Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ To fulfill your destiny ❯ The Bakas interruption! ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Escaflowne or any of its original characters. But I do own the characters I've created and this story and all that stuff you know so well.

OH MY GOD! I'M SO SORRY! It took me so long to writte this chapter. ARGH! I hate myself!

Many thanks to everyone who reviewed, like Han, Angel of Light, Lola, Lovin Vegeta, Lace, Jenn and Kyia. I love you! You were the ones who gave me the strength to continue. Man, work sucks sometimes! Well R&R, hope you enjoy this!

To fulfil your destiny

#Previous Chapter#: "I'll tell you the secret as soon as we return!"

"What more secrets do you want to tell me about!" - one more punch on the head.

"God damn you Hitomi! Now my head hurts again!" - he said as he put his hand on his head.

"That's my point!" - she said as she laughed.

Chapter 6: The Baka's interruption!

They flied for a couple of hours, nothing happened gratefully!

*Van don't you think it's strange that no one has located us yet? I mean … they always spot us miles before we get to Bas'ram!* - a voice came from nowhere. Hitomi looked frantically around, like crazy, trying to find the source of that voice.

Van pressed a button on the 'weird cloak' that he had on his right wrist and spoke - "Maybe they're up to something! Keep alert!"

Hitomi made a puzzled expression, and all those questioning marks appeared around her.

#Clear that!# - and the voice faded.

"Anô … ????" - Hitomi said reluctantly from behind Van. - "What as that?" - Van looked at her with a more puzzled face than her. Than it changed to are-you-a-complete-jerk expression and he aimed a finger at his cloak.

"DAH! This is an intercommunicator! I thought you Earthian people knew what that was! Remember? That stuff that makes possible to talk with other people who also have one of this? Know what I mean?" - he asked, almost as if he was talking to a three-years-old kid.

She made a hurt expression and turned her face away. - "I know what an intercommunicator is … but how did you get those?"

He turned his face back to the front of Escaflowne. - "Yamatzo made them for us!"

"Who's Ya … matzo?" - Hitomi asked curious.

"My top - top sorcerer! He's the smartest guy I know … and the youngest too!" - Van said while smiling at the thought of the young Yamatzo.

"How old is he? And why haven't I met him yet?" - She said while almost strangling Van.

"Gah … Hi - to - mi … s - t - o - p … t - h - a - t !" - Finally Hitomi let go of his neck and Van tried to catch up his breath.

"Why do you always hide things from me?" - she asked putting on her best puppy face. Van couldn't contain his laugh. - "What's so funny?" - she yelled at him.

"Neh, Hitomi! You never asked me! Why would I tell you about him? and he's fourteen!"

"So young!" - she exclaimed admired.

"Yup! And … I don't hide things from you!" - he yelled … only now her words got to him ( … s … l … o …w …:p …)

Hitomi busted out laughing, and it was his time to put on his best hurt face.

But they soon were to be interrupted - * Van, there's an Asturian fly ship approaching, ahead of you! * - Van frowned.

"Hei Van … Why do the soldiers call you for your first name?" - she asked trying to break the tension a little bit.

"They're my friends Hitomi! Just like you and everybody else!" - his face expression didn't change a bit as he said this words.

«Friends?!» - Hitomi thought, her face showing her disappointment towards his words. - «Is that all I am for him? A friend?» - Van noticed her sudden change of humour and gave her his best smile.

"Don't worry Hitomi! We can deal with an Asturian ship!" - she gave him her best fake smile. Just to make him believe that everything was fine, and trying to convince herself of that too.

«I'm not worried about the stupid Asturians! I'm worried about us! Van you don't you get it?»

Van pressed once again the button of his cloak and spoke - " Lethia, Nino, get your butts up here! Now!" (Doesn't even sound like Van at all! I like it! ;p)

* Coming! * - the two voices came at the same time.

"Hey, Hitomi! Are you ready for this?" - she nodded slightly and Van sighed. - "I knew I should've left you in Fanelia … where it was safe!"

"NANI!?!" - Van shivered under her yell. - "You don't even think that I would let you come alone, so that you could make out with Lumia! NEVER!" - and just then she realized what she had just said and she turned 1000 shades of red. Van just smirked (after recovering from all the yelling! :p) - "I …mean …I! - Hitomi wanted to say something that would take away what she had said previously, but nothing would come out!"

"You know something Hitomi?" - Van started, but Hitomi couldn't look up at him. She was too embarrassed. - "You look really cute when you're blushing!" - with that he managed to make her get even redder ( as if that was possible) - "And I really like to get to know that you're so worries about my relationship with other girls! But you should know by now that I have only eyes for one person!" - after that, Hitomi gathered the enough strength to look up, but he wasn't facing her.

"And who should that person be?" - she was somewhat afraid of the answer. But deep down she knew what the answer would be.

Hitomi couldn't see, but Van was actually turning redder than her. (Is this some blushing contest?)

"That person is …"

"Hey Van, we're here!" - Nino yelled from his Guymelef, that was right next to Escaflowne.

"What now? Should we attack them first?" - Lethia asked when he too got to the other side of Escaflowne.

"BAKAS!" - Van yelled suddenly. - "YOU RUINED EVERYTHING!" - Lethia and Nino looked at him with the dumbest faces of Gaea, and soon Hitomi joined them. "Do you have a perfect timing or what? I was in the middle of a serious conversation here!"

for some long moments there was only complete silence. Besides the noises of the two flying ships. One from Bas'ram and the other, a little further on, was from Asturia.

"Yow Boss, if that's the problem …just go ahead with your serious conversation! We ain't here!" - Nino added and Lethia nodded.

"Jerks …" - Van muttered under his breath. - "We'll continue our conversation later. Ok Hitomi?" - she just nodded, dumbfounded.

I'M DONE! For today, that's all I have. I know that you were awaiting for something big …huge … humongous …anything but this. But I'm so tired in the last months. Besides My mom doesn't let me come to the computer on weekdays. On Saturdays I have to clean the house. On Sundays I always go out with my dad. STUPID LIFE!

I promise I'll try to do it faster.

Anyways, please R&R, It means so mush to me. Like it does to everybody else.

I Love you, so know that you're reading this, just REVIEW!

Bye

***

[Ana Nunes]