Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ As We Go Through Life ❯ -Growing Stronger Feelings- ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Weiβ Kreuz or any of its characters. Please don't sue me for writing a story about them. Thank you...
Author's Notes: Finally I've done it! The third chapter... Sorry for the long wait, I got kind of busy the past weeks. Hope you still read this... I love you guys! (mwuah!)

-As We Go Through Life-
By: Emina13
Chapter III: Growing Stronger Feelings

Omi's POV:
"-and over here, we have the library..." I said to my companion as I went ahead and opened the close door of the said room to let the both of us have a look inside. As soon as I'm convinced that he already has a clear view of inside the room full of bookcases and stacks of books enough to leave an impression on his memory; I close the door silently and walk away from the room a bit; partly because I don't want to go in and face the librarian who almost got a stroke after the time me and my research partner forgot to return a book on time. I think she's not over the whole thing yet, and so seeing me might trigger some unwanted memories in her mind and cause an ambulance to rush into school grounds… again.
“Let's go on, this way…” I told him and gestured for him to follow my lead, thankfully he complies with no protest at all, and so we walk towards the next stop in my mental list of places to go.
I am in the middle of showing Naoe-san (as I now label the other minor aged assassin whom I have had battle encounters with regularly) around the campus. And I am not doing this because I volunteered, oh no, I am doing this against my own will. After all, who in their right minds would willingly show their supposedly enemy around school grounds, right?
My oh-so-nice-and-pleasant teacher suddenly decided to ask someone to please show our new classmate around campus because he's new here and could have problems getting around, blah, blah, blah…. And she HAD to pick me! Can you believe it! There are a total of 38 students inside the class room except for me and him. I had a 38 to 1 chance of being chosen to be the one who will have the privilege of showing our new classmate around campus. You think with that small of a chance you are in the clear right? Well apparently not for me, even though I kept praying silently to whatever god out there to take pity and not let me be chosen to take telekinesis boy on a campus tour, it seems like fate had planned the contrary for me.
I'm really beginning to think my homeroom teacher dislikes me. First she gives me 2 hours of detention, and now this? To spend free morning period alone with a person that has tried to take away my life on more than one occasion is not exactly something I would like to add in my `to do' list, but since I'm in school and is supposed to be a student, and a good one at that matter; I have to follow the teachers' requests…. It would probably raise suspicion if their oh-so-well-behaved-student: Mr. Tsukiyono suddenly declines their requests and refuses to give the reason why.
I don't remember doing anything that would result into Kaname-sensei bearing a grudge this HUGE against me. I've been a good student; I always hand in my homework, I constantly ace all of our exams, I come to school whenever I can, I stay out of fraternity gangs that give our school a bad name, I always carry my student ID card to school… To make the long story short, aside from being continuously late the third time for the month, and the fact that I took some absent days because of my night job. I've been the nearest to a perfect student that you can find in this whole school. Yet despite being all of that, Kaname-sensei decides to give me two hours of after school detention that would make me miss half of my shift back at the shop which would probably not run well without my presence during rush hour, and she also made me to Naoe-san's personal school campus tour guide.
I don't know what Kaname-sensei's problem with me is. But I hope she gets over it soon and decides to forgive me. She's only torturing me for half a day now and I already feel like the heavens have dropped on me.
Naoe-san and I continue on with our tour (in which I do most of the talking and is relatively quiet due to lack of exchange of words) and take a turn to the corner to proceed into the science lab.
“Over here we have room 023.” I started to explain “This is one of the school's Science Laboratories.”
I look at him to find that his eyes are wandering around the room. He almost seems interested in the whole tour and has no intentions of slamming things at me or slamming me to things. I can't see any hostility from his features. Maybe I'm safe for the time being? Then again, I never see any sign of enmity that much on his appearance even when he's already killing people or any signs of other emotions for that matter. So it's best not to let my guard down regarding him just yet.
His eyes stopped roaming around and he turned to face me. And then I suddenly had difficulty trying to remain calm. It must be just instinct, knowing what your enemy is capable of can do that to you, thankfully I didn't seem to show him how much uneasy he's making me feel because he didn't mention anything about me starting to look pale or something.
