Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Two souls ... two destinies ❯ Are you the same? ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: as everyone knows, I don't own the originals characters, story or anything else that appears on the show or mangas. But I do own the characters that I created, and the plot, so it's mine … All Mine! I won't get any profit over this, so don't sue me. Hope you enjoy your reading!!!!

The vision of Escaflowne: Two souls … two destinies

Chapter 16: Are you the same?

#Previously: Marta and Van get to a 'deal' and both understood it was better for them not to stay together. Marta went to dance, and Van met Ureshiu. Allen met Soru and at the end we get to know that today is Marta's and Kamatary's birthday. Happy birthday to you …#

"Fanelia will be MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" - Marta turned around, catching with her look, a grey Guymelef with golden adjustments. «The same that attacked us the other time! Fucking bastard!» This time the city was being attacked by Zardus' entire army. But there was no sign of Zardus, or Yuki, neither Ureshiu and less Soru.

5 guys with swords simultaneously attacked Marta. She easily got rid of four of them, the younger ones, but the older was tuff ride. She had mush difficulty avoiding his attacks, and couldn't get to harm him. He was a very skilled swordsman, and her lucky was that her weapon was bigger and resistant. The crack of sword against the hard wood, and metal, echoed through her head, she was getting dizzy and the repetitive movements she did to avoid him, were slowing her down and making her go sick. Her stomach was about to blow off at any second. To try in some way, to distract him, she decided to make some questions. - "Where is your leader? Where's Zardus?" - the man looked surprised by how she knew his' boss name, but he didn't slow down, not a little bit.

"We are here, by specific orders!" - he stated, breathless and almost cutting Marta's face. - "Sotski is in charge of this mission!" - Marta lost her concentration, and with a single movement, the man launched her weapon far away, and hit her belly. Marta yelled in pain and some blood came from her mouth, she was about to throw out her whole meal … and she did it, she threw off to the man's face. He got sick, and knelled on the floor and Marta knocked him out.

"There goes my lunch!" - she said, while grabbing her belly with all her might, and knelling on the floor. She felt as if she was about to pass out at any moment. And then, again, she felt that bright light teletransporting her. Happily she was recovering and slowly her pain disappeared. She opened her eyes and observed Van fighting against the grey Guymelef. Whoever he was, he was strong and was giving Van some not-easy-task. But they were not alone. Allen was fighting with a bunch of Guymelefs and there were some other that were just watching.

Along with Marta were the other girls. Christina, Hitomi, Merle, Farge and Celena. «Why the Hell did they brought us here?» Marta asked herself, while getting up from the hot sand. Merle jumped over her and gave her a smashing hug.

"I'm so glade you're Ok!" - Marta smiled and hugged her back. The others stepped forward, to the place where Marta was.

"Think Van can win?" - Chris asked after some silent moments, were only the sound of metal against metal was heard and felt.

"Maybe!" - Hitomi said. The others sighed heavily.

"Kill the girls!" - the six heard Sotski's orders towards his soldiers. They got scared and stepped back a little, as three Guymelefs stepped forward to them. Merle got behind Marta and the others started to slowly split out. - "Especially the one with the short black hair!" - Sotski added, giggling.

"What? Why you?" - Merle asked after hearing Sotski's orders. Marta, as the others, continued stepping back.

"Maybe cause he knows I'm Yuki's sister!" - Marta answered. Marta and Merle stepped in straight line. Farge and Chris went to the left; Hitomi and Celena went to the right, grabbing each other's hand.

The guymelefs started running towards them, and they began to spread apart, running for their lifes. Eventually Celena got lost from the others.

She ran through the desert's sand, breathless, being chased by a blue Guymelef. She fell to the ground, and immediately got up, but it was too late. She placed her arms in front of her head and yelled for help, as the Guymelef prepared to slash her in two.

"Celena!" - Allen yelled desperately, as he could do nothing to save her, because he was fighting with five Guymelefs.

"BROTHER!" - Celena thought that were going to be her last words.

