Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Young Luv <3 <3 ❯ Chapter Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(*Howdy-ho folks…things are great, ne? Do you like meh story?? eh?? Eh?? *cough* so on wit da chapter!!*)

CHAPTER THREE

"So…what all happened while I checked out?" Van asked curiously as he and Yukari treaded down the hall to their lockers.

"Hmm…nothing much. Amano's beat up, and DON'T make fun of him for it." Yukari looked at Van sternly as she warned him.

Van grinned with a sly voice, "Whatever are you talkin' bout Kari? I'd never think of such a thing!!"

"It's bad to lie Van so you're sinnin' either way." Yukari giggled and grabbed onto his arm playfully.

Once they reached their lockers they started flipping the dials on the blue metal doors. Van (was trying to) put away his books and Yukari took out her lunch.

"Hey, why the hell was Dilandau not in there when the bell rang?" Van asked as he tried to cram his books into the mess that was his locker.

"Hmm, he was excused to leave for lunch." Yukari clicked her nails together as she leaned against the locker next to Van's.

"Great…see? Who said cramming lockers was a bad habit?" Van stood back from the open locker with a grin, the contents from the locker about to burst.

Yukari stood back as the books and papers shifted and a rain of processed tree fell to the tacky-colored carpet. Van gaped.

"Ha ha!!"

"Whaa!? Damn you!! I had it perfect!!" Van said hot-headedly, swinging his head to face Yukari…who was laughing hysterically (*teehee*) .

"You spent five minutes cramming that all in and it just fell all back out. Loser." Yukari pinched the bridge of her nose, reliving an old inside-joke between the two.

"Ahh, dun pinch your nose at me harpie. Now help me pick this up…"

"Wha!? No way!!" Yukari stood back, being over-dramatic.

"Too bad girly you're gonna help." Van grinned and bent down to shuffle the papers, waiting for Yukari to join.

"Oh fine…it's probably not going to be picked up by the end of lunch, though, you nerd." Yukari bent down and leafed through the mess, laughing and joking with Van.

As they started throwing the papers everywhere, trying to organize, a whistle strolled down the hall, hands in pockets and a cool look on it's face.

Yukari heard someone approaching, and turned around to see no one but Jeff. Her life-long tormenter. She gave him a angry face as he talked to her in a smooth voice.

"…Hey there Yukari. Hitomi's downstairs, and she's waiting for you to give her a kiss. Everyone in the cafeteria is amused to know about your new sexual status, ne?"

He grinned triumphantly, winning another small battle in their war. Van furrowed his eyebrows and looked at him.

"Get the hell away." He responded in a threatening voice. This was his battle, too…(*Jeff is mean ^_~*)

"Oh yeah, but I forgot about your `friend', Yukari…bet you make out with him every chance you get."

Van stood up and had Jeff against the lockers in one swift, fluid movement, too blurry for Yukari to follow and too fast for Jeff to respond. He leaned close into the now scared face, and whispered most intimidatingly, "For one, I wrote the poem you jerk. Two, you only dream of kissing Yukari. Three, me and Yukari are friends, so stay out of our business or else I'll have to beat you up. Got it?"

Jeff nodded. Van had never been so upfront and aggressive before, so he was *very* surprised. Van narrowed his eyes and glared into his face for a few more seconds before letting go of his neck, Jeff sliding to the floor. The once confident guy was now scared out of his wits, his eyes huge and blank.

Van looked down at his nose at Jeff, his clenched fists at his sides, "And since you volunteered to come up here, then you can finish cleaning out my locker, too." Van grinned maliciously before turning on his heel. He grabbed the gaping Yukari up off the floor and dragged her out of the hall, heading for the cafeteria downstairs. She stumbled along as he grinned evilly the whole way, Yukari dumbfounded by his actions.

Damn he's devoted…was all that Yukari could think.

(*Why the hell would some guy that hates Van want to clean out his locker? I'd just get up and walk away ^^; …*)

***

"…And so I scared the crap outta him!!" Van razed over his triumph again, devouring his Frito Pie. Yukari rolled her eyes and Hitomi screeched, excited by his exaggerated version.

"Wow, Van, you're so sexy when you banter about your manly escapades." Amano batted his eyelashes, and laughed gaily, Hitomi laughing with him. Yukari shook with silent laughter with an amused look on her face.

"AMANO promise to NEVER call me sexy again, ok?" Van said, embarrassed as other tables started looking at him. He scratched his head and grinned at the other people.

"Hmm, but I know exactly who you think is sexy, ne?" Amano said slowly and deliberately, raising an eyebrow with a sly smile.

"Stop that!!" Van blushed as Amano turned his smile into an intimate grin(*ooh bay-bay lol*).

"Ok, are you blushing at the fact that he knows who you think is sexy is sitting right at this moment with us or the fact that Amano is giving you a kinky grin?" Yukari giggled as he swiveled his head in her direction, giving her a look.

"Hmm, Van, were you just feeling poetic about Hitomi's face, or…"

"Shaddup!!" he cut in, exasperated.