`Okay, breathe Omi,' I tell myself. `If you can't even look at him straight in the eye without flinching, what good are you as the leader of Kritiker's top assassination team? What were all those years of training for? Pull yourself together!'
With a few silent breaths, I regain my stable heart beat and was able to face him with a neutral expression. He opens his small mouth and is about to form words using them. My mind tries to process and foretell what he's about to say, I never hear him say much before, so it was almost impossible for me to figure out what he was about to say. It could be anything, the worst thing for it to be is an incantation to mess with my body's systems and make me die a slow, painful death… -you think I'm over assuming about this? Well one thing I've learned when we've encountered Schwarz the first time was; they like making us suffer, and suffer in ways no other human being could be put through.
“If you don't mind me asking” I hear him say. “How many Laboratories does this school have, exactly?”
I blink twice at him. `Well that was…. A pretty safe thing he's done.' I can't help but be astounded that I wasn't feeling any pain even after he have said the most since this morning when I met him as a fellow student.And he's asking a question. I thought they knew everything, but he's asking a question!
I notice that the person I'm accompanied with slowly tilts his head to a side. It's as if he's waiting for me to say something…. Or give him a reply- `Oh that's right!' I mentally slapped myself after I replayed the previous events in my head `He was asking me a question!' I must've looked dumb just standing here after a question was directed to me. It was a nice way to ruin my Mr. Smart Guy impression I thought I had. I really can't believe how bad of a day I'm having. It's official; lady destiny hates me.
I might as well answer his question and hope that this feeling of disappointment that I suddenly acquired with myself will go away eventually. It will be hard to continue on my life while having low self-esteem. I need optimism to cover up all of the grim things in my life, and more often than I would like, even the grim in the lives of others.
“Well there are five science laboratories in our school” I told him “Two of them are exclusive for the use of Science club members only, while the remaining three are where the students perform experiments at during Science classes” I said to the brunet in front of me.
“Oh, I see…” is what I heard he said in response, which means that we are near to the stage where we lose the initiative to go on with talking to each other.
It's not that I'm not content with just an “oh, I see…” as an answer from him… But I can't help not to do something in order to not break what could be my first conversation with Prod- I mean Naoe-san, -it's the chance of a life time to engage the other in a one on one talk, maybe he isn't that bad, besides, we're classmates aren't we? It's only natural for us to talk to each other because we're in the same class, so I decided to ask him a question to help fuel up the possible tête-à-tête we could have together.
“Say, since you're new here, you haven't joined any extra curricular clubs yet, have you, Naoe-san?”
There, that was fairly a good start. I believe that his current situation of not being a member of any clubs yet would be a great topic to start with. The conversation may grow in a reasonably great length since there are lots of subjects that could branch out from that one, and the best part is, it is not connected in any sort of way to our night jobs.
“Well no, not yet. The principal said that I would be allowed to look through the different school clubs for a bit before I hand in my list choice to her.” He explained “So I'm not actually rushing to find and join one.”
I didn't know how I exactly ended up saying the things that came out of my mouth next. I guess I wasn't really thinking so I ended up acting on impulse, or maybe it's what I really wanted to say. Whatever the reason is, I almost regretted having ever said it to Naoe-san because of the look on his face after he heard:
“Wanna join the Gardening Club?”
“Huh?...”
-
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxox oxox
-
Yohji was in paradise…. He closed he's eyes and feel his surroundings, the cool breeze felt wonderful as it caresses his skin and plays with his hair, the warm rays of the sun was semi blocked by the clouds in the sky, he could feel the soft grass that cushioned him from the ground, he could even hear the birds chirping from their nests up in the trees.
Yes, he was at a place of complete contentment…. To make everything even more perfect, he could hear his name being called by a familiar, charming voice….
“Yohji…. Yohji….” Called out the voice to him
Yohji opened his eyes slowly and found out that the voice calling his name came from his gorgeous, red headed co-team member. Aya was looking down on him where he lied in the grass. The beautiful crimson haired being was looking down on him with the sun shining behind his amazing form, making his beauty radiant more in a mystifying way.
