Vandread Fan Fiction ❯ What do you think? ❯ All alone ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Vandread is MINE ALL MINE! MWAHAHAHAHAH! (Notices FBI car rolling into driveway) AAHHH! (Quickly deletes Vandread is MINE ALL MINE! MWAHAHAHAHAH!) FBI dude points a menacing finger at me and drives away. Whew that was CLOSE! Actually I own squat. (Breaks down crying) *Sniff* Well, except for this…
 
Chapter three: All alone
 
Dita just couldn't understand what had happened to her poor Mr. Alien. She saw him fall to the ground and she reddened a bit when she heard him call her. “He said my name…” However when she noticed that Hibiki wasn't moving anymore, except for his ragged breathing, she quickly screamed. “AAAHHHH, SOMEONE PLEASE GET DOCTOR, MR. ALIEN IS HURT!”
She hoisted Hibiki onto her back, silently thanking him for being so unusually cooperative. Of course, then she realized… Oh no…, he's unconscious!” she screamed in her head. “Don't worry Mr. Alien…” “I'll make sure nothing happens to you…”
As she began her trek to the infirmary, Dita noticed that her earlier cry had gone unnoticed. “Hey, is anyone here?” “Please… someone help us!” “Mr. Alien needs help…”
No one answered…
“Di…ta…?”
“Huh…? Oh, Mr. Alien you're awake!”
“Dita… how many times… tell you…name's…not Mr. Alien…”
“Don't talk Mr. Alien… I'm going to get you Doctor and he'll make you better…”
“You silly… ” Hibiki drifted back into unconsciousness
“Oh no!” “I have to hurry or else Mr. Alien is gonna…” Tears began to pool into Dita's eyes. “No! I mustn't think of things like that” “Mr. Alien is gong to be fine…” ”I'm going to make sure he's okay!” She brightened a little.
“Besides, he hasn't kept his promise to me yet, so I know there's no way he'll leave me yet!”
With new resolution, Dita taxied Hibiki towards the elevator. She was beginning to feel strained, even though Hibiki was smaller than her. “I don't care how tired I get; Mr. Alien is going to that infirmary.” As she pressed the button leading into the Bridge, Hangar, and Medical Ward area, she recalled a particular incident that happened about a week ago.
(flashback)
“Come on Ezra, it's almost there!” Dita encouraged.
“Dita…Hi…biki, there's something I need you to do for me…” Ezra panted. She gripped both Dita and Hibiki's hand. “You two … must… be friendly… with one another… you understand?” Dita and Hibiki looked into each other's eyes for about a second before they both felt embarrassed and pulled away from each other's gaze. But in that space of time, Dita knew she felt something. It was strange; there hadn't been many occasions that this had happened but…
(flashback end)
“When I looked into his eyes…I felt like that's where I belonged.” “I wonder if that's what Mr. Alien thought too…”
*Ding*
Dita carried Hibiki out of the elevator (which thankfully didn't break down this time) and towards the infirmary. “Where is everyone Mr. Alien?” Dita asked Hibiki. The normally busy hallway that led to the bridge was now completely devoid of people.
“Hey… Dita…”
“Mr. Alien you must save your strength!” Dita was now very worried. “Oh no! He sounds much worse than he did before!”
“Dita… why's it… so cold in here… huh…?”
“Oh… poor Mr. Alien…” she whispered to herself. “It's okay, we're almost there…”
“Almost… where?” “To my room?” “Ahh… good, I could use a nap” He nestled his head into Dita's hair. “Mmm… cozy…” Dita blushed profusely at this.
“Oh god, HE'S DELIRIOUS!”
 
She poured on the speed but decided against it for fear of disturbing Hibiki from his “nap”. Fortunately for her (and Hibiki), they were there. She dropped Hibiki onto the sickbed then planted herself into a nearby chair so she could catch her breath. “Doctor?!” No response. “Paiway?!” Nothing. “No way!” “WHERE IS EVERYBODY?”
“They can't hear you.”
 
