Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Young Luv <3 <3 ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(*Alrighty, folks, onto chapter two. So how do u like it so far?? ne?? ne?? hehehe…ok so most of this chapter is going to be flashbacks cuz I LUV flashbacks and ive only done one in mai fic so far and that wasn't a fun flashback either…*teehee* I PROMISE u, the flashbacks in this chapter are going to be quite…umm funny I guess *bwahahahahahaaa* so on with the chapter!!*)

Chapter Two

"Well then, Mr. Albatou, have a seat." Said the detention teacher, scooting her glasses up her nose as she looked at the papers in her hand. Dilandau took a seat while staring coldly at the other people in the room.

"Hmmm…only three today. Now tell me, what misconduct did you students carry out?

"I was wasn't `paying attention'." Yukari responded dully, taking to a slouch like Van.

Van casually waved his arm up while saying in a cool voice, "Same here."

The detention teacher raised her brow, "What teacher would send a student for not `paying attention', now just what did you do-."

"All three of us have Mr. Liim." Yukari stated, giving the teacher a look.

"Well…that makes sense…and were you not `paying attention', Mr. Albatou?" the detention teacher turned her attention to the back of the classroom in the left corner, where Dilandau sat, arms crossed.

"No…I whooped some gay fruit. Payback." He responded like it was nothing.

Amano!! Yukari thought, concerned. She turned her eyes to Van. They looked at each other with the same face.

"Don't speak crudely in detention, Mr. Albatou." Dilandau flipped her off as she turned around and wrote her name on the chalkboard, "My name is Ms. Gretchin, and all you will be doing here until your detention time is up is work. Nothing else. No talk, no notes, no communication. You two in the front make leave at first lunch, because Liim is an idiot. But you, Mr. Albatou, have been in here several times, and I personally do not like you, so you will be here all today and next week. Do I make myself clear?"

"You freaking act like I've never been in here before every single time I show up." he snidely remarked, while muttering, "wench".

Ms. Gretchin gave a look to Dilandau and ignored his remarks. She sat down at her desk and with ease replied, "Get to work. I hope you brought your assignments in here." Then she raised her eyebrows at the three and leaned back, relaxing, bathing in her power. Dilandau muttered a few more things and Van pulled out some things out of his backpack with a bored face. Yukari raised her hand

"Ms. Gretchin, may I go to the restroom?" she replied, a tinge of worry in her voice.

"Why?"

"Umm…well, you know…"

"What?"

Yukari got up, and before Ms. Gretchin could tell her to sit back down she leaned into her ear and whispered some words. A look of understanding dawned upon the teacher's face.

"Ok then, but fill out the pass. If you are gone for more than ten minutes, then I will send the AP's on you."

"Oh, so she gets to go off easy." Came a sarcastic voice from the back of the room.

"Shut up Albatou." The teacher replied, her eyes never wavering from the magazine before her. Yukari and Van grinned at each other as Yukari dashed out the door, red pass in hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

"Mano-Chan!!" Yukari exclaimed as she burst into the nurse's office. Amano lay on one of the plastic beds, giving Yukari a pathetic look.

"Oh my goodness, are you ok?!" she whispered. She petted his right hand gently, cooing. Amano blushed lightly at the affection

"How'd you know I was in here?" He asked.

"Well, Dilandau was sent to detention along with me and Van, and he said he beat you up, so…" She looked down at her lap, "I'm just real sorry he did that to you." Yukari looked up at him, biting her lip.

"Yeah, well, guess I kinda deserve it…I shouldn't have assumed with a guy like him." He grinned casually at her. She smiled back sweetly.

The nurse approached the two, "Excuse me, young lady, but did you get permission to see Mr. Kincaid?" An eyebrow was raised at the two.

Yukari stood up and looked down at her feet, "Well, not really, but…I heard what happened to Amano and I just had to see him…"

The nurse crossed her arms, "If he your boyfri-."

"No!!" Yukari cut off, a bit more harshly than she intended, "I mean…no, we're just friends, good friends."

Then, suddenly, the door burst open again. A sandy-haired girl ran up to the bed, panting.

"Amano, are you all right?!" Hitomi exclaimed, grasping his hands in her own.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine…why are all you ladies so worried about me?" Amano grinned again, now more comically.

Hitomi kept on cooing over Amano while Yukari whispered to the nurse, "…He's her boyfriend." Yukari and the nurse giggled, covering their mouths as they continued observing the two.

