Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ For A Life Together ❯ Hearts Race, Love Unfolds When Sienna & Emerald Meet ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Van exited his bathroom and wandered over to his bed. He noticed that a maid had snuck into his room and gathered some of his dirty clothes and tidied up the place. It didn't bother him as he slumped into his bed and just held his pendant. There wasn't any use anymore. He felt like dying. He wanted to see her so badly. The feeling was almost overpowering like he needed her to survive. He gripped the pendant and remembered what he said.

<"All we have to do is think about each other and we can see each other anytime we want.">

Why couldn't he see her now? Was she supposed to be thinking about him at the same time? Is that how it worked? So did this mean that she never thought of him? Van's heart constricted at that thought. Maybe she felt that they will never be with each other any more and did move on. What if Merle was right and was able to see it clearer before he did?

He shook his head as he leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees. His hands cupped his forehead as he shook it softly. He felt his dampened, ebony locks against his pale and chilled hands that yearned to touch the beautiful skin of the woman that has taken his heart and soul.

"Hitomi. Please, I need you."

~~*~~

Hitomi awoke from her restless slumber. Her body felt nothing like it usually did. Her tired frame screamed to get more rest but the amount that it wanted will never happen because she would be in bed all day. But it seemed that no matter how much she did try to rest, her thoughts kept her tossing and turning.

"Hitomi"

She immediately stopped breathing, straining her ears on what she thought she heard.

'Oh god. I'm going crazy.' She thought as she exhaled slowly and shakily. It sounded too much like him and she was not going to start again.

She pushed herself off of her back to sit cross-legged. The sound of something that fell to the ground caught her attention and she leaned over to look to the floor, rubbing one eye to see the card face up and in the same position that it was in before.

"Again!" She picked it up and settled back into the same position. "It doesn't matter how much I tell myself that I will be able to see you again. It will *never* happen!" Her anger was not able to stay as she only sunk in reality. "I could never love another like you, Van. I never did love anyone but you." She closed her eyes as a tear made its way out. It seemed as though she did nothing but cry all day. Maybe she needed to just go out with someone else. Maybe it was time for her to move on. But no matter what she had thought, her heart knew better and all it did was crave Van. Her mind had joined forces with her heart so she would never forget. "Oh Van. I need you so much."

Without her realizing at first, the card started to glow, sending power through her hand and enveloping her body. Feeling somewhat of an odd, warm tingle, she opened her eyes to see the card glowing brightly, pulsating every few seconds and suddenly a feather appeared right before her very eyes and gently swayed back and forward until it landed on tarot card. The card grew blindingly bright and Hitomi flinched away, unable to stand the light. When she opened her eyes, there was nothing but darkness.

"What?" She turned every which way frightened. 'Another vision. Yeah, I could be having another vision . . . but I haven't had one in a long time.' There was a small light glowing quiet a distance from her but she could see it. It was the only thing in the darkness that gave her somewhat of a path to go to. She picked herself up from the floor and started towards the light with hesitant steps. Hitomi then broke out in a full dash, running herself to the light. It was getting brighter, bigger and taking on more of a pinkish glow. She reached for it and immediately thought of the first word that tickled her tongue, that rambled through her mind day and night and that held her heart and life.

"Van!"

~~*~~

Van opened his eyes to see a light bouncing his way. It was growing nearer quickly. He didn't even know where he was as he was covered in a strange darkness. Last place he thought he was was in his room, just finishing his scalding bath.

A burst of energy hit him with a force that made him stumble backwards. His knees hit something and he fell on softness. He opened his eyes to meet emerald; Beautiful emerald eyes staring back at him.

"Hitomi?"

"V-Van?" They stayed there, unmoving because they thought this wasn't real. Van did not hesitate any longer as he reached his hand up slowly, waiting for his hand to touch her cheek. His fingers touched the smooth, flushed cheek of her face and they both gasped. He held back no longer as he quickly pulled her against his body and never wanted to let go. It was her! The smell of vanilla in her hair, the softness of her touch. Just the way she felt was wonderful.