A bright light evolved the place, as a loud sound was heard. The sound of metal against metal.

Celena still kept her eyes closed but she could hear a new fight and she could fell two swords above her head, almost hitting her. Then she heard one Guymelef being cut in two and the one who was inside, yelling from pain.

"CELENA!" - she felt warm arms wrapping around her. - "You're ok! I'm so glade!" - she opened her eyes, to meet his.

"Soru!" - she started crying and she put her arms around his neck, resting her head on his shoulders. - "You came to save me! I thought I was going to die!" - he smiled, glade that he had come in time.

"Soru is from the enemy?" - Allen asked, at the same time that Yuki and Ureshiu helped him finishing the guymelefs that moments ago were attacking him.

"You only noticed that now?" - Yuki asked after finishing the work and breathing very hardly.

"Why are you helping us?" - Allen asked, looking around and finding Van and Zardus fighting side by side, to defeat Sotski.

"We are not helping you! We're helping ourselves by destroying the traitors!" - Allen smirked.

"Right!"

"YOU'LL NEVER DEFEAT ME!" - Sotski pressed a button, right before Zardus' sword cut him in two.

"Thanks … I guess!" - Van said uncertainly.

"Don't thank me! My war has just begun!" - he turned around and walked close to Yuki and Ureshiu. Hitomi, Merle, Chris and Farge walked over to where Marta stood.

The floor under them started shaking and a weird sound was heard.

"He turned on the cataclysm machine! We have to get out of here now!" - Ureshiu yelled while taking off. The ground started opening under them and they had nowhere to run to.

Soru picked up Celena with the Guymelef's hand and took flight. Van changed Escaflowne into a dragon, while Allen escaped away from the desert.

"AAAAAHHHHHHHHH!" - the four girls yelled as they fell to the darkness beneath.

"HITOMI, MERLE, MARTA, CHRIS! FARGE!" - he jumped off from Escaflowne and opened his wings. But he knew he couldn't save them all at the same time.

"Yuki?" - Soru called out. - "Use your wings!" - he yelled at her.

"I can't! I'm too weak!" -he could see by her breathing that she was talking the truth. The wholes were too small for a Guymelef to enter and save them. So … it was up to Van.

He shut his wings, so he could go faster. He saw the first one and grabbed her. Quite after he caught up Chris and took her and Hitomi up. Knowing that he wouldn't get on time to save the other three.

"Think he can make it?" - Soru asked to Celena that was becoming sad at every minute.

"I hope so!" - they looked up, as they saw Van coming out with two girls. He gave them to Zardus, who kept them safe in the air. Van immediately flight away, to the whole again. While that, flames and lava were covering the landscape.

The three girls stopped screaming and closed their eyes. There was no more hope for them. They say that when you are going to die, all your life appears in front of your eyes … well it's true …

Marta's eyes wined up as she remembered everything. She let out a yell of pain, as her wings fought for freedom.

The whole place was covered with a white light. Van had to get back to the surface cause he couldn't see a thing. - "Damn!" - The light disappeared and they all look into the place where once the girls fell. - "Marta?"

It was dark. The night was high and the two moons stood in the sky … as they always did.

The three girls landed safely on the floor beneath, as the lava and destruction had already seized. Farge and Merle fell on their knees, thanking God for still being alive. The third just looked down.

The five Guymelefs landed near them. Hitomi and Chris got off from Zardus Guymelef's hand and walked over to their friends.

"Marta!" - Chris called out. - "Why are your wings red?" - everyone looked at her wings. Light red … a weird color. She moved her wings a little, so that she herself could see their color without having to face the others. She didn't answer when everyone was waiting for an answer. - "Is everything ok Marta?" - Chris asked after a while.

"Don't ever call me that!" - everyone looked at her in awe. She lifted her head up and what they saw amazed them. Her eyes were completely white … with no sign of her once beautiful green eyes.

"What the …" - Chris muttered.

"Kami!" - Yuki jumped over her sister, crying with happiness. And she retrieved her sister's hug. - "I knew you would remember sooner or later!"