"Oh, Amano, where did he hurt you…" then, Hitomi stopped, sensing Yukari giggling. Yukari only giggled when she did something mean. Hitomi snapped her head to face Yukari, and gave her a look. Yukari smiled, looking the picture of innocence.

Hitomi sighed, and turned back around to worry about Amano.

"I should be leaving now…" Yukari said with a giggle and a wave, flaunting out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

Van turned the page to his manga, tucked away in his Lit book. He glanced at the detention teacher again. She still sat there, reading her magazine, never suspecting Van's disobedience. He figured that since he never does his work anyways, then why do it in detention?

He chuckled to himself, and sank deeper into his chair, not really paying attention to his manga anymore but to past memories…

*Woohoo!! Flashbacks!!*

"But mama, I dun wanna play with a stinky boy!!" Yukari pouted to her mother.

"Oh, boys aren't that bad!! Besides, he's new to the neighborhood and needs a friend." Yukari's mother held her daughter's hand as they crossed the street, "Watch for cars, pumpkin."

Yukari didn't say anything, too miffed to talk. They walked across the pavement, reaching the sidewalk to the house across from theirs.

"Oh, what pretty little flowers!! Look, Yukari!!" her mother exclaimed, pointing.

"Pretty." Yukari stated blandly.

Her mother furrowed her brows. Her daughter sure was strange for a little girl…she liked being by herself and never laughed. She didn't like dolls or flowers or any other girl things. She sighed. Poor little Yukari…

They approached the door, Yukari promptly yanking her hand out of her mother's. Mrs. Ogari rang the doorbell.

A few moments later, a thin pretty lady with long black hair opened the door, "Oh, you must be my new neighbors!! Glad to meet you!!" she said happily as she took Mrs. Ogari's hand promptly, shaking it hard.

"Glad to meet you too, and welcome to the neighborhood!!" Yukari's mother said, a little surprised by her new neighbor's greeting, "We heard you had a little boy, and, well, we figured he might need a friend, so…meet Yukari!!"

Yukari didn't even look up at the woman, "Nice to meet you."

Her mother snapped at her daughter, "Now, Yukari, be polite!!"

The black haired lady laughed lightly, "It's ok…by the way, my name is Varie Fanel. Let me go get Van…" Then, Mrs. Fanel stepped inside her door, and yelled loudly up to the balcony, "VAN!! COME MEET YOUR NEW NEIGHBORS!!"

A high voice rang out as a little boy plunked down the stairs after a few moments, "Coming, mama!!" he landed with a thump at the bottom, and ran out the door. He stopped when he saw Mrs. Ogari and her daughter, and blushed with shyness.

"Ohh, he is adorable!!" Mrs. Ogari exclaimed, bending down and looking into his face, "Just how old are you, anyways."

Van held up six fingers, and said, "Four and a half."

Yukari's mother laughed, and stood back up, "Now, Yukari, say hi to Van…" she gently pushed her forward to face him. Van grinned and shook her hand just as hard as his mother had. Yukari blushed and Van giggled, his wild black hair bobbing. The two mothers smiled.

"Come upstairs and see my room!!" Van yelled as he ran into the house, Yukari chased after him, giggling.

Mrs. Fanel looked up after them, still smiling. She turned back to Yukari's mother and said, "She can stay over for awhile. It's nice meeting you…" she shook Mrs. Ogari's hand again.

"Oh, and my name is Fiona Ogari. If you ever need anything I live right across the street."

"Great. I'll holler when I need you. Bye bye!!" Mrs. Fanel bid Mrs. Ogari farewell.

(*bleh that was SO cheesy…*)

***

"Hai?" Yukari picked up her ringing phone.

"Hey Yukari!! I got this awesome new anime, I want you to see it!!" Van said excitedly back.

Yukari rolled her eyes. Van and his love for anime…

"Yeah, I'll be over in a minute."

"Cool!!" Van hung up the phone with a bang.

Yukari placed her yellow phone back into its case. "He's such a nerd when he's excited…" then she laughed lightly, and jumped off her bed to head downstairs…

…"Hey mama, can I go over to Van's?" Yukari said loudly as she thumped down the carpeted steps.

"Yeah, I guess." Her mother said, slicing vegetables, "Did you finish your homework?"

"Yeah…" Yukari lied as she slipped into some flip-flops and headed out the door.

*Van's house*

Yukari rang the doorbell. She stood there for a few moments before she saw a blurry figure through the door's glass approach.