The figure of beauty that was looking down on him reached out a delicate hand to gently stroke his cheek. He leaned to the touch as he closed his eyes to feel the touch completely.
“Oh, Yohji…..” he hears his voice again. Aya's voice sounds so right while it's calling out his name. He very much liked the way his name sounds when Aya mentions it.
Moments later, both of them were now lying on the grass while looking at the blue sky. Aya was leaning against Yohji, and the older man has an arm around his shoulder. As the time passes by with both of them like that, Yohji felt so perfect and couldn't help but say “Why couldn't it be like this all the time?” Although the question was not directed to Aya in particular, the red head shifted so that he could face Yohji, he looked at the blond man straight in the eyes and replied
“Because we can only be like this in your dreams, Yohji……”
Those were the last words he heard before his perfect scenery went all black. And those words keep echoing through his head…
Because we can only be like this in your dreams, Yohji….”
-can only be like this in your dreams-“
-in your dreams, Yohji….”
-Yohji…”
-
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxox oxox
-
“Yohji.”
Aya was starting to get irritated. He called Yohji's name several times now, and still the playboy won't wake up from his sleep. The three of them were setting up the shop when he lost sight of the blond man. Even after he and Ken finished the job, Yohji was still no where to be found. He went back inside their living area where he caught sight of the person's he's looking for. He found Yohji sitting on the steps, and a closer look reveals that the man is actually sleeping.
At first he thought of just leaving the older man there but decided otherwise. As much as he would love to, he couldn't let the other man sleep in that discomforting position. Yohji might develop a cramp which would lead to the disadvantage of all of them if Yohji wouldn't function on his 100, and Aya doesn't like having a disadvantage.
He's been trying to wake Yohji up for the past 5 minutes or so now, he even tried lightly smacking the other's face, it didn't do much of a change. He was beginning to consider dumping water on the blond man but his conscience prevented him from doing so, he knew that the man wanted to sleep but he forced him to help them. He felt a little bit bad for doing that so he just settled for calling out his name until he wakes up, which is taking a lot longer than he would like.
“Yohji, Yohji, come on, you'll have to wake up sometime.” He told his sleeping comrade.
The other assassin now stirred about. He squint his eyes a bit, and opened them slowly. Aya waited for Yohji to adjust and focus his eyes before he spoke to the other. “You shouldn't be sleeping on the stairs.” He lectured the older man.
The man who just woke up doesn't seem that he's fully awake. He still has that sleepy lazy look on his face even as he mumbled a random answer to Aya, got up, and dragged himself upstairs to his room. Aya was a bit worried that the blond will trip and fall down because of the way he was walking. Thankfully, he heard the door of Yohji's room close without any thud or bang that came from somewhere else.
As Yohji entered his room, he closed the door and leaned behind it, keeping his head looking down at the floor. A small, sad and almost painful smile formed itself on his lips.
“Only in my dreams huh?” he voiced softly to the empty room, his head still held low.
Well, yes. It is true that those things have so far only happened in his own head while he was slumbering. It happened many times before, he would dream about Aya, it was nothing new, but somehow, seeing the REAL Aya after you've had a dream about your IDEAL Aya kind of hurt. Knowing how different dreams are from reality can really hit you hard with a loud smack on the face. It makes his heart ache knowing that he is only a dreamer and not a maker.
He stayed looking gloomy for a while. So it was almost startling when that blond head of his shot up with his eyes having an indomitable, almost twinkling look and a determined smile now replacing the former sad one on his lips.
“Well I WON'T accept that as an answer from you Aya!” he said as he straightened himself up.
“I WILL make those events happen in reality! Just you wait….”
Aya breathed a silent sigh. Since that he was now assured that his teammate was now sleeping inside proper sleeping quarters, he walked back inside the shop where Ken was now already assisting one of their early customers. Sooner or later, those giggling girls would come and try to ruin his day….-again. It was part of the daily routine he had to live with since he joined Weiβ; wake up early, make sure the place is clean, work in the shop, remind the others when it's time to close up, do the accounting of everyday's profits, accept mission, follow the plan made by Omi, take a shower before finally going to sleep. It wasn't a pretty life, but he had a sort of family to help him make it through till the end of the day, and a blood related sister that is under physical therapy in order to be 100 percent well again.
