Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ For A Life Together ❯ Dreaming That Perfect Life, but... ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


Cold sweat dribbled down the side of Van's contorted face, snarling in anger and frustration. He thrashed about in his bed, unable to rid the foul dreams that invaded his weary mind.

She was with him with his arms enclosed over her smaller form while she snuggled against him. Her head tucked away in the crook of his neck. Her breath tickling his neck and her sandy blond hair brushing beneath his chin. He could smell the wondrous fragrance of her silky, soft skin. Her lips murmuring his name, over and over, chanting her love for him. He held her close and all would be well. It would be what he fantasied about; A perfect life with his beloved.

But then someone or something would rip her away from him, away form his protective embrace. He tried to reach for her but something held him back. With all his might he struggled against the force but it was of no use. He sat there watching her as she thrashed about, calling his name desperately as the man would beat her, fondle her roughly and disgustingly. The faceless demon was enjoying the torture he was putting him through; satisfied from her reaction of pain and begging. There were just so many entities holding him back from saving her, preventing him from taking her away from her suffering.

The monster drew out a menacing dagger and sadistically slitted the flawless skin of her throat. Her voice rasped out in agonizing pain and her pleading emerald eyes never left his until they rolled to the back of her head and her limp figure slumped to the ground... dead.

Lifeless.

A languid Hitomi. No more wonderful sounds of her laughing, feeling her loving and caring demeanor... nothing. She was gone. Hitomi was dead.

It was too much to bare, too much to take in. A startling noise arose from his throat and he realized that he was screaming; A blood curdling cry that was from his pain, his agony. His heart breaking like a glass hitting the floor as the millions of pieces shattered, tightening his stomach, causing his lungs to be devoid of oxygen. All from losing her, Hitomi. His friend, his lover... his life.

The entities never released him as he struggled with all his will and battered being and continue to cry out hysterically to her lifeless form.

~~*~~