Vampire Wars Fan Fiction / +Anima Fan Fiction / Vampire Knight Fan Fiction ❯ Vampire Bites ❯ Chapter 4 Sickness and Desperation ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Chapter 4


Sickness and desperation




The next morning she woke up, Lucifer had comforted her the night before and she was at ease, she glanced beside her and saw Lucifer, his arm around her. She got out of bed and got dressed, she was finally married to Lucifer, she walked onto the balcony. “ Queen lenet is slipping farther away from us, but that is to be expected since she still loves lord Gabriel “ one servant said, talking to her mother.
Lenet looked out towards the sea and the city, back to it’s former glory, it was sunny and warm today again. “ Lenet “ Lucifer groaned, getting up, yawning. She looked at him and smiled, he told her to come her with one finger and she sighed, going to him. “ Yes ?” She asked, crawling towards him on the bed. He wrapped his arms around her and chuckled, kissing her, she kissed back passionately.
He pushed her gently against the bed, she laughed lightly, his mouth went to her ear, love in his eyes. “ I love you and always will lenet, my angel “ he whispered. She smiled at him, love in her eyes, he put his hand on her cheek and kissed her again, she kissed back, moaning a little, he chuckled. There was the knock at the door and they parted, Lucifer sighed and got dressed, lenet opened the door.
Lucifer put on a white shirt and black pants, lenet was talking to a council member about a new war matter. “ Lord Lucifer, we need you to come with us for this matter, make a strategy “ he said, Lucifer nodded and put his cape on, lenet gasped. “ What is it my queen ?” The council member asked, worried. Lucifer put his hand on her shoulder, she shook her head and smiled at him. “ I’m fine, it’s nothing “ she said.
Lucifer nodded and kissed her, she kissed back and he left, sending a servant into her room for her. “ Queen lenet what is wrong ?” She asked, sitting down with her on the bed, worried. Lenet didn’t answer and rushed into the bathroom, the servant followed, rubbing her back, lenet coughed up a lot of blood. “ Lily don’t tell Lucifer about this “ lenet said, after she laid down on the bed with lily’s help.
Lily nodded and lenet smiled, she sprang up and coughed up more blood, lily gasped. “ Lily, I caught this sickness when Gabriel died, a year after he died….trying to find a way to bring him back “ she said, her eyes widened as she coughed up more. Lily gasped and got a washcloth wiping the blood off lenet’s mouth. “ It’s a miracle it hasn’t killed me yet, but this year it will “ she said, coughing up more.
A pulse went through lenet as she gasped, her eyes wide, lily caught her falling body and called a guard. “ Help me get her to our hospital, do not tell lord Lucifer, she doesn’t want him to know about this “ lily told him, sad, worried. The guard nodded and took her to the hospital, they got her heart stable and hooked tubes to her, she was in a coma. “ Gabriel “ she whispered, before she slipped into darkness.
Two hours passed and lily was at her side, sad and worried, everyone was too. “ Lily “ she whispered, smiling, she gripped her hand, tightly. Lily smiled and hugged her, she hugged back, crying. “ Lily can you call Lucifer and move me to where the cherry blossoms are, I want to see them bloom “ she said, smiling weakly. Lily nodded and left, they moved her to where the cherry blossoms were at.
Lucifer and the council were in the middle of the conversation when lily burst in, panting. “ Get her out of here !” One council member shouted, mad. Two guards grabbed her arms and she got out of them, fear in her eyes, looking at Lucifer. “ Lord Lucifer it’s lady lenet, she’s….she’s dying !” Lily shouted, crying, sad.
Lucifer and the rest of the council members rushed toward where lenet was and gasped, Lucifer’s eyes widened, worry on his face. Lenet looked pale, her breathing shallow, the wind blowing her hair softly. She looked at him and smiled, he rushed toward her, gripping her hand in his, the council members left and servants. “ Lenet, what….what happened ?” He asked, tears in his eyes.
She smiled and coughed up blood a little, he gasped and put his hand on her cheek. “ Lucifer I have to tell you something, it’s a five year old story “ she said, smiling, her eyes hazy. Lucifer’s eyes widened a little, gasping, smiling sadly. “ After Gabriel rescued me, he caught a horrible sickness, if he hadn’t caught it, he wouldn’t have died so easily “ she said, tears running down her cheeks.
She looked at him, love in her eyes, he gripped her hand tighter, sorrow in his eyes. “ Please lenet don’t talk, save your strength “ he pleaded, tears going down his cheeks. She smiled sadly at him, he wiped the tears away, sad. “ Just after our wedding night, he was called to war, that was when I first knew I had a sickness, it was slowly taking my life away, now I won’t make it this time “ she said, sadly, tears brimming in her eyes.
He gripped her body to his tightly, her head on his shoulder. “ No lenet, it can’t take you away from me…. not now…..not after we got married….no” he sobbed, trembling, she embraced him tightly, but was really weak. “ It’s okay Lucifer….. it was bound to happen sometime, just like before,….this war was going to take you away from me…..just like Gabriel “ she murmured, sad.
