Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ To fulfill your destiny ❯ Trying to know if it was just a dream! ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: You won! I own Escaflowne! It's all mine (Liar)

Well it's not that I didn't want to own it, but I don't and so you all know the stuff. I don't own it or any of the original characters, or places or whatever that as ever appeared on the show, mangas or movie. Happy? (Not mush)

Anyway, I do own my characters and story and everything else, so don't steal it! To steal is a very ugly thing to do. Although I think none of you would do that.

To fulfil your destiny

Chapter 3: Trying to know if it was just a dream!

Hitomi knew very well how to get to Fanelia from here. As soon as she reached the road, she just had to keep moving, passing through a ravine; it was all so familiar to her. The only difference was that last time she had company, and what a company!

Thinking of it, the sadness took over her once more, her whole body trembled at the thought that Van could have another women and a child.

They had kept in touch all this years; he always looked peaceful and very happy. She wanted to think that if he had married he would have told her. But she knew that even if he tried he couldn't tell her. Because they couldn't talk, they just saw each other once and a while.

She washed away her thoughts and concentrated on keeping going to Fanelia.

She didn't expected to get there before nightfall, but she did it.

The sun was setting on the horizon when she came to the end of the ravine. In the distance she could see the beautiful city of Fanelia.

It was already getting dark when she reached the huge gates that were the entrance to the beautiful country that was Fanelia.

"Who's coming?" - a male voice asked as she approached.

"I'm a visitor that comes from …" - were else? She couldn't say that she came from the Mystic Moon! - "…Asturia!"

"Welcome to Fanelia lady!" - the gates were open, so that she could come in.

"Thank you!" - she entered, and the sight amazed her. The city was completely rebuilt, and even more beautiful than the first time she had came here.

There were plenty of people walking around, hurrying up to get home before it gets completely dark, after a day's work.

"Hey missy!" - she looked up to the same man who had opened the gates. - "Can I ask were are you going?"

"To the Palace!" - she answered, aiming at it at the same time.

"Take that horse down there! Or you'll never get there in time!"

"Thanks!" - she said as she waved him goodbye and went to the place were the black horse waited.

"So lady? Are you going to the palace?" - an old men who was holding the horse back said. Hitomi nodded.

"Yes sir! Won't you mind if I take that horse?" - the old man smiled.

"No lady! Actually this horse belongs to Lady Mitra! She left him here, but she asked us to take it to the Palace as soon as we could. So you're doing us a great favour!"

"And who's that Lady Mitra? I never heard of her!" - inside Hitomi feared that he would say she was Van's fiancée or worst, his wife.

"Oh! Mitra is just and ordinary women who happens to be the King's best swordfighter!" - Hitomi sighed with relief - "Something's wrong lady?" - the man asked concerned when she sighed.

"Oh no! It's nothing actually! Is the horse trusty?" - she asked, trying to change the subject.

"This horse! There's no one like him! He would die for you if needed. No one is more trusty than old Tenku here." - the man said as the horse licked is face up. Hitomi laugh a little at the scene.

After, she just said goodbye to the old man and ride the horse back to the Palace.

It was dark already and the streets were empty. The houses were all illuminated and Hitomi could see the people inside having their meal and laughing as the kids played around the house.

It looked all so peaceful to her. She wished she could be like them right now. Just seating at the table with her family.

Her own kids playing around the house, making her laugh with joy, and right next to her she wanted to see him, she wanted to have Van on her side.

She blushed so badly that even a tomato would be ashamed of his light-red colour. How could she be thinking of it? Probably he was already one of those happy families. And here she was, running back to him, hoping that he had waited for her all these years. How stupid could she be? She made the horse stop and got down to the street, slightly illuminated by the street-lamps and by the two moons.

She fell to her knees and started crying out in despair. Then she felt something cold stroking her hair. She looked up and saw Tenku. The beautiful horse was trying to cheer her up. She smiled widely at him and hugged his head close to her. Then the horse released himself and tried to get Hitomi's attention for something.

"What is it Tenku?" - She asked as she noticed how agitated he was. He was trying to point something out. She looked on that direction.

There stood a huge statue, witch looked woody familiar to her. She got closer and read the inscription on it.

`In honour of the ones who saved Gaea and ended the Great War!'

She got back to Tenku and watched the statue better.

It as a statue of Escaflowne, Scherazade, Van, Allen and herself. She smiled as she saw how good her statue was.

"Hitomi! You look very gorgeous as a stone!" - she said as a joke to herself.

"Have you ever met Hitomi?" - a voice from behind her asked.

It was so familiar to her. Even without looking back, even if his voice was kind of different, she knew it was he. - "I suppose you do, because not many people know the name of the girl from the statue! Are you a friend of hers?" - he hadn't recognised her. Ok, she was with her back turned on him, and she was very different, especially considering the long hair. - "Are you from the Mystic Moon! Cause your clothes are really weird!"