"Oh god, Hitomi! I missed you so much." He hugged her to him and just held her. He felt wetness on his shoulder and hesitantly pulled back.

"Van. I-I," The tears were streaming down her face. He reached up his hand and gently wiped away the tears. "Van you don't understand how hard its been without you. I missed you so much and I love you. I love you! I want to be with you forever!" He composed himself and smiled for her.

"I love you too. I need you to be with me." After a moment of feeling the realness between them, he whispered. "It worked."

She smiled and nodded. "The feeling got so overwhelming and I wanted to see you…"

"Your card sent you here?" She shook her head.

"No, well yes but your feather appeared and helped bring me here."

"I was thinking of you. Always. And I'm glad it brought you here." She reached up and ran her hand across his cheek.

"Van." Her eyes glanced over his complection, noticing the small differences of when she last saw him. "What happened to you? You stopped eating?" He looked away but hugged her close to him. She leaned back a bit and cupped his cheek. He did the same and whispered that he was sorry.

"But you don't seem as healthy as you're suppose to be either." He smiled and slid his hand to her neck, bringing her forward, resting his forehead on hers. "Guess it's not a good idea that we're apart, huh?"

She smiled, basking in the love he was showing for her. She closed her eyes and leaned in forward and he pulled her in. Their lips met softly and hesitantly. They pulled away but their lips met again, more familiar and comfortable with their need. The kiss stayed pure and loving as they embraced and gave all the love they had to offer.

Van pulled her against his body, having the feeling of her smaller frame within his grasp. She pulled away and he noticed her small panting and smiled.

"You are so beautiful." The bridge of her nose and her cheeks were flushed.

"Van, how long is this going to last?" The look of shock and hurt grazed his features.

"I will NEVER stop loving you! We are going to be together one day and forever." She smiled lovingly at him and brushed her lips lightly against his own.

"I didn't mean it like that, Van. How long for today? Are we going to be able to do this again? I-I don't want to leave you. You don't understand how hard it is." He nodded, wiping away the tear that slipped down her cheek.

"I don't know Hitomi. If I could, I would stay here forever with you."

"Can we do this everyday?" He nodded.

"It's the only way that I'll stay sane." She giggled lightly at his reply.

"We have to figure out a time. If all we have to do is think about each other and really want to see each other at a certain time-"

"Then we can be together like this." Van finished for her.

"Yeah." She cuddled in his arms.

"At night?" Van asked and she nodded against his chest.

"Eleven-thirty okay for you?" He continued to hold her.

"I always retire to my room at ten-thirty."

"Then eleven." Her breath tickled his ear and he grinned, nuzzling her neck while he felt her hands run over his shoulders to his muscular back.

"Van . . .you just took a shower." She said quietly and amazed at his soft skin.

"Y-you're right. It's not right for me to be in this state in front of you." He started to pull away.

"NO!" He looked down at her a little startled by her outburst. "I mean," she took in a deep breath. "no." He smirked down at her. "I can feel you and you feel wonderful Van."

"I love you with all my heart; All my being. I want you to know that. There is no other. You are my life, my everything."

"Oh, Van. I love you."

Van stared into her green eyes and he leaned down to kiss her shyly. She molded herself against him and he tightened his arms around her. He was loving every second that he was with her. He wanted her to be here forever and to spend the rest of his life with her. They kissed passionately until they began to feel a tingling sensation throughout their whole body. Hitomi pulled away and gasped in shock.

"Van! We're disappearing!" She started to grasp onto him frantically and her eyes quickly filling with tears. Van took a hold of her shoulders and tried to clam her down.

"Tonight, I will see you." She nodded and repeated.

"Tonight at eleven." He wiped away her fallen tears and leaned in for one last kiss. He pulled away and stared at her vanishing form. Hitomi disappeared from him as he was fading from her own sight. The familiar setting of their rooms came into focus and they both collapsed to the bed with a small true smile gracing their lips.

~~*~~