He placed on his apron and got behind the cash register to start working.
`At least I get to visit my sister later' and by using that thought as some kind of motivation, Aya started to slowly let his irritation leave him.
-
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxox oxox
-
“….the said founder and first king of Rome- Romulus, had killed his twin brother Remus in order to come out on top and be the true ruler of Rome….”
The voice of their History teacher was the only thing that could be heard inside the classroom all the students are busy being bored or actually listening to the lecture to causing noise.
He liked the quiet; he never had enough of it when he was back with his “Family”. Farfarello would go nutcase every now and then, Schuldig would constantly pester his thoughts, while Brad did nothing to stop them. Even if he wore earplugs, it won't do anything to keep all the noise from their house out of his ears. He liked the quiet because it allows him to relax more, and concentrate better on the things happening around him.
His eyes drifted from the pen and notebook on his desk to the back of the boy that had showed him around school grounds. He never thought that his new school would also be the school where his white counter part went to. He vaguely wondered if Crawford had known.
`If he did, why didn't he tell me anything?' Nagi asked himself, then a thought entered hi mind `It can't be! D-do they know? ….Maybe not, they should've told me something if they had known anything…. Furthermore, I believe that I have concealed my feelings in my actions rather well, I hope…. Still, what could be the reason for this? Does Crawford even know that one of the Weiβ -and their leader for that matter goes to this school? If he doesn't, how can he not? And if he does, why transfer me here? It just doesn't make sense…'
And as he pondered about the possible reasons why their team leader chose Bombay's/ Tsukiyono-san's school for him to transfer to, a musical-like tone started to flow out from somewhere. It was his cellular phone that started to ring which caused the class to be disrupted.
He jumped a bit when he heard his cell-phone rang. He quickly fumbled inside his bag for it and turned it off in order to cease the noise it was producing and prevent it from further disturbing their History Class without even reading the message he received. He sighed a bit when he was sure he turned the phone off, he was almost relieved actually… that is, if Tsubame-sensei wasn't marching towards him and looking like she was about to tear his head off his neck. The expression on the lady's face vaguely reminded him of his old instructors back at Rosenkreuz, intimidating and always wanting to be in control. How he hated those times.
“Mr. Naoe, Nagi”
`Great, she's using my full name. She must be really pissed to go through the trouble of mentioning my complete name.' thought Nagi as he shyly looked at his teacher.
Omi had gave Nagi the 411 about their teachers earlier during their tour, and he remembered him saying that their History teacher is a very grumpy and moody woman, probably because she's already in her late 20's and still haven't found someone to be in a romantic relationship and settle down with. The blond assassin advised him to stay on out of her list.
“Yes ma'am?” he tentatively answered.
“You're on my list.”
Too late, all of Omi's warnings came to nothing, why hadn't he'd been more careful? Tsubame-sensei handed the slim young brunette a slip of paper then demanded “Give me your phone…”
Nagi was hesitant at first but handed in his phone to the lady after a moment or so anyway. `How am I going to explain to Brad that my phone got confiscated by one of my new teachers in my first day of transfer to this school? I bet he won't be too happy about that one.' He worriedly thought to himself as his teacher walks away.
He sighed and looked at the paper handed to him a moment ago. He scans it and finds out that it is a detention slip. He gave out a small groan as he placed the paper down his desk and buries his face into his palms.
`Great, I also have to be late going home because I need to attend detention!'
Omi looks sympathetically at the boy seated behind him. `Poor Naoe-san, I know it must suck to be embarrassed like that in front of the whole class and get your call-phone confiscated.'
His cerulean eyes drifted to the paper Nagi placed on his desk before moping, he narrowed his eyes in order to take a better look at its contents. His eyes widen after he realized that the piece of paper is a detention slip.
`Wow, detention on your first day. Now I understand why you're acting like that' thought Omi as he looked at Nagi.
