Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Young Luv <3 <3 ❯ Chapter Five ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(*Ba di Ba di Baaaaaaaa…hey hey folks I haven't written a new chappy in awhile, so…I decided to write one ^^; ummmmmm yeah they're headin' on home in this one…wooooooow. Woo-freakin-hoo……………………R 30;….and onto chapter four…………………………. I mean five w/e ^^;………………..*)

Chapter Five

"This has been the absolute most sucky day ever." Yukari whined as she plopped down onto a park bench, holding her head in her hands. School had finally been let out, and now the four friends were outside, ready to walk home.

A group of boys and a few girls passed by, pointing at Hitomi and Yukari. The four looked at them, while they heard, "Oh, wow, they're on the fencing team?!" and, "That's MY kind of girl…" Hitomi turn her head around and grinned at Yukari. Yukari didn't grin back.

"Oh, it could be worse, Yukari…" Hitomi patted her friend's back comfortingly.

"Uhh, how?" Yukari muttered, looking up at Hitomi with her hands poised.

Hitomi held up her index finger, "Well, there could have been an awful car wreck and your parents could've died or else Amano could have a bloody broken nose or like the fencing guys could've raped us or the country could've been invaded by enemy military forces or Van could've eaten bad Frito Pies and died of food poisoning or I could've slipped and fallen into the sewer while we were walking out the school…"

"What the HELL are you talking about?" Yukari raised an eyebrow at Hitomi, scowling. She didn't want to put up with any more junk.

Hitomi got a clueless look on her face, placing an index finger on her cheek as she looked up at the tree branches suspended above the group, "Well, I was just thinking of other awful things that could've happened…want me to think of mo-."

"NO." yelled Van, Amano, and Yukari instantaneously. Hitomi blinked, letting her hand drop to her side.

"Hey, `Kari, it aint the end of the world…" Van patted her back, sitting next to her.

Yukari smacked his hand away, "People know that I was in the FENCING class, I got busted for some sappy poem that YOU wrote, and now people think I'm a freaking LESBIAN!!" Yukari stood up and stared down at Van, narrowing her eyes. Van gulped, his eyes wide.

"Well, it aint all that bad, being on the other side…" Amamo said meekly, standing next to the seated Van.

"I'm not GAY, Amano!!" Yukari yelled, waving her fist in his face. Van started laughing at the sight.

"Plus, probably every FREAKING guy in school likes Hitomi, while they think I'm a lesb', literally." Yukari hissed, swiveling and pointing a finger at Hitomi. Yipe. So she was more upset then they realized

Another group passed by, "Jeff was so lying, Yukari isn't like that." Rochelle, being among them, added, "And Amano is so sweet, who wants to pick on him?"

"See, it isn't all that bad…just a little gossip, that's all. No one's slamming you." Amano smiled and patted her shoulder. She smacked it away too. Amano frowned.

Yukari plopped back down on the bench. She sighed, "It…just hasn't been the loveliest of days, y'know? I think…the worst part was your gay little friends, `Tomi…"

Hitomi softened, "I'm sorry…I told ya, I don't really like them much anymore."Yukari sat on the bench between Van and Hitomi, two of the greatest people in her life. She shut her eyes, and opened them back up. Her vision blurred, and she started blinking rapidly, trying to hold the tears back. Her day had been too much.

Yukari leaned forward to hide her face in her hands, and she started sobbing uncontrollably. Van and Hitomi, totally startled, leaned forward with her, each placing a hand on her back to still her shaking (* <<< the ever-forgiving friends*). Amano stood next to where Van sat, too stunned to move. He wanted to comfort her so bad, but didn't know how to do so. She trusted Van and Hitomi more.

"I-I'm sorry, guys…I didn't mean that Hitomi…and it's ok, Van, I shouldn't have been reading your stuff...now you've been embarrassed in front of the whole school…" Yukari said in muffled gasps. Amano narrowed his eyes. Sure, he got his ass kicked and she didn't even give a damn anymore, but she apologizes over tears (That were probably meant just to get attention) to the other two.