“What? Who…who said that?
 
“Yo, it's me”
 
“Your name is…Yo?”
 
“Oh god, not this again…” “Look, for the record, my name is NOT Yo, nor will it ever be.”
 
“Ummm…Okay then… Mr. Bigvoice… Do you know where everyone went?
 
*Sound of cars colliding* “Mr….Bigvoice…?”
 
(Pushing fingers together) “Well, since your name's not Yo… and you have a Bigvoice…I thought I'd call you… I mean if you'd prefer something else I could…maybe…
 
(Laughing) “Hahahaha! No, that's why I like you Dita!” “Mr. Bigvoice suits me just fine.”
 
“Great!” Dita said happily
 
“Dita…”
 
“Yes?”
 
“Do you know where everyone is?”
 
She couldn't believe she'd forgotten about poor Mr. Alien. “Oh! Right! Please you must help him!”
 
“Now, now, no need to be ashamed of your blatant disregard for Hibiki's safety.” “After all, I do have that effect on women.
 
“No!” Dita explained “It's not like that at all!”
 
Dita suddenly felt the whole ship bounce up and down.
“AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! Aheh… ahem! “I mean it's… aheh, just that Hibiki's in critical condition and you're just standing there…“Oops! I'm sorry…I…didn't mean to…”
 
Dita was on the verge of tears after hearing the words “critical condition” “Please… You… mu…must tell me wh… where Doctor and the others are…” “So… then…they can help Mr. Al… Alien…” She broke into sobs.
 
“Aaah! No… You don't need to cry…” “Ummm… I'm sorry.” “No more jokes okay?”
 
Dita wiped her face “No it's alright….” *sniff* “I'm sorry, I shouldn't be so sad… it's just… I'm the only one here… and Mr. Alien is…is” The words “critical condition” raced back through her mind.
 
“Don't worry Dita, I will help you”
 
She was surprised of the change in Mr. Bigvoice's, uh, voice. Where it had been very brash, blunt, and (Dita realized, much like Hibiki's), it now sounded caring and sympathetic. “You will!” “Oh, that's wonderful!” “I promise I'll make you a big lunch as thanks!” “Mr. Alien might get a little mad, but I'm sure once I explain it to him he'll be alright.” Dita put on a smile.
 
“That's better… No one likes to see you sad…” “Wait, what the hell are you doing? “Oh crap, of all the times…!” “AAAAAAAHHHHH NOOOOO…
 
“Mr. Bigvoice…?” Dita asked, confused. “Mr. Bigvoice, are you still there?” She was now worried for Mr. Bigvoice too.
“I thought he said he was going to help us…” “I guess… I'll just have to… I'll just have to…” Her vision blurred once more as she looked at Hibiki's pain-racked body lying on the hospital bed. “I just don't know what to do…” “If only Mr. Alien was awake, then we could get through this together…”
Dita tried to hold back her sadness, she knew that Hibiki wouldn't like to see her cry, but just the thought of never seeing anyone on the Nirvana again was too much for her heart to bear…
Memories of all her friends flooded through her mind as she remembered all the good times they had shared. “Meia…” A single tear formed in her left eye.
“Jura…” It fell, tracing a line across her face before falling to the floor…
“Parfait…Bart… Doctor… BC… Barnette…” She would miss all of them so much… they were her only friends…
“The Captain… Gascongne… Ezra…” She had tried as hard as she could, but…
“Pyoro… Misty… Kalulah…Paiway…” She couldn't hold it back any longer…
“Hib…iki…” And then the tears just kept on coming.
 
“I'm all alone. All alone… with a dying crewmate” “A dying crewmate yes… but also a good friend” “A friend that I can't help save…”
 
 
Authors note: You are getting very sleepy… veeeery sleeeepy… wheeen iii cooount to threee, yoouu wiilll revieew myyy stooorryy. Oooonnne… twwwoooo…THREEE …REVIEW!