Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ A Burning Question ❯ Chapter 5

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

He hasn't said a thing in nearly, oh, five and a half hours. It's a good thing this car has a decent stereo system, the last piece of rental shit that Kritiker dumped on me played cassettes. Cassettes! And when I complained to Manx, she bitchily snapped that it was my fault for having `such a retarded-looking car'. Pretty sure she misunderstands the meaning of that, because my Seven is awesome, straight down the line. Actually, it's probably better that I couldn't take my baby, considering that The Human Glacier grabbed the rental's keys BEFORE they appeared out of Manx's purse. I wouldn't trust that S.O.B. with my car, not when he's been acting like such a dick towards me since this afternoon.
 
 
“Kudoh, we're almost there. You handle the check-in, I'll deal with making our…cover seem legitimate. You better make sure that you don't screw this up, or I will take great pleasure in killing you before Kritiker gets a turn.”
 
 
Geez, someone's snappy. I guess he's still pretty bloody pissed over what we have to do, considering how he fought Manx on it. I bet having to pretend that he actually likes me is tearing him up inside. I wonder what he's gonna do to make it seem legit…I'm truly curious about how he's going to handle this! Oh gods, I can't wait until I can get out of this frigging car, my body doesn't react well to being stuck in the same spot for hours at a time. I like a bit of variety in my…positions, heh, heh. Thank fuck, we've finally stopped, and I'm still alive. This has gotta be some kind of miracle, better call the Vatican and get someone canonized over this one. Now, time to work some Kudoh charm on the…oh, crap, I'm supposed to be gay, aren't I. And taken. How in the Hell am I going to survive without flirting?
 
 
“Okay, Aya, I think I can handle that, I'm not TOTALLY incompetent. And, before you even tell me, I won't flirt with her. I'll flirt with you instead, my handsome gay lover!”
 
 
Oops, that last line may have taken this a little far, but I think the look of shock on the great unemotional one's face for a second there was totally worth the level 6 glare I'm getting now. Aaaand there he goes, jumping out of the car like his ass is on fire. If we're gonna make this look good, I'd better join him; and stay close. He has to realise that I'm milking his discomfort for all it's worth here. Payback for ruining my white jeans, we'll call it! Alrighty, let's get through this check-in without acting hetero…
 
 
“Good evening, Miss. I'm Takase, we have a reservation for the next two nights?”
 
 
So far, so good. Luckily she isn't THAT pretty, I wouldn't sleep with her. So the urge to flirt isn't too serious, especially with Aya standing close enough to cause severe damage if I mess up. I know he could do it without her seeing. Okay, she's turned her back to look at the computer; I can relax for a moment and…HOLY FUCK WHAT THE FUCK IS HE DOING? Aya…Aya just groped my ass! And now his hand has settled on my hip, and he's PLAYING with the hem of my shirt? Who the Hell does he think he is? That…oh. Ohhh, shit, right! Why do I keep forgetting? Enamoured couple, and all!
 
 
“Okay Takase-san, you're in…in…r-r-room 316. I hope you en-enjoy your stay.”
 
 
The poor girl nearly swallowed her tongue when she turned and saw what Aya's hand was doing! I almost feel sorry for her. Aya, for his part, at least removed his hand when he knew she'd seen, and had the decency to look a little embarrassed. But I think that the swipe over my butt on the way back could've been avoided! What d'ya know, Aya's a hentai bastard! He may have won this round, but the war's not over. He's getting one Hell of a questioning tonight.
 
 
“Thankyou. That will be all.”
 
 
Ah, damn, I was standing there, mind blown, and Aya had to take over. He's just itching to glare at me right now, I can tell. But he can't, haha, he has to be nice! Let's see, looks like we're on the third floor. An awkward lift ride awaits! And if we're not the only ones in there, we're gonna have to stand close, keep our cover up. God damn, I wish we had female Weiss members. I could definitely handle getting cosy in a lift with a hot chick…wouldn't be the first time I didn't made it up to the room before we got started…Ah hahaha, there's another couple boarding with us, looks like the loving relationship goes on!
 
 
******
 
 
My God, Kudoh's ass felt good…it looks good too…WOAH. Stop, just, no! I cannot believe this. My mind is a treacherous bastard, lingering on something that was for a mission. A MISSION; it means nothing. The physical contact was merely a necessity to secure our cover, even if the receptionist seemed to appreciate the view. Come on, step out of the elevator, Kudoh CANNOT get even the slightest hint that something is not sitting well. I cannot still feel his body heat where he pressed his side against me, even if my mind is telling me that I can. This is not happening to me; this is NOT HAPPENING!
 
 
******
 
 
“Hey, Aya, you know what would really cement our cover? Making the bed bang against the wall, keeping the poor neighbours up all night. What d'ya reckon?”
 
 
He hasn't said a thing since we got into the room. It's past midnight now; I've tried baiting him, I've tried pestering him, and I even tried outright challenging him. All I got in return was glares of various levels, and the occasional `hn'. Seriously, I still don't know how he goes so long without talking. It's unhealthy. Borderline psychotic.
 
 
“It's late, Kudoh. Either get out, or get some sleep. We're meeting Hidaka and Omi at 10, and you WILL be attending.”
 
 
Ordering me around, is he? Aya's not our leader, I've been in Weiss longer than him. If anything, I should get to order HIM about! Oh, who am I kidding, I've never been good at giving orders. No one listens to the slutty flake. Fine, even though it's before sunrise, I'll lay down for a while. But it's because I want to. Not because he told me to.
 
 
~~~~~~
 
“..Run! Just go on without me, Asuka! Get out of here while you still can……ASUKA!”
 
 
Not again! Over and over, I see her die in front of me. It's almost getting old, watching my one true love get shot in my dreams. Every time, waking up yelling or just short of breath. I hope I didn't yell tonight, Aya will absolutely crucify me if I wake him…Oh Hell, sounds like Aya's doing some heavy breathing of his own over there! Thank the gods this so-called double bed was really just two single beds pushed together, and we could spread `em apart. I wonder what his nightmares are about…or is he dreaming something else? Nah, it's Aya, I doubt that man would ever dream about anything but stabbing people, no innuendo there. Violent bastard.
 
 
“…mmmmm…”
 
 
Okay, maybe that ISN'T a nightmare…unless his nightmares have, ahem, `happy endings'…it's probably still about killing though. Wouldn't surprise me if he gets off on what we do. It's so like him.
 
 
“…ji, oh!”
 
 
…That wasn't...nah, it couldn't have been. It's gotta be like he's always saying; I really am too arrogant. I'm definitely making that up, he could've said anything. Yeah, that's it- all a figment of my imagination! Haha, maybe I should really lay off the booze, I'm clearly going crazy! This Aya we're talking about, Mr Solemn And Untouchable! There's no way.
 
 
“GOD, Yohji!”
 
 
OH FUCK!!!!
 
 
******
 
 
I think he got the message. Self-absorbed idiot, waking me up with his pitiful pining over that dead woman. He should have learnt by now not to cross me. Hopefully, if he thinks that I actually dream about him, which I CERTAINLY don't, he'll get so uncomfortable that he'll leave me alone. And stay OUT of my private life. I had to do something drastic, after the ass-groping only seemed to make him worse. If he's as straight as he says, then having me `wanting' him should surely get him off my back. It's dangerous, trying this just before a mission; but he should be professional enough to not let it affect Weiss. Ah, I feel much more relaxed now. I think the idea of having Kudoh stay away from me is going to greatly improve my sleep patterns.