“Don't worry too much” he whispered to Nagi who still had his hands covering his face. “She will return you phone eventually. It's against school policies to steal from students after all...”
At this, Nagi removed his hands from his face and looks at the boy who was trying to reassure him. He didn't say anything to Omi though, he just blinked at him, but it was alright, Omi spoke enough for the both of them.
“And if you're worrying about the whole detention thing, don't get too much into it, because I'll be in there with you.” Omi said as he flashed a reassuring smile to Nagi.
Nagi wasn't sure on how to react to Omi's latest statement. What he really wanted to say was `You will? Really! Thank you so much! You're so sweet!' but what came out of his mouth was
“You have detention too?”
It was very far from what he first had in mind, but he was thankful for that. He would've looked and sounded really stupid if he blurted those things in front of his enemy and secret admiration.
Yes, it's true; he had developed a particular liking to his counter part throughout all of their meetings. The first time he saw Bombay was in a photo he was ordered to alter and combine with another photo of their former employer that was now dead thanks to a certain redhead on the other team, he felt something inside of him stir ever since then. Almost like he'd known the blond young man from somewhere before, and since then he'd been keeping his feelings for Bombay hidden inside him, no one else knows about his feelings for Omi, not even his teammates, or at least he hoped not.
“Well, yeah….” Omi answered back “I got tardy 3 times in a row and Kaname-sensei gave me detention for it.”
“Oh, I see….”
Omi couldn't help the feeling of irritation he got when for the second time that day he received the “oh, I see” answer from Nagi. He just wanted for the other to be a little bit more initiative during conversations. He wondered if the other even knows how to socialize with other people, from what he have seen so far of Nagi, he tends to stay quiet and avoids talking much to other people.
`I guess I still have to be the one to direct the flow of conversation' Omi said to himself.
He was about to open his mouth to say something when he remembered that they were still in the middle of class hours and their teacher is in a particularly bad mood after the whole cell-phone incident. Maybe having a chat with Nagi right now is not the best thing to do.
“Why don't we continue discussing this later on? We wouldn't want to be scolded in front of the whole class right? And don't worry too much okay?” Omi offered Nagi one final smile before looking out to the front of the room to continue listening to their history lecture.
Nagi still gazed at the back of his blond classmate, thinking how kind and friendly Omi had been to him considering the fact that they are supposed to be enemies. Omi was so far the only one whom he had a talk with in this whole school (except for the teachers and the principal). If Omi wasn't there, he probably wouldn't talk at all. He tried to direct all of their conversations to drift away but the other have always found a way to keep up their discussions. The young blond has a way with other people, he even made him agree into joining the Gardening Club, he didn't know how Omi did it, most of it was a blur about how fun planting and tending plants is and it all ended up in him mouthing the words “Sure…”. He was beginning to like Omi even more now that before.
`Congratulations Tsukiyono, Omi. You have just dug your way deeper into my heart. It would be very, very difficult- if not impossible - to get you out of here.' Nagi said to himself as he placed a hand gently above his chest.
-
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxox oxox
-
Ken's POV
“Thank you, come again!”
I said to the girl that just finished buying an arrangement and was on her way out the door. I think she is going to give it to someone because she said that she wants a special card to go with it. As soon as she's out the door I turn back to continue working.
I like working with flowers, and people consider that they make good presents because they are pretty, and have a way of making people smile.
Smile…. That word alone is enough for my thoughts to once again travel to the only person I considered that gave the most beautiful of smiles; Omi. I can still remember the first smile he received from his angel. It was on the day we were first introduced. All of the scars and wounds I had inside me from losing my life's dream were still fresh and stings an awful lot in my heart. It seemed that nothing can make my sufferings go away anytime soon, but there he was; Omi standing before me and reaching a hand out to my pathetic self, he was like a savior, an angel that descended from heavens just to relieve me of my pain by giving me a special and beautiful smile.