"Well, hey there, Yukari. Guess Van invited you over?" Mrs. Fanel said sweetly, like always.

"Yeah." Yukari smiled at her.

"Well, come on in. Van's upstairs." Mrs. Fanel moved out of the way to let Yukari in. She slipped through the door and up the stairs…

…"Hey Van." Yukari greeted as she plopped beside Van on the floor. He was playing a video game.

"Hey…" he said, his glazed eyes never leaving the TV screen as he clicked the buttons on the controller a million miles a minute in a synchronized pattern. Yukari rolled her eyes. Van and his other love, video games.

She knew there was no point in bothering him now, so she looked at his walls. They were covered in poster of anime characters, manga characters, video game characters, drawings, more characters, and did I mention characters? She looked over at his desk on the right side of the room, his run-down computer and printer sitting on it. A scrolling marquee sped across his screen, saying "I HATE U". His desk was littered in papers, and none of them were homework or school-related…they were either prints of web comics, anime-girl pictures, (Van: "Sailormoon is so freaking hot!!" Yukari: "…") or fan fiction that he wrote. He sure was a weird kid, because he liked gore and video games like other guys, but he still liked to draw anime and write fan fiction. Yukari smiled at this. Then, she turned her attention to the left side of his room, where his stereo sat. It was covered in old plates and cups from probably years ago (Van is a pig ^^;) .

Then, a flash on the TV screen made Yukari turn her head. Van gaped unbelievingly at the GAME OVER displayed on the screen. Then, he lost his temper and yelled, "GOD DAMMIT!!" and threw his controller at the TV, watching it go dink against the glass. Then, he stood up, hunched over, breathing raggedly. After awhile, he straightened up, and sat back down on the floor next to Yukari, and took a deep breath with his eyes closed. Then, he turned to Yukari, and asked, "Do you want to see that anime now?"

Yukari burst out laughing, and Van grinned. "Van, you're crazy, you know that?"

"Yeah, I know." He gave her his classic grin that was only for her.

"Anywho, yeah, let's watch that anime…" Yukari watched Van get up and rummage under his bed. He pulled something out, but Yukari couldn't see him. Then, he stood up and hid whatever he had behind his back, and walked slowly up to Yukari with a big grin on his face. Yukari laughed.

Then, he sat down in front of Yukari, and handed her a tape, still in it's plastic cover and with a big bow on it.

"Happy 13th birthday, Yukari."

Yukari looked down at the tape. It was of her favorite anime series, Fushigi Yugi (*heeheehee!! I luuuv F/Y*). The last tape of the series, in perfect condition. It wasn't even out yet in America…

"Van…where did you get this?" Yukari asked, unbelievingly.

"Oh, I have my ways." Van added a malicious grin onto his sly words.

"You know, my birthday isn't for another week…"

"Yeah, well, I knew you would beat me up for not giving it to you sooner, and I wanna watch it too."

"Yeah, but it's a shojo anime."

"I dun care!! And I was tempted to get that new tape of DBZ…"

"Ahhhhgg!! No!! You know I hate that show…" Then, Yukari giggled, and gave Van a hug, "Thanks man…"

***

"Good morning, class." A middle-aged woman said heartily to her class.

"Good morning, Ms. Brayer." Came the automatic monotonous greeting.

Yukari sat in her chair, unamused by her surroundings. Mornings suck…

"We have a new addition to our eigth grade class today, Ms. Hitomi Kanzaki. Class, say hello to Ms. Kanzaki.

"Hello Hitomi." The same dull collection of voices rang out with a few murmurs here and there.

Hitomi looked at the class. She tried to hide her nervousness but failed.

Yukari: God she looks like a freakin French model wannabe with her hair like that…

Van: heehee she's pretty…

"Ms. Kanzaki, you can sit next to Yukari." The plump teacher pointed to the seat right of the red head.

Yukari sank lower into her seat.

Hitomi sat in her desk, the rest of the class quiet. She cleared her throat, nervous of all the eyes that scrutinized her. She shifted slightly in her seat. She glanced at Yukari. Yukari gave her an evil look, then raised her eyebrow. Hitomi looked back at her desk, and coughed lightly…

*later that day*

"Hey Van." Yukari greeted Van in an airy tone. Amano and two of his other friends sat around him. Yukari took the seat across from Van.

Van was looking at something over Yukari's shoulder. Yukari raised her brow at him, and then he yelled in a friendly tone, "Hitomi, come over here!!"

