Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ As We Go Through Life ❯ You're the One? ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Weiβ Kreuz, I am only writing a story about its characters out of likings and hobby, please don't sue me.
A.N. - Finally! The second chapter, hope you guys still read it. Reviews are always welcome, so are suggestions. Have fun reading!

—As We Go Through Life—
By: Emina13
Chapter II: You're The One?
After the guys back at the flower shop finished their breakfasts, they placed the dishes inside the dishwasher to be cleaned and decided that it was time to finally open the shop.
“Well, I'll leave the two of you to your shift then…” Yohji said with a wave of his hand.
He was about to climb back up the stairs to probably resume his abruptly disturbed sleep, but Aya's harsh voice stopped him on his tracks.
“Kudou, you're already up, so why not help us set up the shop?”
Yohji suddenly tensed up. He was really hoping that Aya would let him pass up on helping open up the shop. But then again, Aya isn't the type of person that wouldn't let anything pass by.
Aya's eyes turned into a colder glare as he added “You can't be so lazy that even helping us set the shop up would be such a heavy task for you, now wouldn't it?”
Yohji let his head heavily drop and dragged himself away from the stairs and towards the shop. He knew that he won't win an argument against Aya. Not in his incomplete-sleep-state at least. The sooner he does what is asked of him, the sooner he finishes, and the sooner he finishes, the sooner he can go back to his beloved bed. As he walked, he was mumbling things under his breath which were most likely words not suitable for young ages.
Ken couldn't help but chuckle at his teammates defeat. No one ever wins against Aya. Well, no one except Omi. Then again, Omi always gets his way with all of them. As Ken pondered about the situation, his mind again drifted back to his blue-eyed angel. He was although, taken away from his thinking-about-Omi moment by Yohji's whining voice.
“Oi, Hidaka! Just because I agreed to help you, doesn't mean that you can just stand there and do nothing!” complained the still sleep deprived blond.
Ken began walking towards the shop where his other two friends were already waiting.
“Hai, hai, I'm coming Mr. I'm-cranky-because-I-didn't-get-enough-sleep… Sheez”
As the three of them began setting up the shop, Ken couldn't help the thought that always popped out of mind….
`I wonder how Omi's doing…..'
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox oxoxoxoxoxoxox
“Well, I hoped all of you had a pleasant weekend.” Ms. Kaname said to her students with a smile. “Today is the start of a new week for those brains of yours to work inside school again. And if I must say, there are a lot of things your teachers planned for you this particular week. I heard that you will have a new project on your Livelihood class, although don't ask me what it is because I won't spoil it for you.” she let out a giggle as she finished her last sentence and continued on with talking about things that are related to school works and activities.
Ms. Kaname, Shizuka; she is a woman in her mid 20's that started teaching ever since she got out of college. She has long blue hair she keeps in a tight bun with the front of it down and reaches just above her eyes, she also has blue eyes but the shade of their color is lighter that her hair. She's a new teacher at school, she transferred there from a school at Kyoto…. and she seems to think that the students that enter there ACTULLY likes studying.
Omi sat on his seat looking out towards the window, not really paying attention to what his teacher was going on about. His classmates did well to follow his example, the girls were already passing up folded paper to one another, some of the guys were already having a hard time keeping their eyes open, and many of the others are already talking to each other in whispers to sum it all up; they were bored and didn't feel like listening.
`I hope the guys won't be too upset about me going back late. I'll just have to phone them later and tell them that I won't make it back for the first half of my shift.' Omi thought as he looked out the window.`What's up with sensei anyway? It's not like being 3 minutes late can make a large difference that getting here on time. The class just greeted her when I came. Sure I've been late before but still… she's giving me 2 hours detention time just because of being 3minutes late!' His mental rant of protest was cut short as his attention was suddenly grabbed by his teacher with the words she mentioned next.
“Oh! And I almost forgot. Starting today, you will be joined by a new transfer student” Ms. Kaname said with a new smile plastered on her face.
