kaname and Zero smelled blood. Ceres looked horrified as she saw fangs protruding from Aidou's mouth.
 
“Vampire…”
 
BANG!
 
Ceres heard a gunshot. Aidou turned around and felt a stinging pain on his cheek. Kaname had slapped him. Aidou instantly fell to his knees, begging for forgiveness. Kaname brutally accepted it. He walked over to Ceres. She back away so suddenly. Her eyes shown terror. She was trembling and breathing so fast. Kaname told her to come back so he can treat her wound. She vigorously shook her head.
 
“Blood-thirsty eyes…”
 
Ceres stood there so frighten and so numb that if she'd died, she wouldn't even feel it. Kaname used his vampire speed and grabbed her non-bleeding arm. He used his powers and placed Ceres in unconsciousness. He then erased her memories 5 minutes before. Zero was right besides him when he did it. Kaname told him to carry her to the living room.
 
“What about her wound?”
 
“When she wakes up, just tell her that she accidentally slipped outside and scratched herself.”
 
Zero carried her to the living room. Everyone left him alone or at least stayed in the hallway. Zero placed her on the couch. H wanted to stay and watch over but… he had some unfinished business with Aidou. He walked out the room. But he hadn't notice that the flesh wound Ceres had on her forearm stopped bleeding and was completely healed up. Kaname told Aidou to stand. He did what he was told to do.
 
“Why did you come here?”
 
“I-I have a question about Ceres…”