Yukari eyes grew, and she turned around quickly. There stood the new girl. She watched as she turned and smiled at Van, and came up to the table.

"You need a place to sit?" Van questioned, smiling flirtatiously. Yukari frowned at him. He could do damage with that smile…

"Yeah…" Hitomi said back shyly, tucking a longer piece of hair behind her ear.

"Then sit next to Yukari…" Van said slyly. She shot him a look of hatred.

"Ok then…" Hitomi said, and sat down next to Yukari. Hitomi looked warily with her green eyes at Yukari again, and the red head just looked back. Hitomi shifted in her seat again, and sipped at her drink.

"So, where did you come from?" Van asked, gazing into the new girl's eyes.

"Umm, France." Hitomi blushed.

Ugh she is from France… Yukari thought.

"That's a beautiful country. You know any French?"

"Yes, it is. I do know some, but I'm not fluent."

"That's great." Van kept on gazing. Hitomi got redder and redder. Then, one of Van's friends came to the table, and plopped down next to the new girl, bumping her. A splash of pink fell into her lap.

"Oh, sorry chick."

"Oh, t-that's ok." Hitomi grabbed a napkin and started wiping her lap.

Yukari observed this, "Girl, that dinky little napkin isn't going to get that drink out."

"Then take her to the bathroom and help her clean up." Van suggested, grinning slyly again at his friend. Yukari gave him another look.

"Fine. Come on Hitomi." Yukari muttered as she stood up and turned to the restroom.

"Coming…" Hitomi said, standing up slowly, looking at the stain. She sighed and followed after Yukari, trying to cover up the pink.

*in the bathroom*

"Here." Yukari handed Hitomi a wad of wet paper towels.

"Thanks." Hitomi took the towels and started wiping her blue and white uniform. Yukari leaned against a sink, crossing her arms.

After a while, Hitomi said bluntly, "Yukari, why don't you like me?"

"…"

"I mean, I don't know what I did wrong. I just sat down next to you and you gave me this look."

"I do that to all new people."

"O…k…do you know Van?"

"Apparently."

"He's real nice."

"He flirts with all the new girls for a week and then either ignores them entirely or just treats them like a…I guess a friend. So don't get your hopes up."

"Ok…I wasn't, anyways…umm, how long have you known him?"

"Since I was four."

"Wow…that's a long time."

"Yeah. I know."

"…Umm, are you two like `best friends'?"

"Yeah, I guess. We hang out a lot."

"That's cool. So…I just want to know…will you always treat me like…you know…you have today?"
"Hitomi, are you asking me to be your friend? `Cuz I dunno if I can do that."

"…"

"Well?"

"Well, I'd like a friend. But…if you don't like me then that's ok."

"Fine. I'll be nice to you. Are you done yet?"

"…Yeah. Let's go." Hitomi threw the paper towels away, brushing at her wet pleated skirt. Then, they headed out the bathroom door and back to their lunch table…

*End of Flashbacks (sniff sniff)*

"Van, wake up." Van heard a whisper in his ear as someone kicked him lightly.

"Huh? What is it?" Van answered drowsily.

"It's lunch you dork." Yukari said, a little louder. The room was empty except for them. He could hear people rushing outside the closed door.

"You slept through the lunch bell." Yukari giggled. Van gave her a look and stood up, adjusting his tight black shirt and baggy jeans, gathering his (manga) books.

"Hmm…guess you got out of wearing your "nice school clothes" today?" Yukari questioned, poking his chest.

"Yeah. I even payed the five bucks this time. The uniforms are so gay…" Then, the two sauntered out the door, heading to the cafeteria.

(*WOOHOO that was a really long chapter…*cough* ok so I intended mai flashbacks to be a lil funnier, but…yeah it really only explained how they all met. Bleh. And just to letcha know:

*Yukari and Van were both four when they met, although Van is a bit older

*In the second flashback both Yukari and Van were 13, so they were in seventh grade.

*In the third flashback they were in eighth grade so they were all 14

*Right now in the story they're sophomores in high school so they're all 16

*Yeah, so I didn't make a flashback on how they all met Amano, but…this chapter was getting too frickin long!! I needed to end it ahhhhhhhhh!!!! Hey, who knows, maybe in the future I'll do one…hehehe maybe how he turned gay, too (u know I luv flashbacks I wont be able to stand it if I dun write ne-more in mai story!! ^_~ *)