The class was obviously intrigued by their teacher's statement. All of them now looked like they were listening and some whispers of “Can you believe it? A new student?”, and “I wonder who it's gonna be…”, and also “Why would someone choose this school to transfer to?” came from the mouths of the seated students.
The students were starting to get noisy and Ms. Kaname cleared her throat to silence them down... Unfortunately it didn't work, so she tried it again and it made no change. She decided to try it the third time, but still it had no effect; the students were still talking to each other and keep ignoring her. She was beginning to get annoyed and veins started to pop out of her head.
“QUIET! YOU FUCKING LITTLE GREMLINS!”
She shouted at the top of her lungs. That seemed to do the job. The students stopped talking and were now looking at her. Although the looks she received from her students were not of those she expected. Instead of having attentive and respecting looks being given towards her, she received looks of awe and disbelief. But hey, you take what you get don't you? At least they're quiet now. So she decided to continue talking and seize this golden opportunity where her students are ACTUALLY giving her attention.
“As I was saying; you will be joined by a new student from now on, I heard that he transferred to this school from an elite School somewhere around town, or was it outside of town?” she said as she placed a finger on her chin in a gesture that showed she was trying to remember the correct information.
As his teacher was thinking, Omi was getting more and more excited and worked up on knowing who the new student will be.
`Oh, who cares where school he's from?' he thought a bit impatiently `Just skip to the part where you let him in and introduce him to us. It's not everyday you get to meet new people' Omi is a people person, so he always looks forward to meeting new persons and friends.
Ms. Kaname must've read his mind because she let the finger leave her chin and faced her students again with a smile on her face.
“Oh well, it's not important where school he came from.” she said to finally cut off her talking “Let's not hold this up much longer okay, I know you are all eager to meet him.” She turned her head towards the closed classroom door and called out “You may come in now!”
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
“Hey, Braddleeey…” whined a voice.
"..." it got no answer.
"I'm taaalking to youuu..."
"..."
“Can't you at least say something? …Anything?”
“…………”
The person with fiery red hair humphed and slumped back to the couch he was sitting on. He was trying to talk to his Oh-So-Brilliant-High-and-Mighty leader, but he failed to get a response from him everytime he talked. And he was talking for twenty minutes straight now.
Crawford just keeps on reading the newspaper and was completely into his Schuldig-doesn't-exist mode.
Schuldig thought about reading the other man's mind, but he probably has a shield up to block him out and it would be too much trouble to try and break through it, not that he couldn't do it mind you; he just thought it would be more fun to ask Crawford about the matter, than to try and peek into his mind. Maybe he could annoy his precognitive companion, but apparently the great plan of his backfired because he was the one getting annoyed during the situation. But he is still curious about the question that's itching at the back of his mind.
“I just want to know why you had to transfer the kid to a different school…” he said with a slight begging tone on his voice.
Crawford brought the newspaper he was holding down to his lap with a sigh. He removed his glasses and proceeded rubbed his temple with his hand. Even if he doesn't show it, he was a bit annoyed at the way Schuldig was throwing all those sentences at him earlier, but it was all worth it. After all he could tell Schu was the one who was suffering more between the two of them. And since he asked nicely this time, it won't hurt to fill him in.
“I did it because….” the dark haired man started.
Schuldig sat up straighter on the couch he was sitting on. He knew Brad would spill the beans sooner or later. He strained his ears and was now on full alert about knowing what the answer to his question is.
“Because?...” Schuldig pried
“Because fate told me to…” Crawford finished.
“Eh?... What kind of reason is that?”
“If you're a precognitive like me and sees visions of the things that are going to happen, you would understand.” Crawford said as he lifted his paper back up and continued reading it.
Leaving Schuldig with more things to ponder about than before he even asked his question….
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Nagi's POV:
Nagi just got out of the Principal's Office and finished discussing the arranging of his transferal papers with the old lady, he also already talked to his homeroom teacher. The woman told him that she would first let the class know about him being transferred to the school and call him in later. He nodded he's agreement and his new blue haired sensei smiled at his gesture. He was now walking towards his classroom.
