Vampire Knight Fan Fiction ❯ One Of A Kind (Zero Kiriyu) ❯ Almost Forgotten Memories ( Chapter 10 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Kaname's attention was fully focused on Aidou and the “question” he had for him. There are some things that are better left to be a secret, to never be discovered. And there were times when that truly did apply to the situation. This was one of those times. Kaname was asked-- no pleaded-- never to reveal the truth unless truth be told itself. Kaname knew that Aidou was a very smart character, despite his rather hyper personality. He told Aidou to tell him the question. Aidou hesitated. Kaname, too, looked at him weirdly.
 
“W-What is Ceres?” Aidou bravely spoke.
 
It seemed that everyone, even the Chairman was surprised at what kind of question Aidou asked Kaname. Kaname was known to keep secrets from everyone, even his precious Yuki. It wouldn't surprise most fold if they knew Kaname was guarding a secret but.. If it was a dangerous secret, then does that give everyone the right to know? Kaname asked Aidou to explain the meaning of his question.
 
“S-She reminds me of a pure-blood vampire. In fact, she almost looks like one too. But… her blood obviously tastes like that of a regular human…”
 
Zero softly glared at Aidou. Aidou noticed it out of the corner of his eye. It wasn't even a glare if you would call it. It was more like a sad look. Zero felt guilty, though he didn't need to. He felt as if it was his duty to protect Ceres and he deeply failed. Zero looked away, staring down at the floor as though it was the hole he got himself into.
 
“Aidou. How did her blood taste?”
 
Aidou stared at him in horror. He clamped his mouth. No, it wasn't bad like bad blood but absolutely delicious. Kaname saw his horrid face expression. He felt sorry for him. Then Aidou started to cough. It was small like he just choked on the dust in the air. Kaname was shocked.
 
“Go back Aidou and drink blood bubbles, lots of it”
 
Aidou looked at him weirdly but went back through the kitchen door to drink the blood bubbles. Everyone seemed to stare at Kaname weirdly. Did you try to kill him?, he thought deeply. Kaname went back to class, forgetting that he had business with the Chairman. The Chairman decided to cook up dinner since it was almost 6 o'clock. Ceres was still asleep.
 
The red moon shines upon the sea of blood. A victimizing screams of prey. The sound of blood being drank from your neck. The beautifully hypnotizing evil blood-red eyes. The smeared glass.
 
You must never allow to let a man take hold of your heart. Or you shall forgotten forever
 
Ceres, wake up my child
 
Ceres woke up from her sleep. She sat up to find the rain outside fading away. It seemed that the storm had rolled over away from this area. She was immensely relief. Ceres looked around. Nobody was near her. She looked down at her arm to find gauze wrapped around her arm. She understand a pureblood's power. The ability to wipe memories but she clearly remembered what happened, as thought it happened 5 seconds ago but it didn't more like a couple hours ago. She smelled her own blood. It was so very faint was to her, it was like the whole entire room smelt of blood. She got up and looked around the place for a bathroom to wash it out. She found one and saw no light coming from in the bathroom. She got in the room, locked it and turned the faucet on. The water came to her skin like ice. She scrubbed harshly on her arm to take the scent away. After a couple minutes and many harsh scrubs, the scent finally was gone.
 
She turn it off and went the bathroom after drying herself. To make everyone, if anyone saw her, believed that Ceres had forgotten it, she found some gauze underneath the sink. She started to walk down the hall, hoping that she didn't forget where the living room was until she felt a hand touch her shoulders. She quickly grabbed hold of the hand and using her another free hand, slammed the person against the wall, apparently very hard if she could hear the slam echo down the halls.
 
“OW!” Zero yelled.