Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ For A Life Together ❯ A Solution To These Problems ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


"Schezar! Allen Schezar!" The older man jogged his cubby form over to the tall, handsome blond, who was chatting up some of the guards on duty. He stopped in front of him, panting sightly from his short run. The blond turned to the man and greeted him politely.

"Sir, you are needed in the conference room. They had said that they were beginning to speak of sudden urgent matters that had arise concerning the king. They said they will be starting shortly. Please come with me and I will escort you to the room." The man bowed slightly and Allen looked down at him, his complection not giving away his feelings.

"Of course." Allen turned to the guards. "I must be leaving, gentlemen. I will see you again." He turned back to the man. "Shall we, Sir."

Allen made his way over to the conference room with the short, cubby man. He noticed that most of Van's advisers, helpers with money and such, were there all chatting away. One man, in particular, stood up to greet the tall blond.

"Ah, Allen Schezar. It is good that you can make it on such short notice. I am pleased that they were able to find you so quickly." Allen smiled.

"Well, when it involves his majesty, I will make any effort to help him on my behalf." The man nodded, half expecting the kind of loyalty from the people staying in Fanelia and the people the King has helped in the past.

"Good, good. Attention everyone! I want to start on this very serious matter concerning the King." Allen turned serious. He knew that there was something wrong with Van. Hitomi was everything to him and right when she left, he noticed the longing in his eyes and how they would every so often look around, as if she was going to pop up anywhere and say that she was going to stay on Gaea forever. That of course, never happened and it was all downhill from there. His appetite has decreased and his body was shriveling up. He looked all bony and yet he continue to train by himself. But now, he was too tired to even leave his bed chambers.

"The king and his future and what needs to be done." Allen closed his eyes as he tried to think ahead and how to make Van happy.

"We must get him an heir." Allen looked up with shock.

"W-what?" Everyone nodded in agreement and the man sighed.

"Yes, Allen. This is why we call upon you. We need you to go look for the finest women in Gaea for Fanelia's sake. We think this will help him and it will also give the people promise that the Fanel bloodline will continue. It will do him good."

Allen could not believe his ears. He couldn't believe this man. He was not joking either. How could Van just get married after the love of his life left him almost three months ago? Did they not understand that he would definitely not agree to this? Can they not see that he is suffering? Some caring people they are. His anger got the best of him.

"No. How can you even think about marring him off now?"

"Well, he just turned of age."

"Can't you see he's already suffering from what happened three months ago? Don't you understand that he wouldn't want to be with anyone else because he's still in love?" The man shook his head slowly.

"But that is not our problem if he is "in love" as you say. He cannot just get married to any harlot in the slums. We just have to worry about Fanelia, the people, expenses and-"

"Harlot! Hitomi saved your ass! All of you! If it wasn't for her, no one would be alive! But now that she is gone, you should be able to see his suffering!"

"As we do Schezar, but-"

"Is it not your responsibility for his well being? Van is grieving over the woman that saved us and that took his heart. He has stopped eating, practicing. He is not caring from himself as he should be. I thought this meeting was about that. About how you can help him be healthier to make decisions, to make a better Fanelia! Don't you think it is important to have a healthy king?" He finish, panting slightly from his outburst and anger. The man looked a little guilty and glanced over to the other people in the meeting; They did not offer the man any condolences.

"We have seen this but concluded to join him and another princess in matrimony and thus the Queen would undertake the obligation of caring for and keeping track of the King's health; to get his mind off of things at the moment…"

"So you want him to basically screw her every time he feels stress or thinks about Hitomi?"

The man did not expect Allen to use such vulgar language.

"Respect those around you, young man! Especially, in front of those that are women."

"Maybe you should watch what you say because you obviously think that women are only here to relive your stress through pleasuring you!"

The man shot him a nasty glare as Allen turned and stormed out of the room.

Allen could not take this anymore. Here Van was wasting away his life because Hitomi wasn't here. He knew that it means so much to him to want to be with her and that his love was overpowering him, but couldn't he stay healthy and mourn? Guess those options didn't come as a pair.

Van had to get serious. He was a king and needed to take care of all the people in his kingdom. They needed him yet here he was waiting his life away for someone who probably was not coming back. It was hard for him too. He cares a great deal for the blond beauty also. But then he could understand that if the council knew of his condition and how there was absolutely nothing they could do. They would want an offspring to the throne when Van's time would come up and he would pass away and leave his country.

Allen's long determined strides were taking him throughout the palace quickly.

But they can prevent this if only they would try to help his condition…maybe give him a little false hope that he can see her again. Allen finally arrived at Van's door and took in a deep breath. He didn't want to storm in with a hothead attitude. That wouldn't help any. He opened the door and looked to the bed where Van was sitting and stopped dead in his tracks. Van was emanating a pinkish light. He could then see the pendant around his neck glowing brightly. The power from that tiny pendant was enveloping Van in a light of its astonishing power. Van was on the bed with only a towel around his narrow hips and left the rest of his body open for the cool air to dry off his dampened skin.

Suddenly, he saw a figure appear in front of him. His heart was racing as he made out small details of a woman with short blond hair and a slim body. Another bright light caught his attention and it was a card that she was holding. "Hitomi?" Van whispered. The dumbfounded king reached his hand out to the her face and caressed it softly and they did not hesitate any longer as they embraced. Van was actually holding the ghostly figure. She was really there, in a sense. He noticed the look on Van's face and almost did not recognize him. He looked like the Van from three months ago. He still had the thinness and the darkened circles beneath his eyes but the look of pure happiness was etched upon his face like a little kid getting a gift he's always wanted, that he was waiting for.

"Oh Hitomi!" There were tears slowly falling down his cheeks. He heard her whisper his name and at that moment he knew he should leave them alone. Van needed this moment. They needed this moment and he was sure that whatever she said or did to him would be a good thing but when she left him, he would probably start again. 'We'll deal with that when the time comes.' He backed away slowly and closed the door without a sound. 'There is hope after all. Maybe, just maybe Hitomi might be able to return to us.'

~~*~~