The young telekinetic still didn't understand what went inside Crawford's head that made the man decide to suddenly transfer him into this new school. He was just told yesterday as he was doing his book report on “Hamlet” that he shouldn't bother to waste his efforts trying to continue the said report because he wouldn't get the chance to hand it in anyway.
Of course he had difficulty understanding what the man with glasses meant. And so he asked why. The answer he got was short and straight to the point; “You're going to transfer to another school.” it was the only thing he got out of the person in charge of their team, not that he asked further questions, he made it a habit not to question Crawford's decisions so much. The one time he did it, he got himself a very, very cold glare with a matching bruise on his left cheek.
He got to his destination, and was now standing there for about five minutes now. And so that's a glimpse of the full story why he was now standing in front of his supposedly new classroom and waiting for his teacher to give him a sign that he could come in. He expected that he would be called in immediately; after all, he did spend quite some time inside the Principal's Office. So he thought that he wouldn't spend more than a minute or two waiting outside, but it seems that his new teacher was quite a talker because he could hear noises from inside the classroom and mostly it was hers. He ignored the fact he heard his supposedly perky teacher say some words that weren't meant for minor ears to hear. Maybe she was having some small talk with her class first, before announcing to them his incoming presence.
“You may come in now!”
Those words coming from inside the room were his signal that he had permission to enter the classroom now. He opened the sliding door and stepped inside. He was welcomed by his teacher's smiling face as he continued to walk into the room. He stopped by his teacher's side and turned to face his new classmates. All of them looked nothing out of the ordinary. There where girls that looked like they couldn't be more obsessed with their hair for they keep on combing and smoothening it out almost as often as the human eye blink, there where boys that must've been paying to much time brushing their teeth for they keep flashing those pearly whites to everyone, most of his classmates looked like they were trying so hard to outshine the next kid. He didn't look past the first row for he hated having to look at those kinds of persons; the kinds that always wants to be better than everybody else.
`Well, there's being in pilot section for you…' Nagi thought to himself.
Ms. Kaname cleared her throat and gestured her hand to the younger boy standing beside her.
“Well everyone, this is Mr. Naoe, Nagi. He will be joining the rest of you from now on. He transferred here from an exclusive school somewhere in Tokyo and he was the top student of the class he came from.”
After the brief description of Nagi was made, the students yet again started whispering to each other. If Nagi wasn't trained by his team leader to be able to hide his feelings and emotions well; he would've rolled his eyes as a reaction to what his classmates are doing right now.
His teacher spoke again and he listened to it but he wasn't expecting the words that came out of her mouth.
“Well, well… I believe that Mr. Naoe here would give you tough competition Mr. Tsukiyono.”
`Tsukiyono?' Nagi asked himself. There was only one person he knew that has/uses that surname. `Could it be? Is it him?' He traced the direction his teacher's eyes were looking at and found out that he was right about who it is.
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo xoxoxoxoxox
Omi's POV:
Omi couldn't believe his eyes. The moment he laid eyes on the person that entered the door. `PRODIGY! ….No, it can't be! Maybe he just looks like him…' he tried to convince himself. But then the new kid turned to fully face the class and he had to add as an afterthought`-EXACTLY like him….'
Omi was seated at the second to the last row at the back of the room, next to a window. And the newcomer just scanned the first row of faces which thankfully didn't include him. His teacher proceeded on introducing the new transferee to them, and it was then when he lost hope of the boy being somebody else.
“Well everyone, this is Mr. Naoe, Nagi….” Ms. Kaname was still talking but he toned her out of his mind and the only thing he could now hear was the thoughts that were coming from his own mind.
`It IS the Nagi- Schwarz telekinetic! Now what?...'
It's true that Weiβ only knew little about their sworn nemesis, but there's nothing like a little researching that would do the job of finding out at least their real names. That's how he found out about them. He wasn't a hacker slash genius for nothing….
It would seem that Nagi hasn't noticed him yet. He was a bit relieved because of that. He has no idea what will happen once the other young genius notices his presence inside the same room. However, good things always come to an end. And for Omi, it happened when his teacher announced his name inside the classroom while she was beside his counter foe.