He looked at her and gasped, there wasn’t any heartbeat, no breathing, her eyes closed.” Lenet ?” He asked, putting his hand on her cheek. A tear ran down her cheek, falling on his chest, she looked at him, smiling sadly, before she died. “ Lucifer keep this pendent “ she whispered, handing it to him. He nodded and grabbed it, she smiled and died, he gasped, tears running down his face, eyes wide.
The guards and servants came in, crying, Lucifer laid her body by the cherry blossoms tree, one blossom falling on her cheek. “ Lenet “ he whispered, crying, trembling. Two hours passed and they buried her body, a gold tombstone in the front, a funeral was held and everyone cried, Lucifer went to his knees, gripping the pendent tightly. “ Lenet goodbye my angel “ he whispered, sadly.
Two months passed and Lucifer had abandoned the kingdom, he was in a forest, looking for anything that could bring his lenet back to him. “ Lenet I will bring you back to me “ he thought, sad, determined. He stopped by a stream and drank some water, a woman’s spirit was watching him, smiling. “ He’s alive “ she thought and disappeared.
Lucifer got up and looked toward where the spirit had been, confused. “ Who was that ?” He muttered, sadly. He got on a horse and went through the forest, she heard a twig snap and looked toward it, it was a hand, he went toward it and gasped. It was a person who looked like lenet, he touched the hand and it disappeared in a yellow, glowing sparks.
Lightning crackled in the sky, he hid under a tree and looked at the falling rain, drops falling on his bare arms. “ Lenet, if I had known about your sickness, could….” he looked down, eyes sad, squinted as tears formed. “ Could I have saved you “ he whispered, tears falling from his eyes. He lifted his head up and slumped down, his back against the tree, something rang and he looked toward the top of a huge tree.
A woman with her hair tied in a ponytail with a red ribbon was standing on top of it, a cell phone at her ear, a smile on her lips. She wore a white tank top and white pants, seeming to glow as black wings came out of her back. Lucifer stood up and looked at her, the clouds parted and the moon shone brightly on her, she had a sword at her side, her eyes green.
She hung up the phone and smiled at him, disappearing, Lucifer went to his knees, gasping, eyes wide, trembling. “ It couldn’t be her, she’s dead, my angel lenet is dead “ he whispered, tears falling on the ground, trembling. The woman was walking down a hall, a man came out of the wall, angry a little. “ How dare you go to the forest, it’s off limits “ he growled, angry.
The woman ignored him and sighed, turning to him, the man gulped. “ Don’t lecture me, you know all to well where I come from “ she snapped, glaring at him. The woman disappeared into the next room and the man breathed in deeply, shaking. “ For being dead, she still scares me “ he muttered, shaky. The woman bowed down to a man in a throne he gave the woman her next assignment. “ You are to kill a demon in the forest, go “ he said, calm.
The woman nodded and disappeared, a smirk on her face, he sighed and looked up. “ Her spirit will not rest, it’s still full of hurt and pain “ he thought and called another person in, giving him an assignment. Meanwhile Lucifer was walking in the forest, tired and hungry, he stopped at another stream and drank the water, sighing.
He stopped and stared at his reflection, smiling sadly. “ What would lenet think of me if she saw me now, I look horrible “ he thought and stood up, leaving his horse there. He saw something glowing and grabbed it, it was a orb, it was glowing a bright orange, sparkling. “ What is this ?” He wondered, looking at it.
He shrugged and put it into his pocket, he continued walking when a loud crash came from his left. He turned around and gasped, eyes wide, it was a huge demon, saliva dripping from it’s fangs, it looked like a dog and a human. “ What the hell ?!” Lucifer thought, pulling out his sword. It saw him and rushed at him, growling, roaring, Lucifer jumped out of the way barley.
The demon hit him, breaking a couple ribs and stabbing him in the stomach, he screamed and crashed into a tree. The demon charged at him again, he stood up shaky, sword raised, blood going down his mouth. “ Lenet, I can’t die here, I have to bring her back !” He murmured, angry. A woman flashed in front of him, sword in hand, she slashed upwards, the demon howled.
She smirked and ran up it’s arm, it slashed at her, she cut off it’s arm, it howled. “ This isn’t tough at all “ she muttered, angry. She cut off it’s head and it collapsed, disappearing in a red smoke, she scoffed and sheathed her sword. Lucifer’s eyes widened as he gasped, the woman looked at her, she looked at him, eyes wide. “ Le…lenet is that….” he couldn’t finish as her fainted, falling forward.
She caught him in her arms and careered him to a stream, tears in her eyes, she smiled. “ What is Lucifer doing here and why is he looking for me ?” Lenet thought, sad. She got to the stream and grabbed a washcloth from her pants, dipping it in the stream. She washed his wound and put her hands on it, healing him. “ Lucifer I missed you, my Lucifer “ she whispered in his ear, smiling.