"Weird? I believe their `in' on the place I came from!" - she said, deciding to play a little with him. - "And I do know Hitomi. Very well as a matter of fact."

Tenku sweat dropped. Even the horse noticed she was playing around with him. If he could laugh, he would be rolling around the floor at this very instant.

"So how is she? Is she doing fine? I mean is everything okay with her?" - he asked concerned and interested at the same time.

"Well, I'm doing fine really! Thanks for he concerning!" - she said giggling.

"I was kind of referring to Hi … to … mi!" - he said as she turned around. Seeing her face he had no doubt it was her. Before Hitomi could notice, he ran to her and gave her a big hug, lifting her up in the air. - "It's really you Hitomi! God, look at you! You look better than ever." - he said as he calmed down. A bit. She blushed furiously.

"Ugh … Thanks! You look very good too!" - she said, kind of trying to stop the blushing.

"So, when have you returned, and why the hell didn't you tell me it was you before?" - she giggled a little.

"I wanted to play a little around you! And it was very funny, if I may add!" - she said laughing.

"Oh yeah! We'll see about that later, lady!" - he grabbed her hand and she fallowed him close to Tenku.

"Are you the one who was supposed to get Tenku back to the castle?" - he asked as they stopped.

"Well, kind of!" - she answered.

"You know how to ride?" - he asked with a funny face and containing a small laugh.

"What? Do I look dumb to you? What kind of person do you think I am Van Fanel?" - she asked, getting a little angry.

"Alright, alright! I was just joking!" - he tried to defend himself. «Jesus, girls can get pretty mad when they want to!» he thought to himself. - "And up we go!" - Van got on the top of Tenku and sat down. - "Common, let's get back to the Palace! I'm sure Merle will be very glade to see you again!" - he offered his and so that Hitomi could mount too and she did it easily. Then they started riding back to the Palace.

"Van!" - Hitomi called out after some time.

"Yes!" - he answered.

"What happened since I went back to my planet?" - «Oh please get straight to the point! Please tell me if you're married!»

"Well, Many things actually! We've been rebuilding Fanelia and we become one of he most successful countries in Gaea. And now I' being chased by a bunch of princesses who are trying to get married to the successful king of Fanelia."

BANG! She was ruined. He had said it all. Probably he had chosen one of hose dirty princesses to be his wife and Hitomi was just an old friend who had come to visit them.

"Of course … I hadn't chose one yet, and my advisors are about to kill me, because they think I should've done it since I was eighteen!

LIGHT! The light got back to her life! He wasn't married and he hadn't a fiancée. She was saved.

Van was amazed as Hitomi hugged him tightly and started crying on his chest.

"What's wrong Hitomi?" - he asked actually concerned.

"Oh, it's nothing!" - she said as she stopped crying and looked back at him. He washed away her tears.

"I don't like seeing you crying. Oh! We're getting to the Palace!"

Hitomi looked at it. It as the most beautiful Palace she had ever seen in her life. Although it was mostly built of timber, it was perfect. She had no words to describe it.

"Majesty, you're late for dinner! The Princess is already on the dinning room, as is Lady Merle!" -Van got down from the horse and helped Hitomi get down too.

"I'm sorry Miller. But it just happens, that I found an old friend on my way back!" - he said to his guard and old friend.

"A friend? Who?" - he looked up to the beautiful lady in front of him and immediately recognised her. He got in one knee and kissed Hitomi's hand. - "It's a pleasure to meet you Lady Hitomi! Words can't describe how honoured I fell to met the legendary Hitomi, who saved us all from the Great War!" - Believe it or not, Hitomi blushed even more than previously.

"For God's sake Miller! I don't think Hitomi likes when people treat her like that. After all she's just a normal lady!" - Van said, as trying to help Hitomi off of her embarrassment.

"He's right Miller! And the pleaser is all mine!" Miller got up and bowed to his King and the lady before leaving.

"Coming?" - Van asked as he leaded her through the Palace. She wet after him, as he took them to the dinning room. - "I would love to take you directly to your chambers, but I'm sure you're hungry too. So let's just eat first, than I'll show you around!" - she nodded and Van asked the guards to open the huge door that leaded to the dinning-room.

"Van! What took you so long? Merle and me are in here for almost and hour!" - Hitomi looked inside, at where the voice had came from.

«NO!» - there, at the table, was the girl of her dreams. She had no doubt about it. «But if she's here, it means … that I'm not going to win this war!» - she fought hardly not to let the tears come.

She couldn't say if it had been a dream or a very distant vision, but for her, it was all lost now!

Gee! What's going on in this fic after all! Why can't I decide if it was or not a vision! God, I like this game!

How was it? Bullshit wasn't it? Anyway, I would love some reviews! You know, just to cheer me up! Oh please!!!

I'm knelling on the floor and pleading to the God's that I actually get some reviews.

Well see you next time!

***

#Ana Nunes#