Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ To fulfill your destiny ❯ Enemies as we've become! ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own them! I mean the originals of course. But I own all the characters I've created.

To fulfil your destiny

"Van! What took you so long? Merle and me are in here for almost and hour!" - Hitomi looked inside, at where the voice had came from.

«NO!» - there, at the table, was the girl of her dreams. She had no doubt about it. «But if she's here, it means … that I'm not going to win this war!» - she fought hardly not to let the tears come.

She couldn't say if it had been a dream or a very distant vision, but for her, it was all lost now!

Chapter 4: Enemies we've become.

"My dear Lumia, I was with an old friend of mine! And you two could've had dinner without my royal presence!" - he said sarcastically.

"Well, my dear Van! It wouldn't be very polite, now would it?" - she replied sarcastically.

Lumia was a Basram princess. She had light-brown hair, not too long, but not short either. She had vivid yellow eyes, like all of the royal family from Basram.

"I wouldn't mind!" - Van said smiling.

"And who was that friend you were talking about?"

"HITOMI!" - Merle ran on her cat-like-way and threw Hitomi to the floor as she jumped over her. - "You're back! You're finally here! Were have you been? Why did you let you're hair grow so big? Where are those stupid cloths of yours? What have you been doing all this years? Why didn't you come earlier?"

"Uou Merle! Calm down! I'm glade to see you too but this way I'm not going to be able to answer all your questions!"

"Oh! Right!" - Merle got up and helped Hitomi up.

"Thanks!" - Hitomi said.

"Shall we take a seat?" - Van asked as he opened one arm to the table.

"Of course!" - Merle said at the same time she pushed Hitomi along with her.

They sat down and soon started eating. The all of sudden

"Wait a second!" - Lumia said. - "Are you THE Hitomi? The one who saved us from the Great War?" - Hitomi smiled weakly.

"Sort of!" - Lumia got up from her seat and went to where Hitomi was.

"My God! I never thought I would meet you! It's an honour to have dinner with you!" - the princess bowed at Hitomi and she felt kind of embarrassed.

"Please your majesty! I should be the one to be honoured! After all you're the royalty, not me!"

"Hitomi?" - The princess looked deep into Hitomi's eyes. - "You really don't know how mush people respect you here in Gaea? You are a Godess to all of us!" - Hitomi sweatdroped and was more embarrassed than ever. - "The girl from the Mystic Moon, with the power to see the future and the past! The one who can see beyond the eyes reach the one who can see thought your soul!" - she said dramatically.

"That's a little bit exaggerated version of my power!" - she said timidly.

"Don't you try to hide your own power! All of Gaea knows that you are our saviour and that your love is what keeps Gaea away from war!" - Van and Hitomi both blushed. Merle struggled not to laugh. - "Wait until my Dad gets to know that I've met you! He's going to be freaked out!" - she got back to her seat, giggling like a little kid.

@£@£@£@£@£@

"So, are you going to tell her?" - Merle asked, as she sat down on her bed.

"Why don't you tell her yourself?" why do I have to be the one giving her the bad news?" - Merle looked up at him strangely.

"Well, that's kind of obvious, isn't it?" - he smirked and got out of the room. - "He is so in love!" - she said giggling.

@£@£@£@£@£@

Hitomi was in her room, when someone knocked at the door.

"Come in! The door's open!" - the door cracked a little as it was opened. As Van entered, Hitomi could say he was afraid of something.

"Hitomi, I've got something very important to tell you!" - Hitomi swallowed hard.

«I'm not mentally prepared for this! All I want is to jump out from that window! He's going to say it! I know it! I'm going to die if he tells me he is to marry Lumia!»

Van saw how Hitomi's expression changed and was worried.

"Is everything ok Hitomi?" - she nodded and he continued. - "It's about Asturia!" - she sighed in relief. - "We are at war!" - her eyes wined up beyond imagination.

"W-What?" - Van looked down. It hurted him as mush as it hurted her to know it. - "You mean Fanelia is in war with Asturia?" - Van nodded. - "But why? You were supposed to be allies!"

"It's a long story! But it was Asturia who decided that war was the best way! If it was for me, there would be no war!"

"What happened Van?" - he saw the tears coming down her face and walked towards her, 'whipping' them away.

"You see … Lumia came here along with her guards, one of them was a man called Sphinx. Allen was in Fanelia when they arrived, and Sphinx wanted to spar with Allen. Of course he accepted

The next day, during the sparing, Celena had a sudden 'attack' and became Dilandau again, Allen tried to stop him, as did Sphinx, when Dilandau caught Allen's sword he tried to kill him, but it was Sphinx the one who died. Of course I had no other choice. I had to ban Celena and Dilandau fro my country. Allen than decided he too should never come back. After a week, Mirana sent me a letter of displease, saying that with my act I had automatically declared war against Asturia!" - he finished saying that after all none of that was his fault.

"I understand! But it doesn't look like Mirana's to do that! Something is not right!" - she said after a while.

"You're right! Nothing is right since she decided to marry that bastard!" - he said furiously.

"I believe you're not referring to Dryden!" - he nodded. - "Than who?"

"Some stupid guy named Yuso. She met him about a year ago, and since then, we haven't even seen each other! If you ask me, he was praying to the Gods, asking for and excuse to declare war against Fanelia!" - Hitomi was surprised at his statement.

"That's quite unlikely! Don't you think?" - he said no.

"You don't know him Hitomi! He's a scrupulous man. All that matters to him is power, nothing more!"

"How could Mirana marry him? And … what happened to Dryden?" - he looks at her pitifully. There was so mush she knew so little about.

"I believe she married because she loved him! And about Dryden I don't know! No one knows anything about him, since he left Asturia, on the end of the Great War.

"Weird! I wonder where he might be!"

"If he still is somewhere!" - Hitomi looked at him strangely. Was he really suggesting that Dryden was dead?

And thinking that she was expecting to find Gaea happily restored from the Great War. How life can turn around in so little time!

Yes! Asturia is at war with Fanelia. And about what happened to Dilly, You'll know soon enough.

See you around. And please review!

***

#Ana Nunes#