I started working on another flower arrangement which I will put in line with Omi and the others' earlier ones. The four of us have different styles of arranging flowers. The one's Aya did were always neat, and artistic. Aya often deal with the roses because he has a way of not getting pricked. Yohji's arrangements always exert a romantic aura, perfect for those looking for gifts to their lover's. My style is a bit messy but considerably pretty, people say they're best as presents for friends and family because they have a homey style. Then there's Omi's work of genius. His arrangements are always so lovely, cheery and spirit lifting to look at. You would be a very lucky person to receive an arrangement done by Omi as a present. The way he deals with flowers make them look like they would star dancing any moment. He puts life in everything he does. The flowers he arranged would be best to cheer someone up or give them inspiration. Just like what he does with us.
I know we all admit that Omi plays and essential part in our lives. He have always kept us sane and steered us away from wrong paths. His smile that he gave to us reminds us of what we fight and kill for. We do this kind of work (assassination, I mean) because we want to protect the smiles and safety of the innocent ones, the ones that didn't experienced all the hardships we went through simply because life is not fair, the ones that can't fight and kill for theirselves because they don't have what it takes. We don't really like what we're doing, but someone has to do something to protect what's right and bestow judgment among those that the law cannot and can never touch, and it might as well be those whose hands are already covered and blood and souls already tainted with pain. Omi is different from the rest of us, he is able to smile and carry all of our pains as well as provide aid to those pains. I have a high regard for his being able to do all of the things I know I will never be able to.
He has done so much for us. I want to be able to look out as much as I can for him too. I want him to feel that there are people around him that will care for him as much or maybe even more than he cares for them. For once I want him to be the one who is pampered and cared for, the one who's looked out for, the one who'll have someone behind him to give support and encouragement, I want him to be loved, and I want to be the person that would do those things for him. Someday, I'm going to have to tell him how I feel….
RING RING RING
I was interrupted from my internal musings by the sudden ring of our shop phone. I look around for my co-worker and find him assisting some other customers. I take that as a sign that I will have to be the one to answer the ringing device.
“I'll get it.” I announced and picked up the handle of the phone.
“Koneko Sumo Ie, how may I help you?” I voiced out the words we should say everytime we answer the shop phone. I wait for the person in the other line to reply.
“Ken-kun?” I know who the person it the other line is immediately because of that beautiful voice and because only one person calls me with the suffix “kun”.
“Omi, why did you call? Do you need something? Are you in trouble?” I asked right ahead about his well being, an instinct I developed over the past few years.
“I'm fine Ken-kun.” `Whew, that was a relief.' “I just called to let you know that I will be late going home today so I'm going to need someone to fill up for half of my shift.”
“Oh, well then I'll cover for you.” I volunteer immediately. I can't help it, when it comes to Omi asking favors I just can't say no. Besides, Aya would be unavailable because he's going to visit his sister at the hospital where she's doing exercises to be wholly cured once and for all. Her body wstayed dormant for more than two years so she was having difficulty getting used to moving again.
“You will? You sure it won't be of a bother Ken-kun?” I hear him say. He's still thinking about others. That's the Omi I know and love.
“What are you saying? Of course it won't be a bother, I can handle that no problem.” I reassure him.
“Really? Thanks a lot Ken-kun, I'll leave as soon as I can. Remember that later would be daily rush hour so do your best, leave the flowers where you can easily get them so you won't have to do extra efforts in going back and fort for them. Have Yohji-kun near by the door so the ones who will actually buy and the girls who will only come to look around would be separated, it would make things easier that way, you might also want to pre wring some flowers up before rush hour comes so you won't take much time doing it in a latter time. Did you get all of that? And if you're having problems ask Yohji-kun for help okay? Don't work yourself too hard.” I hear him say in the other line.
“I'll keep that in mind. We'll be fine. You just be careful and take care over there `kay?” I said to him in a reassuring tone of voice.
“Alright, I'm counting on you and thank you so much Ken-kun. Bye….”
“Yeah, bye….” I said and wait for him to cut off the connection first before I put down the receiver.
I feel better after I heard Omi's voice. Not that I'm feeling bad earlier, just that Omi really brightened me up. I'll have to do my best when I take over his shift later. After all, I'll do anything for my beloved angel…
-End of Chapter-

Author's note: Another chapter done and posted. Hope you review!
-Emi-chan-