"Hmm, Amano, I haven't ever seen Van blush this bad before in my life…maybe it's because he has the hots for Hitomi." Yukari smiled innocently as he gaped at her. Hitomi kept quiet, munching on her sandwich casually.

"Ooh, admit it Van, you have naughty thoughts about Hitomi." Hitomi nearly dropped her sandwich at Yukari's words.

"I do not have naughty thoughts about Hitomi!!" Van was bright red.

"Hehe, but you DO have thoughts about her, right? They do say a man thinks about sex every six seconds in the entirety of his lifetime…" Yukari hooked herself onto his arm affectionately. Hitomi's innocent eyes were huge, too shocked to believe that her friends were having this conversation right in front of her. Amano frowned at Yukari fawning over Van, but he chose to let it not bother his and continued on.

"Well then, then that does mean he has naughty thoughts about Hitomi, Yukari-Chan." Amano grinned at Hitomi. This time she DID drop her sandwich.

"Very true, Amano-Sama, love doctor for us kids." Yukari patted Van's chest in an assuring manner.

Van, boiling by now, wrenched his arm free from Yukari and burst out, "SHADDUP!! I DO NOT HAVE NAUGHTY THOUGHTS ABOUT HITOMI!!"

Yukari and Amano burst out laughing at the sight of Van standing up with his arms hanging like a puppet's in the air, a crazed look on his face. Hitomi giggled a little with them, but was still in shock (*what a little goody-good*). Van sat down slowly and hung his head, even more embarrassed now because practically the whole cafeteria heard what he said.

Yukari pinched his cheek and made cooing noises at him, "Aww, look, little Junior experiences the feeling called embarrassment."

Hitomi and Yukari giggled, Amano grinning insanely at it all, and Van just sat there, brooding with a red face. The group didn't see the group of preps standing up and stalking toward their table with smirks on their faces.

"Well, hey there Yukari." Said the same girl with pink hair that addressed her curtly that morning, "Jeff was telling us all about your dreams about Hitomi that you told him. Guess dance-boy here is rubbing off onto you, ne?"

"Go away." Yukari said calmly, switching moods instantaneously.

"Guys, please, you know that Jeff was lying. Yukari didn't even write the poem." Hitomi pleaded with them.

A tall girl with long black hair snorted derisively, looking down at Hitomi, "Yeah, well, how do you know?"

Hitomi jutted her chin out, and responded in a stern voice, "Because I do. Get it?" Here little eyebrows furrowed together. She looked like a four-year-old talking back to a grown-up.

The two groups squared off verbally some more while another group, Jeff with them, approached the table."

"Hey look, it's the gay people table. Faggots only."

"Don't saying that Jeff." Hitomi said to him softly, her eyes diverted.

"Oh yeah?" Jeff leered at her, smiling smugly and getting in her face.

"Yeah." Hitomi's eyes looked straight into his, narrowing.

Amano spoke up, a meek look on his face, "Eh, folks, there's no need to get all weird over such a stupid issue…"

"Shut up gay boy." Jeff responded, turning his eyes away for a second.

The taunting and jeering went on for another five minutes. Hitomi broke down started crying under all the pressure, too upset at her former friends. Yukari crossed her arms and ignored them, an indignant look on her face. Amano whispered comforting words to Hitomi, and Van was boiling on the inside.

Finally, Van couldn't stand it anymore. People were spreading false rumors about his best friend and were making his crush cry.

He stood up dramatically, and yelled for the whole cafeteria to hear, "I WROTE THE GODDAMN POEM!! JUST SHUT UP AND LEAVE US ALONE!!"

All the talking stopped abruptly. A pin could have dropped and it would be louder then all the bodies in the cafeteria. Everyone gaped at Van, seeing him so enraged.

Then, being the rash one, Jeff yelled out in a wavering voice, "W-well, he's just lying!!"

Van blinked at him, and sat down. He started working on his Frito Pie again, the mass of people dissipating from the table. A soft hubbub of voices filled the silence before turning into the normal echoing roar.

"…"

"Eh…Van? Van??" Yukari prodded.

"Just leave me alone." He muttered, totally embarrassed yet still proud for protecting his friends. He glanced at Amano comforting the sniffling Hitomi. Van wished he could do something for her.

"Okie…dokie then." Yukari said, turning away slowly.

(*Eh heh heh, short chapter!! Gah!! The sun is in me eyes!! Cant…type…correctly…slowly…going blind… ANYWHO: …yeah…next chapter is an !EL MUNDO SURPRISE! Chapter *cough cough* a sexy sweaty Van fencing *cough cough* justa letcha know *cough cough* hehehe…yeah and here are mai disclaimers for the chapter:

1) Yukari has bad feelings about annoying preppies, not me…*right*

2) I have nothing against gay people…yeah, I even think they're a little cool…im not sayin im gay but they r wat someone intelligent would call "unique and sensitive" people lalala…

3) I have nothing against the Jeffs of the world, and YEAH…el fin chapter mundo tres*)

(*…and I have really terrible Spanish… ^^; *)