Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Hard Life ❯ Problems ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Crawford snarled spitefully at Schuldich as he walked into the kitchen. The American had been in an uncharacteristically bad mood lately, even for him. He looked absolutely wretched. He was a mess. He hadn’t eaten, slept , or spoken for almost three days. He was deathly pale. Nagi walked into the kitchen and proceeded to drag Crawford to his room. The man grumbled angrily at the teen. The American’s temper had escalated to a sadistic pitch. He had fallen into a violent depression. Yore sat at the table ,watching Nagi and Farfellow try to get Crawford to his room.
The American finally gave up the fight and allowed himself to be pulled out. Yore shook her head and sighed. Schuldich kissed her head. When the other two came back they began discussing their latest mission.
Yore stretched out on the couch as best she could. She’d been put on leave and didn’t like it. She’d become restless. But Schuldich refused to let her do anything dangerous while she was pregnant. That meant nine months of lazing about. Yore hated it .She’d begun to notice things about her new teammates. It seemed that the side effect had kicked in for Nagi, who’d taken the same drug she had ,and Crawford had taken to locking himself in his room for hours or even days at a time.
Yore yawned ,flipping through the TV channels. She wasn’t too, too worried about Nagi, he’d be fine. Crawford was a different story. He was drawn , and he’d almost stopped eating. They’d tried getting the American to eat but nothing worked. He got little sleep and was constantly pacing. She worried about his state of mind. Schuldich returned from shopping and dropped the groceries in the kitchen.
“Crawford come out of his room yet?” he asked
“No,” she said.
“Wish we could help him.”
“I know.”


Crawford laid himself flat on his stomach. He was soooo hungry but he didn’t seem to want to eat anything. He would have o eat sooner or later or he’d starve. But he was so confused. All of his visions lately had been blurry. Suddenly ,someone rapped on his door, stirring hi out of his hazy daydreams into reality.
“What?”
Yore entered.
“I made to a sandwich. You won’t be fit to do much of anything if you don’t eat you twit,” she said.
He growled at her. It would be enough to make the others duck but the blonde was unfazed. She kissed the side of his head.
“Eat so you can build your strength back up. You’re the mastermind. I’m sure you have a plan to end all the bloodshed. We can’t go it without you. Remember, even though we may not say so ,we love you, “she said as she left.
He stared at the sandwich. Did she really mean all that gibberish? Maybe. But then again maybe not. He mused quietly as he polished off the sandwich.

Nagi walked down the street and tried to flag down a taxi. Nothing seemed to worked. Omi saw Nagi trying her best to flag down a cab. He pulled over.
“Need a ride miss?” he asked.
“Really? Oh thank you. I need to get to the flower shop on 32nd street,” she said climbing on the back.
“No problem. I work there any way.”
They sped along quickly heading across town. They pulled in about twenty minutes later. Nagi wandered about the store looking for just the right flowers. She knew that Crawford liked Narcissi and they needed to be bright. She hoped they would cheer him up.
“Do you have any Narcissi here?” she asked.
“Yes we do .What color do you want?” Omi said.
“Pale blue. I’m trying to cheer up a friend,” she said.
Omi helped her pick out the perfect flowers. Then Nagi paid for them and the two teens talked for almost an hour. Omi dropped Nagi off at home, a little disappointed they couldn’t talk more. He took her hand before she went in.
“What’s your name?” Omi asked.
“Nagi,”she replied.
“I’ like to see you again. Maybe we could talk more,” Omi said.
“Pick me up here tomorrow at four,” Nagi said, winking at him, then she went inside.