"It's `k, `Kari. Today's been rough…" Van said softly.

Hitomi patted her friend's back, trying to calm her, when she spotted a group of four girls that she had seen teasing Yukari earlier. They strutted over with smug looks on their faces, hands on swiveling hips in a casual manner. They strolled on over until they were about seven feet away from the four friends. They started giggling and pointing, an occasional laugh and a covered mouth. The stopped when they noticed Yukari shaking with sobs. Amano turned his narrowed eyes at the group. Hitomi gave them a disappointed face too, saying to them silently look what you've done. They looked at Yukari, with regretful faces, the giggles dieing.

The lead girl watched the group for a few more seconds, before waving at the other three girls with her hand and a quiet, "Let's go…" Hitomi watched them walk away silently, a few peering over their shoulders. Hitomi patted Yukari's back softly again before watching the other four girls disappear over a small hill of sunset-lighted pavement…

The four companions strolled down a sidewalk, watching the sun dip closer and closer to the Earth. Yukari sniffled here and there, but otherwise she was herself again.

"Hey…maybe you guys could come over to my house tonight." Van said cheerily, holding his arms out. No one said anything.

"Eh…ok, maybe not…" he put his arms back down, frowning at the ground

"No, it sounds like a great idea. Huh, Yukari." Hitomi shook her friend's shoulder, smiling.

"Absolutely stunning and fabulous." Yukari rolled her eyes.

"Why so sarcastic, Yukari dear?" Amano asked while batting his eyelashes, shifting his backpack.

"'Cause, I'm at Van's all the time, that's why."

"…Well, WE'RE not!!" Hitomi yelled, "I say we go." She stopped and pointed a finger to the air, the other three stopping with her.

"Mmm-kay, my mom should say yes. She likes you guys." Van said. Then he stuck his free hand in his pocket and started shuffling his feet.

"Well, my mom should let me go…" Hitomi said to the sky.

"Mine too." Amano stated.

"Well, duh, my mom will let me over…" Yukari said blandly.

"Oookay, then it's settled. My house tonight." Van said in a cheesy voice, grinning like a mad man. Yukari rolled her eyes again.

As the group started up their stroll again, Van started whistling an old tune. Hitomi started swinging her purse around her wrist absentmindedly, whistling along with Van…

(*Eh heh heh, that was a STUPID chapter. I tried to be all dramatic in the first part, but…I failed miserably ^^; hehehe, so yeah next chapter, VAN'S HOUSE **bom-bom-booom!!** Woo-freakin-hoo……………heeeeey this is the perfect time (I guess ^^;) to explain their school and such…

oookay, so their school population is SMALL. Like, around 400-450, which is real small for a high school in a normal town.

…and this means that there are fewer classes and such, so that's how they all magically wind up with the same elective period…

…Oh, and btw, Amano takes modern for his elective…^^;

Dunno what an elective is? It's not a core class (math, science, etc) but its not like p.e….say, for example, my electives are art and home economics (stop laughing!!)

Their school is based on a 8-period long day, including advisory (it's like study hall) and their school system is based on the US system (not the Japan system)

They live in America…

They have two lunches…I based this off my school's way of dealing with its small cafeteria…we have first lunch, second lunch, and third lunch, and they run consecutively so that all the students get to eat at about the same time w/o being crammed into one cafeteria at once. This kinda screws with separate people's schedule (like Bobby Joe will have fifth period at a diff time than Susie Ann) but this is my fanfic so the four all magically have the exact same schedule ^^;

Ummm…am I missing something?? Oh yeah, and Amano is a junior (third-year high school student) and the other three are sophomores (second-year high school students) so that's why Amano occasionally refers to the other three as kids, even tho theyre practically the same age ^^;

There's four years in high school where they go…I imagine its about the same in most of the US but u never know…^^;

Oookay enough with the notes im boring u ppl, so…bye-ee pop in l8er!!

-D/Chick*)