“Well, well… I believe that Mr. Naoe here would give you tough competition Mr. Tsukiyono.” It was understandable why she said that. Omi was the current number one in the class after all. She really did keep tabs on what's the happening on her students.
But as Omi saw the midnight blue eyes of the young telekinetic dart out and look towards him. He cursed that big mouth of his teacher for ever mentioning is name. But then again, it was inevitable that the other assassin would notice him sooner or later. His whole body tensed up, here he was, in his school which was full of people that doesn't know about the real him and would probably freak out if they ever did, and he came to be faced with one of the people he fight against regularly and to top it all of, the person he's up against has special gifts that hindrance him on EVER having the upper hand.
He thought about the possible moves he could make. He always had his darts around with him so he could always use them in case of emergencies. But Omi had encounters with Nagi before and his darts didn't do much help. Besides, trying to engage the other in battle inside the classroom wasn't the best choice to make because it would end up involving his innocent schoolmates and teacher on it, that plan was a no-brainer. He was near the window, so maybe he could try and escape through there if ever Nagi decided on attacking. Not only will he manage to get away, but also he would be able to save his schoolmates from getting involved by getting far away from them. The only problem was, he's classroom is on the seventh floor and he would probably end up getting badly injured if not dead if he jumped out, so far he only had training on how to land safely from three stories high, so that plan also wouldn't work. Maybe he could just do noting? Maybe he could just sit there and act normal as if he doesn't know who Nagi is and what he's capable of, he could just pretend to sit there and act like nothing is wrong. Hopefully the other one will not do anything harsh, and since all his previous plans are twaddle; he was stuck with this option.
So as those midnight blue eyes looked into his cerulean ones, he didn't do anything. And he kind of noticed that there was nothing he could read in the other's reaction either. It was just as if not more so as empty as the façade he was trying to pull. He was almost amazed by how Nagi can look like he doesn't have anything to worry about always, if only he was assured that his safety and even life was not in danger because of the dark haired boy; he would've even given the other boy a compliment or two.
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox oxoxooxox
They both didn't know how long they looked into each other's eyes by now, but neither of them seemed to want to break the contact because both of them wasn't sure what the other was thinking. Every moment counts because it can cost your life, so you'd better not loose track of your opponent; that's one of the things they've learned during the many battles that they have been through at their young age.
The tension between them was lessened when Ms. Kaname spoke again.
“I expect all of you to welcome him with open arms, alright everyone?” She said to the class. “Now where can you sit? Hhmmmm…” the blue haired lady let her eyes scan the room for an empty seat and she found one, which was the empty seat behind Omi that was also beside the wall that had the queue of windows on it. “You can sit on the empty seat at the back next to the window.” She told Nagi who was still standing beside her “Tsubaki-san, could you please raise your hand so Naoe-san can be guided to his seat?” she requested to the girl whose seat was beside the empty one.
The girl did as she was asked to and raised her hand. Nagi took off and headed to his seat. As he was walking there, he passed Omi's seat and in that fraction of a moment he said to the still cautious blonde “I don't mean any harm…” on a very calm and smooth voice. Even though their current situation is a bit suspicious, Omi was relieved by the words that came from the other boy. He didn't quite know why but he was able to trust the words that came from Nagi.
Even though it was a bit uncomfortable, Omi managed to bear having a member of Schwarz sit beside him without constant fidgeting. He made a mental note of what he would tell his friends back at the Koneko when he got the chance to call them during the free period, 1. That he was going to miss half of his shift, and 2. That he would be studying in the same class as Prodigy from now on… He wasn't really looking forward to the reactions of his teammates when he finally gets the chance to tell them all of that.
`Oh well, who ever said that life was fair, right?' Omi thought to himself.

—End of Chapter—
A.N. - Sorry it quite a while, but I was kind of busy. I made up for taking long by making a longer chapter now didn't I? (Well I hope so…) Please review alright? They are very much appreciated!
—Emi-chan