"I want to go now Yuki!" - Yuki let go of her and entered her Guymelef's cockpit, closing it and taking flight along with Kamatary.

"Where are you going?" - Chris asked seeing her lift up, along with Zardus, Ureshiu and Soru.

"I'm going to the place where I belong!" - she gave a last sight at Van and took flight with all the others.

"What does she mean by that?" - Farge asked not understanding a think.

Van looked down for a while and then climbed up Escaflowne. - "Let's go home girls!" - they all turned around to see him and nodded, climbing up and leaving to Fanelia.

~*~*~

"Welcome to your new home!" - Zardus said as they entered his underground fortress. For a fortress it was quite 'warmy and cozy'. There were some places that look colder … but they were less.

"Thanks!" - she said as they leaded her in her new bedroom.

"Sure! It was my pleasure and it's nice to have you back!" - He kissed her on the forehead and left along with his sister. Kami stood alone with her sister.

"I can't believe you're back!" - Kami smiled at her older sister. - "I missed you!" - tears started flooding in her eyes and Kami walked over to her.

"Don't cry sis! I hate to see you like that!" - Yuki stopped and smiled at her.

"Kami?" - she called out. - "Why are your wings red?" - Kami looked down at her feet.

"I don't know!" - she turned around and sat on the edge of her bed. - "Could you please leave me alone!" - she asked.

"But …" - Yuki protested.

"Please Yuki!" - she pleaded. Yuki nodded and left the room, closing the door behind her.

Kami lay down on the bed and looked at the roof. She put her hands behind her head and closed her eyes. Falling asleep quite after.

~*~*~

"Farge! You're ok!" - Farge jumped into Drid's arms and crying on his shoulders from happiness. They all got in to their respective rooms. Van, on his side, went to the throne room were his advisors reported the damages of the city. Van was even more devastated for the number of people who had died.

"STOP!" - he yelled. Interrupting Kokato. - "I can't bare anymore of this for today. I need some rest!" - Kokato saw him leaving the room and didn't even bother asking where was Lady Marta.

Van walked over to his private quarters and fell asleep as soon as he got his head on the pillow.

~*~*~

Kami spend the next morning with her sister, telling her about all the years. But she decided not to tell her that she had been rapped, or anything about her relationship with Van. She thought it was better that way.

After lunch she got out, saying that she need to go somewhere.

She landed on Fanelia's forest. Her wings were still red and definitely she didn't knew why. She walked along until she got to clear land.

Among the destruction you could say that once there was a village in there. Kami looked to the place where the main square once was … and there was the same statue that was on the avenue of Fanelia. The one with the Healy and the Draconian.

She got closer and read: 'In honor of an entire civilization destroyed by the hate of one. Hope your souls rest in peace, cause your memory will stay forever in our hearts!'

"What took you so long?" - From behind the statue came the one she most missed and also the one she couldn't bare to see now. - "I've waited all morning!"

"That's none of your business!" - she said trying to make him go away.

"I believe you have some explanation to give to me!" - he said while walking towards her. She still kept her wings out.

"We have nothing to talk about!" - she said coldly.

"First, can I know why are your wings red? I've seen them green, black, grey, yellow, white, even blue … but it's the first time I see them red!" - she looked into his eyes.

"That was what I would like to know!" - Van smiled seeing that she was pretending to be cold.

"You're so beautiful when you're mean!" - he took his hand to her face and cherished her.

"Could you quit that off? I'm not a child anymore!" - and she got away from him.

I'll leave it this way! The next chapter is about their childhood together. You know … a flashback.chapter!

I know this chapter was boring! I started working and I have less than no time to write … so … when I do it, I suck.

I'll try to do better next time! Sorry!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry, but probably the next chapters will take long, cause I'm working and I have no time, but I would love to have at least 10 reviews, not that I will be waiting for them, but … it would be nice! And thanks to all the six people who reviewed. My heroes! :)

***

#Ana Nunes#